View Poll Results: Have you ever taken a vacation on a cruise ship?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, and I have no interest in doing so.

    2 16.67%
  • No, but I would like to.

    4 33.33%
  • Yes, once.

    3 25.00%
  • Yes, twice.

    0 0%
  • Yes, three times.

    0 0%
  • Yes, four or five times.

    2 16.67%
  • Yes, six or seven times.

    0 0%
  • Yes, eight or nine times.

    0 0%
  • Yes, ten or more times.

    1 8.33%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,041 Posts

    Question Have you ever taken a vacation on a cruise ship?

    The pandemic shut down vacation travel for quite a while, and especially shut down cruise ship excursions. But travel is now rebounding and vacations on cruise ships are popular once again.

    Personally, I have to admit having cruises on my mind because I threw caution to the wind and went on a family reunion cruise a couple weeks ago. We traveled from Seattle, up the inside passage off the coast of Canada, to Anchorage, Alaska and back again. Afterwards, I developed cold-like symptoms, but have concluded I really did just have a cold after a few negative COVID tests the following week.

    So, for this week’s poll I ask if you have, or ever would, go on a cruise. Besides voting in the poll, be sure to share your thoughts on cruises, and where you have gone if you have been on any.

    Oh, and since this is a gambling industry forum, please also share your thoughts on gambling on cruise ships. Personally, I’ve never gambled on a cruise ship.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. #2
    BCGame Affiliates's Avatar
    BCGame Affiliates is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 65 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    I have never been but I would love to!
    Kind Regards,
    Kaleb

    https://bc.game/
    Email: kaleb@bcgame.com
    Skype ID: live:.cid.75f39c9d6d4373ab

  3. #3
    Dsquared's Avatar
    Dsquared is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    172
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 47 Times in 46 Posts

    Default

    No it's never appealed to me, having said that an idea at a family bbq came up recently about a big family holiday on a cruise (because my parents enjoy them) so I wouldn't rule it out in that sense.

  4. #4
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I like a good cruise. Nice to only unpack once but wake up in different places every day.

  5. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    a good cruise.
    That sounds like a but of an oxymoron to me
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  6. #6
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I think I'm probably going to be in the minority here, but I'm personally not a fan.

    I've done a cruise up the Nile which was just about bearable because of the places you got to see, but I got real bored of eating at the same restaurant on the ship every night.

    We also did a night on a boat in Halong Bay in Vietnam which insisted on pairing us up with another couple for dinner and they were the most tedious people we've ever met (although perhaps they said the same thing about us!).
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Dsquared (30 June 2022), TheGooner (30 June 2022)

  8. #7
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    We also did a night on a boat in Halong Bay in Vietnam which insisted on pairing us up with another couple for dinner and they were the most tedious people we've ever met (although perhaps they said the same thing about us!).
    Hey, that other couple was me and my wife (jk)

  9. #8
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    Hey, that other couple was me and my wife (jk)
    One thing I would never call your wife is tedious. If fact, the antithesis is probably more appropriate!
    Last edited by baldidiot; 30 June 2022 at 2:55 pm.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  10. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    I've done a cruise up the Nile which was just about bearable because of the places you got to see
    Yup - same here. Enjoyed the land stops but the boat was ... ... ...

    I've also done a couple of overnight ferry trips with a cabin while seeing several Greek islands, and a 3 hour trip around Milford Sound (fjords and hills). All of the boat trips suffered from "ho-hum" pretty quickly while on the boat.

    Now I understand that these were not fully fledged US style cruises, with all the "events" and "entertainment" that seem to go on (I'm using the "Love Boat" TV Series as my only guide here) ... but frankly sitting baking in the sun, or sitting in a buffet lounge, or playing shuffle board, or dining with the captain, are not really my idea of a good holiday.

    So - no I've never been on a cruise - the time on the boat would be a personal version of hell.

  11. #10
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Maybe when I'm older but it doesn't really interest me. I've thought about going on a poker cruise, though.

  12. #11
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Now I understand that these were not fully fledged US style cruises, with all the "events" and "entertainment" that seem to go on (I'm using the "Love Boat" TV Series as my only guide here) ...
    That sounds even worse to me!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  13. #12
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    That sounds even worse to me!
    Tbf every time I have been near a boat with you you turn into the most miserable person in the world so I think you should avoid cruising for the benefit of yourself and other passengers

  14. #13
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 746 Posts

    Default

    I have been on a large cruise ship once in the Caribbean and really don't think I would do that again. Personally did not really enjoy.

    I also was on a 2-night cruise though Halong Bay on a smaller boat which I thoroughly enjoyed.

    Not much of gambler but think I would enjoy other activities on a ship more than a casino onboard.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  15. #14
    greejack17 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2022
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    San Diego to Hawaii and back. Loved it - especially 4 days at sea with no stops, each way. I'm almost afraid to go on another cruise - afraid I won't like it as much and it will ruin the whole thing. Like the second time on a rollercoaster is never as WOW as the first time.

  16. #15
    jbo_online is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2022
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I went with NCL on the Mediterranean and it was AMAZING.

    Super-super recommended. I’m looking forward already for the next one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •