-
20 April 2026, 10:18 am
#1
GOSUBETTING – Bitcoin Betting (Reset, Content Base, Opportunity)
Hey everyone,
I wanted to put this out here to gauge interest and get some feedback from people who understand the space.
Some of you might know me from here – I was running BTCGOSU (crypto casino affiliate), which I sold a while ago.
GOSUBETTING was started about a year before that sale, with the intention of focusing specifically on crypto sports betting.
A kind of sister project, built on a similar foundation, but from a different angle.
Background
At its peak, GOSUBETTING included:
- Several thousand pages/posts
- Coverage across:
- Bitcoin & crypto sportsbooks
- bonus pages
- country pages
- soccer teams, players & league-related content
- broader crypto betting topics
Several well-known people from this forum were involved in both BTCGOSU and GOSUBETTING:
- chaumi (Steve) – structure, SEO, overall setup
- topboss (Heather), Neha, Karri, etc. – content
So this wasn’t a small side project, but something that had real time, effort and capital behind it over an extended period.
Investment & reality
A significant amount of money went into building the site, including:
- development
- content production
- management / coordination
That said – and I want to be transparent here:
While the site did gain traction and organic visibility, it never fully reached its realistic potential.
We were aware that the next step would require:
- tightening the structure
- improving topical relevance
- and a more focused push
However, BTCGOSU remained the primary focus at the time and ultimately contributed heavily to its exit, so GOSUBETTING was intentionally not pushed “all in”.
Strategic shift & reset
After the sale of BTCGOSU, I reassessed whether I wanted to continue in the affiliate / gambling space at all – and ultimately leaned towards not continuing.
Instead of scaling something I wasn’t fully committed to, I made the decision to reset the project completely:
- move away from mass content / longtail-heavy SEO
- narrow the focus strictly to Bitcoin sports betting
- rebuild everything from a much cleaner, more focused base
The reset
This was not a minor cleanup – it was a hard reset:
- Thousands of pages were removed from the live site
- The structure was rebuilt from scratch
- The design and positioning were fully changed
As expected, this resulted in:
- Organic traffic dropping to near zero
- Search visibility collapsing
- Google effectively re-evaluating the domain
This was a conscious trade-off, not something that “just happened”.
Important: nothing is lost
The original content has NOT been deleted.
- All legacy content is still present in WordPress (currently in trash, not removed)
- The full previous structure can be restored (partially or fully)
- The old theme and customizations are also still available
So while the live site is now much smaller and focused, the entire content base still exists in the backend.
Current situation
Right now, the project is:
- a reset domain with history
- a new, clean structure and positioning
- plus a large recoverable content base
It’s obviously not a traffic or revenue asset in its current form, but something that could be:
- rebuilt
- partially restored
- or further developed from the new focused setup
Why I’m posting
At this point, I’ve made the decision that I won’t be continuing in this niche.
I’m moving on to other areas and don’t plan to rebuild this myself.
So I’d rather:
- pass it on to someone who sees value in it
- or someone who wants to rebuild / reposition it
Who this might be interesting for
Likely relevant for:
- SEO-focused affiliates
- people already active in iGaming / crypto betting
- anyone who understands how to work with:
- domains with history
- large content bases
- and rebuilding authority
Open to feedback / interest
At this stage, I’m mainly testing the waters and curious if this is of interest to anyone here.
If so, feel free to reach out — happy to share more details (traffic history, structure, etc.) via DM.
Cheers.
-
-
A few additional clarifications since several people reached out via DM already:
One important thing I probably didn’t emphasize enough in the original post:
The old GOSUBETTING setup/content is NOT gone.
What currently sits live on the domain is basically the result of my “hard reset” after deciding I no longer wanted to continue in the iGaming/affiliate space after the BTCGOSU sale.
Before that reset, the site had:
- several thousand pages/posts
- a much larger structure
- community/challenge functionality
- custom theme development
- GEO pages
- sportsbook reviews
- bonus pages
- supporting betting/crypto content
- etc.
The important part:
Most of that still exists in the backend and can be restored/reworked.
So this is NOT a case of:
“expired domain with nothing behind it”.
It’s more:
- a reset/repositioned project
- with a large recoverable content base
- existing history/backlinks
- archived old versions
- historical GSC data
- and surprisingly still some residual activity/signups, ftds despite the reset.
For anyone curious what the previous versions/site structure looked like before the reset, archive snapshots are also available via archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/gosubetting.com
The project also had a fairly well-known Bitcointalk presence at one point, including a dedicated GOSUBETTING thread and recurring tipster challenge/community activity around it, so there was some actual brand/community recognition beyond just SEO traffic.
A few people also asked whether the old site was “serious” or more of a quick affiliate churn project:
Definitely not.
A very significant amount of money/time went into:
- development
- SEO
- management
- content production
- links/PR
- and custom functionality.
Several known GPWA members contributed to the project over time as well.
Just wanted to clarify that because the current live version obviously no longer reflects what the project used to be before I nuked most of it.
-
-
10 June 2026, 10:23 am
#3
-
-
Letting this go for ~15k - that`s a steal really as it`s the site`s budget that I have had on a monthly basis for a long time
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules