-
3 August 2015, 3:44 am
#1
Guardian Article - Bookmakers Closing Accounts
http://www.theguardian.com/global/20...ccounts-closed
Nothing new of course, interesting that it's named and shamed a couple of bookies in the national press though.
-
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:
edgarf76 (3 August 2015), sinceawin (4 August 2015), sweetbet (3 August 2015), TheGooner (3 August 2015), Vrindavan (5 August 2015)
-
3 August 2015, 2:51 pm
#2
Yes nothing new. I had my betvictor closed too, also boylesports limited my sports bets to nothing, other "top" bookies limit the bets i try to get on to peanuts. It is kind of depressing because I know this is how abysmally my referred clients are being treated. They arent even given the chance to go on a losing run because firms are so quick to limit all but the smallest of punters. You don't need to be a winner to have these problems. I couldn't boast the level of winners the writer of that article had. Just bet in stakes a bit bigger than average.
-
The Following User Says Thank You to justbookies For This Useful Post:
-
3 August 2015, 3:17 pm
#3
This sort of articles are great. Just national media coverage make people realize who are the cheaters in this business.
-
-
3 August 2015, 7:03 pm
#4
I'm very happy to see their rogue behavior exposed in the national media.
-
-
4 August 2015, 1:41 am
#5
it aint rogue behaviour, it's a business. people always have the chance to use exchanges instead if they think they'll get shut
-
-
4 August 2015, 1:49 am
#6
They've singled out a couple here but I've heard stories from punters about tiny limits from just about every bookie out there to be fair. Thing that gets me is that it doesn't seem consistent - I've personally been limited on a few accounts over the years but a couple of my more successful accounts have never, ever had an issue yet some punters I know simply cannot get a bet on with these same bookies.
I wonder if the affiliate itself that refers a new customer can have an impact on the punter's future experience. I'm guessing the risk software considers a multitude of factors and if an affiliate has referred a high proportion of winning punters/arbs over the years perhaps every subsequent punter who registers via that affiliate already carries a black mark before they even start?
-
-
4 August 2015, 7:42 am
#7
Always good to have the bad ones named and shamed makes it easier to stick to the guys who are aboveboard
-
-
More content on the subject from The Guardian yesterday: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...tting-accounts
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules