Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    BigGamer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Google January Core Update

    Anyone seen any good indicators? It just hitted Norway in a big way. Seems a few sites that took a hit on the last one got some boost.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigGamer For This Useful Post:

    Lhlht (15 January 2020), rafraf (21 January 2020), web31 (21 January 2020)

  3. #2
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    I've seen quite a lot of movement - one or two sites in particular doing very well, and based on their links and content its no surprise. Not sure what the theme of this update is (if there is one). Seems to still be rolling out in UK if SEMrush is to be believed. Haven't seen much difference on my own sites.

  4. #3
    Lhlht's Avatar
    Lhlht is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    I got a 3+ pages increase in rankings. Norwegian sites..

  5. #4
    BigGamer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Holkopolka, bra jobbet

    wow, a lot of turbulence

  6. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Yup-- big boost for me


  7. #6
    footyguru365 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    We have seen some really hopefully increases in the past week! We are up against some big sites and sat middle of page 1 for some good search terms now! Looking forward to seeing what happens once the update is fully rolled out.

  8. #7
    big fish is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,425
    Blog Entries
    32
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 133 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    Not so good for me on this one, oh well... there's always next update
    - Big Fish - Founder of Wagerz.org, CasinoOnline.us & SportsGambling.us

    1. https://wagerz.org: Discover the best legal US online gambling sites for real money play. Wagerz is a United States online casinos and sports betting guide.

    2. https://sportsgambling.us: Find USA sports betting websites that are legal and licensed in the United States of America.

    3. https://casinoonline.us: Compare the top USA online casinos with fact-checked reviews of legal casino sites for American players.

  9. #8
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Seems very fluid at the moment, I’m seeing 2-position swings on key terms during the course of the day today on stuff I monitor.

  10. #9
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    I'm not seeing a great deal of change here, what do you think of the new search result layout? I think I preferred the old style.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to casinoportal For This Useful Post:

    MJM (17 January 2020)

  12. #10
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Didn't know there had been an update.
    I note the 14th was at the upper end of the range for normality and the 15th showed a marked boost from the last quarter's average.
    I went back and checked the GA stats and it appears that our traffic the last couple days (and today is looking great also) has jumped significantly. Nearly a double!

    With that said, we had taken a giant kick in the balls on the last couple updates, so this is perhaps a return to our former glory?
    Crossing my fingers for good luck!


    *
    Based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing it was related to a reevaluation of some of the links because pages without links aren't seeing that much change, but those with links certainly have moved.

  13. #11
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoportal View Post
    I'm not seeing a great deal of change here, what do you think of the new search result layout? I think I preferred the old style.
    I agree, preferred the old style too - saying that I’ve seen a mix of both today so I wonder if it’s still being trialled?

  14. #12
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    I agree, preferred the old style too - saying that I’ve seen a mix of both today so I wonder if it’s still being trialled?
    It depends on what data center you hit, the core update appears to still be rolling out across them.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to casinoportal For This Useful Post:

    golfbettingsystem (16 January 2020)

  16. #13
    PromoteCasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    1,069
    Thanked 489 Times in 333 Posts

    Default

    I preferred the old layout for some reason the new one is hard to read. Maybe it's just my eyes getting older.

    As for the rollout I wondered why the rankings went missing but they seem to be back now with a tiny boost.
    BettingOffers.bet - Latest offers and bonuses from reputable UK bookmakers. A New project underway but a long way to go Bookie Rewards

  17. #14
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGamer View Post
    Anyone seen any good indicators? It just hitted Norway in a big way. Seems a few sites that took a hit on the last one got some boost.
    Actually seeing some of the media sites we compete against drop away a little these last few days - hopefully that sticks, always thought they were over-compensated simply as they were media brands.

  18. #15
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Think it's still rolling out - semrush/sensor still volatile and my traffic this morning is very erratic.

  19. #16
    spelcash is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2019
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I took a hit on this one. For the first time ever during and major update. Really curios about what is dragging me down. Awaiting for updates and discussions here.

  20. #17
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    966
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 308 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    For now - a lot of keywords got boost, but I think update is still rolling out.

  21. #18
    minimumdepositcasino is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2020
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Google Reducing Snippets for Results

    It's been a week since the January Core Update. And, Google seems to have further dropped featured snippets, probably in order to squeeze more space for paid ads.

    Has anybody noticed the same with, keywords that they used to have the featured snippets for?

  22. #19
    rafraf is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Not much difference for me in Europe, SA - slight reduced traffic
    Play different Worldwide Lotteries online. Visit Wyniki Lotto NET to read latest lottery news from Poland. Maybe you are interested in Philippines Lotto (PCSO).

  23. #20
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Suggestion here was that this one was mainly around thin content and YMYL sites: https://searchengineland.com/the-lat...-update-327683

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (23 January 2020), PROFRBcom (22 January 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •