Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1. #1
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default Panda Algo Rollout

    I was reading a blog today and there was a lot of talk about a algo update that is possibly going on. I have not seen any changes myself but I noticed that the MOZ cast was very high a few days ago.

    In the post which I will paste below, The Author talks about a softer panda update. A while ago I believe Google said that there will be no more confirmations regarding panda update, it will be a constant rollout. Regardless there is a lot of talk about it and perhaps it is a new alos such as payday or spam. Hope you enjoy

    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-p...ate-17094.html

    Source: SEO Roundtable
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarf76 For This Useful Post:

    HBKKH (19 July 2013), sweetbet (19 July 2013)

  3. #2
    HBKKH is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 62 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info

  4. #3
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I jumped up 12 spots from last week for one of my targeted KY's. It has been jumping up a ton over the last month. It is hard for me to say it was the update because I have an active SEO campaign going on as well. Regardless, Google must be happy with the page, so either way I am happy.

  5. #4
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Some of my sites have been bouncing like a rubber ball in the serps.

  6. #5
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Haven't felt any difference to be honest. How much of a rank change there has to be for to be considered panda movement? I usually see movement 1-4 ranks up and down each week.

  7. #6
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    I've seen some minor changes in the SERPS I monitor - nothing earth shattering. The one observation that I can make is that some sites that I'd dub having relatively weak content have either surfaced or resurfaced, which suggests to me that this update has lowered Google's "standards" on what they deem quality content/user experience.

    My opinion is that they should not have relaxed their standards, but I suspect that these sites that have popped up will go right back down on the next Penguin run.

  8. #7
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    Haven't felt any difference to be honest. How much of a rank change there has to be for to be considered panda movement? I usually see movement 1-4 ranks up and down each week.
    I have not seen much change either but my focus is on content not on link building. I got this chart by email this morning that shows the fluctuations people are seeing

    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-p...aph-17101.html

    Source: SEO Roundtable
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  9. #8
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    I usually see movement 1-4 ranks up and down each week.
    I see the same.

  10. #9
    Sergej_AGR is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Location
    Ruhrpott - Germany
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 85 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edgarf76 View Post
    I have not seen much change either but my focus is on content not on link building. I got this chart by email this morning that shows the fluctuations people are seeing

    http://www.seroundtable.com/google-p...aph-17101.html

    Source: SEO Roundtable
    I also noticed huge changes like this...

    Name:  aaaa.png
Views: 450
Size:  3.5 KB

    Name:  aaaa2.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  8.1 KB

  11. #10
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergej_AGR View Post
    I also noticed huge changes like this...

    Name:  aaaa.png
Views: 450
Size:  3.5 KB

    Name:  aaaa2.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  8.1 KB

    That is awesome Good Stuff!
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  12. #11
    cass's Avatar
    cass is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 204 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    I don't think Google got this Panda update entirely right.

    Let's take a stupid example. If you type in Quasar Gaming Casino review you'll note that some of the sites on the first and second pages for this casino review are utter nonsense. When you click on some of them it says: ''Page not found''.

    I'm beginning to doubt if G really values sites with quality content. It seems its algo has the complete opposite effect.

  13. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the laugh Cass, the grammar that some people use is pretty horrid at times huh?

    A few of the pages I looked at were clearly spun articles (likely stolen elsewhere)....

    Maybe this will clear up in a few days...

    Rick
    Universal4

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    cass (23 July 2013), dfiocch (21 July 2013)

  15. #13
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

    Default

    I'm noticing a lot of shuffle on a good amount of keywords, just right now...
    Update is not complete.

  16. #14
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    I have seen some movement as well. Nothing to drastic but for the most part has been positive.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  17. #15
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Definitely seen some stuff move around, but nothing too major.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  18. #16
    AceOdds is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Not noticed too much change myself on the keywords I track.
    https://www.signupbonuses.co.uk: New customer bonuses for casino, poker, sport and bingo sites.
    https://www.aceodds.com: Bet calculator for working out accumulator winnings, lucky 15 bets and more. Also try the android app.

  19. #17
    lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 571 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    The biggest change I see is all the mobile and "Organic" SERP listings for Google.Play and iTunes.

    Looks like google has decided to move into the so called "Organic" SERP in force...
    They are cutting the throats of sites like mine and yours for key words like [blackjack app]

    Just take a look at the Google SERP for that query [blackjack app]... this is the future of google searches.
    Looks to me like the google "organic SERP" is a thing of the past.

    My site had a page that was on page one for that query for over 2 years...then google figured out it is a BIG money keyword set and it was growing in popularity... and you can see the results for yourself.
    Last edited by lots0; 22 July 2013 at 11:56 am.

  20. #18
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Whoa.......thanks for that Brad, that search is a perfect example of Google ignoring it's roots.....

    Hello Bing and other engines......

    Rick
    Universal4

  21. #19
    lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2003
    Posts
    886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 571 Times in 251 Posts

    Default

    This is not new or a part of the current Panda roll out.
    That query [blackjack app] has been like that for over 3 months now, unchanging during the last two Panda roll-outs.

    Obviously, Google has decided that for most big money keywords... that they, google, can provide a "better search experience" for the buyer than the websites they list. Of course, the fact google is NOW making the sales instead of the small independent websites that were making the sales just a few months ago, tells you the whole story sad story.

    No help in sight for the small Webmaster.
    Google has bought off the US regulators... They are untouchable inside the US.
    So any hope of fairness from google toward webmasters that don't pay them... is a fantasy.


    BYT - It is NOT just the query [blackjack app]... It is ANY query that has the keyword "app" in the string.
    Just check out [poker app] or [poker game app] or [craps game app], [BINGO APP], [slots app], [slot game app] etc...
    Last edited by lots0; 23 July 2013 at 11:38 am.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to lots0 For This Useful Post:

    dfiocch (23 July 2013)

  23. #20
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    This is a follow up article from the update last week. http://www.seroundtable.com/google-p...oll-17108.html
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •