Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default sitemap standard

    I have been reading through the webmaster forums at Bing a bit.

    It seems a few have had trouble getting their sitemaps indexed properly and at least one response had in a thread had been to change the urlset declaration.

    I actually just went back to find it again and couldn't, but will post here again if I do.

    Most third party tools that I have looked at list an urlset and schema location at google, however it appears that listing the one at sitemaps.org may be better.

    The sitemaps.org site (is from what I have read so far) is a colaboration of sorts from the Big 3.

    I am wondering if anyone here has made these changes recently or not.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    OK, my query is a bit of a moot point since a rep has replied that the google standard map is also ok.

    Rick
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. #3
    bbonline's Avatar
    bbonline is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    339
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    I think theres something wrong or you need to customize your sitemap into a simple yet organize settings. Google wants a page with clean navigation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •