Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    iGamer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Google International Targeting

    Hi Everyone,

    First post for me, I wonder if you guys can help. My sportsbook affiliate site is a few months old and I never selected the settings in Google Search Console to target the UK. Consequently I'm getting lots of traffic from everywhere in the world, and my biggest country is Kenya.

    I've since set the setting to target the UK, but 2 days later am still getting more African traffic than UK, which is obviously leading to lower conversions due to my UK bookie offers.

    Any idea how long it takes Google to change the geo target to send me more UK traffic?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    349
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 183 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    Should have got a .co.uk if you were targeting the UK.

  3. #3
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    3,661
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 2,948 Times in 1,628 Posts

    Default

    It can be also spam? Try to filter the Kenya in Google Analytics and watch the behavior of that African traffic. Focus on bounce rate and time on site. It happens a lot that those exotic countries deliver bounce rate 99.9% and <1sec on site which is obviously some totally **** traffic doing weird seo tricks, attacks etc (usually from one Ip address). Even this traffic somehow can be marked as from SE or Google.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  4. #4
    maxpower's Avatar
    maxpower is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Settings up things in Google Search Console will not solve it in a few days, give GWT more time..
    Play the Best free casino games right now. Mejores juegos de casino gratis - Jugar ahora. Os melhores jogos de casino grátis para jogar agora. Die besten casino spiele kostenlos. A legjobb kaszinós játékok ingyen azonnali játékhoz. Nejlepší kasíno hry zdarma bez registrace. Zahrajte si také online kasíno hry zdarma ihned. Joacă Acum cele mai bune jocuri de cazino gratis. Najlepsze darmowe gry kasyno, Лучшие Бесплатные игровые автоматы.

  5. #5
    LottoCore is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    make sure your html Lang tags are correctly set to EN-GB as well.

    As one member pointed out it might be spam

  6. #6
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Yea make sure html tags are to your target country. Also some traffic is better than none

  7. #7
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,353
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 972 Posts

    Default

    my guess is your site is not strong enough to rank in one of the most saturated markets in the world, hence why you are seeing african traffic. or it could be that your site and content isn't good enough for prime google positions. either way you can never really get a good gauge on a 2 month old betting site

  8. #8
    megabonuscasino's Avatar
    megabonuscasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    check your analytics if the traffic in norefer because then the traffic is from bots.

  9. #9
    MrBinaryAff's Avatar
    MrBinaryAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    743
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 231 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    Have you sorted your problem iGamer?
    My website: http://mrbinary.co.uk/

    Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrBinaryAff
    Like my pictures on Instagram: https://instagram.com/mrbinary

  10. #10
    iGamer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBinaryAff View Post
    Have you sorted your problem iGamer?
    It looks like it's slowly starting to solve. UK traffic during the last week beat traffic from Kenya Have started seeing more signups and deposits as a result.

    Thanks for all the comments and tips everyone, much appreciated. The lang tags were already on there so thats ok. It looks like the African traffic has similar bounce rates and time on site as the UK so I'm thinking its unlikely to be bots. Hopefully the UK traffic will continue to increase in time and its just a waiting game. Will update here in a month.

  11. #11
    iGamer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    One option I'm considering is to create a multi-"language" website - with different versions of English targeting different countries. Does anyone have any recommendations for wordpress plugins eg https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/ It looks like there are quite a few. What I ideally want is to be able to post 1 article but have the lang tags and affiliate links specific to that country.

    eg tipsdaddy.com/aus/manu-v-man-city would have EN-aus lang tags in order to rank higher in Google Australia and have Australian affiliate links, otherwise it would be the same article.

    Any recommendations or thoughts? Thanks in advance.

  12. #12
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    349
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 183 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamer View Post
    One option I'm considering is to create a multi-"language" website - with different versions of English targeting different countries. Does anyone have any recommendations for wordpress plugins eg https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/ It looks like there are quite a few. What I ideally want is to be able to post 1 article but have the lang tags and affiliate links specific to that country.

    eg tipsdaddy.com/aus/manu-v-man-city would have EN-aus lang tags in order to rank higher in Google Australia and have Australian affiliate links, otherwise it would be the same article.

    Any recommendations or thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    I would advise against it. It would be incredibly spammy.

  13. #13
    Soplica's Avatar
    Soplica is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    I can't even put Lang tags on my website. Tried plugins and in the webmasters search console it doesn't appear

  14. #14
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks
    1,300
    Thanked 949 Times in 610 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    I would advise against it. It would be incredibly spammy.
    Hate to bump a year old thread like this, but, I am curious what about that approach is spammy? Unless I'm understanding it incorrectly, it's just customizing the page to the user's needs and wants?

  15. #15
    ApostaGanha's Avatar
    ApostaGanha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    175
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

  16. #16
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 220 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Hello,

    Logically, I do not recommend to target any country.

    Because;

    Nowadays most of the people are using IP changer programs. And also an English man may live in another country as well.

    So I think Google does not take care of this setting much.

    That is my opinion of course.

    Google is cleverer than us!

    Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by iGamer View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    First post for me, I wonder if you guys can help. My sportsbook affiliate site is a few months old and I never selected the settings in Google Search Console to target the UK. Consequently I'm getting lots of traffic from everywhere in the world, and my biggest country is Kenya.

    I've since set the setting to target the UK, but 2 days later am still getting more African traffic than UK, which is obviously leading to lower conversions due to my UK bookie offers.

    Any idea how long it takes Google to change the geo target to send me more UK traffic?

    Thanks in advance

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •