Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Hello again...

  1. #1
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default Hello again...

    Morning all. I thought I'd get back in touch, now that I'm able to and reintroduce myself.

    You may know that I was part of a previously very good and reputable program that I ran for over 8 years and that I put my notice in a left a few weeks back. I am sure that many of you will have some questions for me on that and I will have to be careful how I answer such questions in a public forum, however I am happy to deal with such questions as I am aware some affiliates feel that I have let them down. I hope to change those thoughts.

    I want you to know and understand that my reasons for leaving were based solely on the revelations that affiliates and I discovered in February and I tried my best in the time I had, to try reduce any damage caused and fight the affiliates corner. It was however out of my hands and it's been well documented across the many forums what went down.

    Going Forward...

    What the future holds is, I hope very exciting. I have found myself in a new position with a new company and I will hopefully be speaking with you all over time to introduce it properly. It's a start up and we're a small but experience team in running an honest and transparent affiliate program and casinos. I am more than aware that it's going to be hard to re-enter such a competitive market but I am confident that we can build up from solid foundations a quality affiliate program offering the same values I always operated with.

    The team and I will be working hard over the coming years to make the program a success and I hope that if there are any affiliates out there that do have any concerns that you can approach me directly to discuss.

    I hope that we can all work towards a better future and share the money that is available to be made online in an honest and transparent way. I look froward to getting back to work properly once again and doing what i love to do.

    I'm available again on Skype should you wish to make contact, if you don't have my Skype please get in touch and I'll happily provide it.

    Chat soon.

  2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (23 May 2017), 555 (24 May 2017), Anthony (23 May 2017), BestNewBingoSites (24 May 2017), bonustreak (8 June 2017), Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Casino Extreme (23 May 2017), DaftDog (24 May 2017), dfiocch (23 May 2017), ElaineGardiner (23 May 2017), FictionNet (23 May 2017), HodgeyBoy (25 May 2017), jono78 (23 May 2017), Miles_Videoslots (25 May 2017), nwalker (23 May 2017), Renee (24 May 2017), sweetbet (23 May 2017), TheBoyMitchell (23 May 2017), titus (23 May 2017), Topboss (23 May 2017), universal4 (23 May 2017), Webzcas (24 May 2017)

  3. #2
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 654 Posts

    Default

    Keep us posted. Looking forward to your return.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FictionNet For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (23 May 2017), Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Martyn (23 May 2017)

  5. #3
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Thanks dude, won't be long...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017)

  7. #4
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back!

    Intrigued to hear about this new casino. US facing or is it licensed in the motherland?
    Last edited by baldidiot; 23 May 2017 at 8:04 am.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Martyn (23 May 2017)

  9. #5
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Welcome back!

    Intrigued to hear about this new casino. US facing again or is it licensed in the motherland?
    Details on the rest of it will follow, I thought it would be best to open up with this to start.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017)

  11. #6
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Details on the rest of it will follow, I thought it would be best to open up with this to start.
    But you must know we're nosey buggers!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Martyn (23 May 2017), Topboss (26 May 2017)

  13. #7
    hublot's Avatar
    hublot is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 100 Times in 67 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Morning all. I thought I'd get back in touch, now that I'm able to and reintroduce myself.

    You may know that I was part of a previously very good and reputable program that I ran for over 8 years and that I put my notice in a left a few weeks back. I am sure that many of you will have some questions for me on that and I will have to be careful how I answer such questions in a public forum, however I am happy to deal with such questions as I am aware some affiliates feel that I have let them down. I hope to change those thoughts.

    I want you to know and understand that my reasons for leaving were based solely on the revelations that affiliates and I discovered in February and I tried my best in the time I had, to try reduce any damage caused and fight the affiliates corner. It was however out of my hands and it's been well documented across the many forums what went down.

    Going Forward...

    What the future holds is, I hope very exciting. I have found myself in a new position with a new company and I will hopefully be speaking with you all over time to introduce it properly. It's a start up and we're a small but experience team in running an honest and transparent affiliate program and casinos. I am more than aware that it's going to be hard to re-enter such a competitive market but I am confident that we can build up from solid foundations a quality affiliate program offering the same values I always operated with.

    The team and I will be working hard over the coming years to make the program a success and I hope that if there are any affiliates out there that do have any concerns that you can approach me directly to discuss.

    I hope that we can all work towards a better future and share the money that is available to be made online in an honest and transparent way. I look froward to getting back to work properly once again and doing what i love to do.

    I'm available again on Skype should you wish to make contact, if you don't have my Skype please get in touch and I'll happily provide it.

    Chat soon.
    In the spirit of full transparency, do you have any equity or ownership stake in the new company?

  14. #8
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hublot View Post
    In the spirit of full transparency, do you have any equity or ownership stake in the new company?
    No, I'm just an employee. I didn't have any stake in the old one either.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017)

  16. #9
    MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    743
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 431 Times in 253 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back. I wish you great success with the new brand, hopefully it's a great opportunity to make a statement on how things should be done.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MJM For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Martyn (23 May 2017)

  18. #10
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    I/we intend on making that statement, no funny business. We'll let the business do the talking and the results...well hopefully you guys will decide that. Our values, intentions and morals are all in the right place and time will prove that.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (24 May 2017), Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Webzcas (24 May 2017)

  20. #11
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 567 Times in 350 Posts

    Default

    Holding popcorn...

  21. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    27,244
    Thanks
    1,976
    Thanked 7,757 Times in 4,889 Posts

    Default

    Martyn,

    Thanks for following up, and I think with the previous issues the worst thing about the mess was how much it hurt you personally and I am sure now you may have to re-prove yourself with some, but I am hoping many of us know and understand there were a number of things that were outside of your control and I am CERTAINLY ready to give you the benefit of the doubt and I hope that many others will as well, or at least give you the chance to prove yourself as I am confident you can and will.

    Rick
    Universal4

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), HodgeyBoy (25 May 2017), Martyn (12 September 2018), Topboss (26 May 2017)

  23. #13
    BBCasinos's Avatar
    BBCasinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 308 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Good Luck with the New job mate.
    "For Sluts you go to Pornhub, for Slots you come to us"

    Dave Sneekes
    Wanna do business? Skype me: LSDave19

    BestBettingCasinos | Top 10 online casinos | 10 Free bonuses | 50 Free Spins

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBCasinos For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), Martyn (12 September 2018)

  25. #14
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dfiocch View Post
    Holding popcorn...
    Are you still on that diet?

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (23 May 2017), dfiocch (23 May 2017)

  27. #15
    Martyn is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 186 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBCasinos View Post
    Good Luck with the New job mate.
    Appreciate that, thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Martyn,

    Thanks for following up, and I think with the previous issues the worst thing about the mess was how much it hurt you personally and I am sure now you may have to re-prove yourself with some, but I am hoping many of us know and understand there were a number of things that were outside of your control and I am CERTAINLY ready to give you the benefit of the doubt and I hope that many others will as well, or at least give you the chance to prove yourself as I am confident you can and will.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Thanks Rick. I am sure I will have a lot of work to do to regain the trust and I'm more than happy to do that. But from my personal view of it all, I did what I could at the time but it just got to a stage very quickly where I realised I had to take myself out of the equation.

    Once i have more to show I'll be back with the details so you guys can make your own minds up.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martyn For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (24 May 2017), Webzcas (24 May 2017)

  29. #16
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline Affiliate Services
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,025
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,018
    Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,738 Posts

    Default

    Martyn, you left for a bit...didn't notice. But, I was wondering why things were so pleasant around here....

    All kidding aside, you were missed. Welcome back!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    Martyn (24 May 2017), Renee (24 May 2017)

  31. #17
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,224
    Thanks
    1,931
    Thanked 4,170 Times in 1,982 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I am sure now you may have to re-prove yourself with some ...
    It's not really a question of "re-prove" - but the situation just showed how little any AM can do in a bad situation.

    Accordingly, what this showed was that even with a great AM up front, it is the credentials of the company that are of paramount importance to the longevity of the program and when that changes then it's like dealing with a new company.

    To me the situation did not tarnish Martyn's reputation specifically, but it reduced the standing of ALL AM's when evaluating a program.

    It's great to see Martyn back - but if he's fronting a "start-up" then it has all the risks inherent with a new company - no matter the quality of the AM.

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (24 May 2017), HodgeyBoy (25 May 2017), Martyn (24 May 2017), PromoteCasino (24 May 2017), universal4 (23 May 2017)

  33. #18
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,422
    Thanks
    283
    Thanked 940 Times in 587 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Progger For This Useful Post:

    Martyn (24 May 2017)

  35. #19
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,062
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,625
    Thanked 3,517 Times in 2,197 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    But you must know we're nosey buggers!
    Martyn has been sending me cryptic snap chats for weeks trying to tell us what he is doing, and we have been trying to guess. The best guess was that he had started manufacturing toilets because he sure spent a lot of time on them

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    But, I was wondering why things were so pleasant around here....
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    I have found myself in a new position with a new company and I will hopefully be speaking with you all over time to introduce it properly. It's a start up and we're a small but experience team in running an honest and transparent affiliate program and casinos.
    It was more fun when people thought you were coming to work for me.

    Seriously though, glad you're back. The banter isn't the same when you're not here.
    No doubt the new company will soar just like the last one did while you were at the helm.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    HodgeyBoy (25 May 2017), Martyn (24 May 2017), Topboss (26 May 2017)

  37. #20
    Carmel FairPlay is offline No Longer with Fairplay
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Welcome back

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmel FairPlay For This Useful Post:

    Martyn (24 May 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •