MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Google News Approval For Our Industry?

Wondering how everyone is getting along with google news these days, years ago I gave up on trying to get into Google news but I have google alerts setup for one of my websites just to monitor mentions and I keep getting alerts from a newish website that posts pretty thin posts and is one letter off of my domain name, and they are included so it makes me think we should possibly try for it.

Have the requirements loosened? I know it's not the huge traffic source it used to be since the "in the news" box is less prevalent, but I'm still curious if anyone has any recent experience with being approved (or not) and thoughts related to that.

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,828 Posts

Google has been clamping down more on users with their tougher rules. There's more competition in the internet now, as well as our industry.

PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,195 Times in 774 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    Google has been clamping down more on users with their tougher rules. There's more competition in the internet now, as well as our industry.
    Do you have anything specific to add about the OP's question regarding Google News? Or just a couple generalities that everyone is aware of already?

What is your specific information that you would like to share about Google News?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

MJM (5 December 2018), yeahfree (20 December 2018)

MJM
    Thanks

Bump - anyone have any info on this? Feel free to PM.

FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 652 Posts

I've had a couple of sites used as Google News sources for several years, in the past. I spent a lot of that time trying, and failing, to convert that news traffic very well - despite it being seemingly well targeted. I could generate as much traffic as I wanted, but I just couldn't get it to monetise.

When I stopped being a Google News source (their decision) a few years back, I didn't appeal. It was more of a relief than anything, to be honest.

JoeHarris is offline Banned
    Thanks

Heard that google were tightening up on these things

MJM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Heard that google were tightening up on these things
    i thought so too but this is a five page site, launched in October. They do publish several posts a day that are decent quality and read well but are also only 300 words long, and they only have one author profile - which is also a bit weak on details and no contact details for the author either.

Seemingly no reason this should be in g news but it is run by one of the big media companies out there, who obviously know a thing or two about what they are doing.

i don’t want to put the site publicly as that probably isn’t fair but if anyone knows a bit about this and wants to pm me I’d share there.

All I can think of here is google has actually made it a lot easier to get in, or this group is exploiting some type of trick but it makes me want to give it a go perhaps......although I’ll get very frustrated if denied as we slaughter this site in quality.