Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Connie B's Avatar
    Connie B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Canada
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 115 Times in 77 Posts

    Smile How Is Everyone Doing?

    Hello Everyone!

    How is everyone doing with all the new changes in the world?

    So far we continue to keep our distances, wear a mask on all public places and trying to keep things together (don't lose our minds )
    During the lockdown, I've been doing:

    - Karaoke
    - House Renovations (I've been painting)
    - Gardening
    - Working more...

    Cheers,

    Connie
    Connie Burstin
    The Affiliate Agency
    www.theaffiliateagency.co
    Telegram: @connieburstin | Skype: live:cburstin
    --

  2. #2
    Nenad is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    547
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 153 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    Same here, keeping distance, wearing face masks...

    But somehow I think nothing will be the same as before....

  3. #3
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,181
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default

    5th month I am locked in Europe and I have no way to return home. I finally gave up any hopes and just travelling blindly through Europe. Recently in Estonia (where I found out all bookies are blocked, the only ones working is proxy of 5dimes 5d.com and betsafe.ee). I made it here before they again closed borders, because it was obvious the second wave is coming.

    It is a relatively good country, because here are no people, which makes my mind calmer. I was spending before time in central and south Europe and the ignorance of people who think that the world will just go back after small hiccup was simply unbearable.

    All good, there is some light until midnight and then again from 2AM, I hope Finland will accept me. I am planning to rent a cabin at polar circle for a while, because when if not now...
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020), eaton2003 (3 August 2020), steriona (4 August 2020)

  5. #4
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 326 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Sherlock is the one of the few multi-millionaires who doesn't live in one place. A global wanderer. Free as a bird. No shackles.

  6. #5
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 469 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    all groovy.
    I just moved to Marbella from Barcelona, rented a sick house, bought a pool table and a ton of weed.
    they can lock me down here forever.
    #paradise

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ddm For This Useful Post:

    betfinder (29 July 2020), Connie B (29 July 2020), drifter8 (27 July 2020), Lee1 (26 July 2020), MMM (27 July 2020), Strider1973 (29 July 2020)

  8. #6
    fruitpunch is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Miss travelling but keeping myself busy with work from home.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitpunch For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020)

  10. #7
    drifter8's Avatar
    drifter8 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,187
    Thanked 561 Times in 432 Posts

    Default

    All is good by far, travelling only on my own country and going to our sea-side.

    I miss a lot the conferences and the real-time contact with different people

    I also think that even next year, there will be no conferences held. Second waive is coming in the Autumn.

    Either way - wearing masks and keepin distance is just a normal thing..
    Seven times fall, eight times stand.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to drifter8 For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020)

  12. #8
    MMM
    MMM is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,353
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 578 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I am planning to rent a cabin at polar circle for a while, because when if not now...
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  13. #9
    AllNetent's Avatar
    AllNetent is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Face masks, distance and a lot of work online, constantly wash my hands, even if I don't leave the house. I think that this way of life is for a long time...

  14. #10
    casinoFM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 63 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter8 View Post

    I miss a lot the conferences and the real-time contact with different people
    Same here. These virtual conferences suck. Seems like everyone (including me) is somehow attending, but not really engaged but working on the side. But even if you are chatting with other attendees most of them are not really valuable contacts...which happens at sigma or ice as well, but than at least you can have a beer.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to casinoFM For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (29 July 2020)

  16. #11
    Connie B's Avatar
    Connie B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Canada
    Posts
    500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 115 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Good Day!

    Happy to hear from all of you and read your stories during this pandemic.
    Love...
    Connie
    Connie Burstin
    The Affiliate Agency
    www.theaffiliateagency.co
    Telegram: @connieburstin | Skype: live:cburstin
    --

  17. #12
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,181
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    Sherlock is the one of the few multi-millionaires who doesn't live in one place. A global wanderer. Free as a bird. No shackles.
    Frankly I need to rest at my temporary home at least 30% of time. Right now I had to be building my new home. I am travelling a lot, but it is a hard job for me. I am trying to gather new information, but I am doing it, because I am simply looking for my new home and the home is about surrounding as well. I think I have the place, but now I can not travel there so I travel even more - what a fckin paradox. But after I find the place for home, I will travel much less and I will hopefully enjoy time with my family and animals.

    I really hate travelling. Every day checkout, check in. Madness when it is too much. I am also learning how to do it effectively. Even travelling and change needs paradoxically a routine (like one has the routine at home). So I am trying to bring order to chaos (now with daily walks and yoga it seems to be working).

    Btw I made it to Finland, I sneaked through 3 policemen at ferry with my car following the car behind me, so they were not able to read my licence plate (I had corona in January, so maybe I am immune and I spend 14 days in clean countries, but it would be hard to explain). I on purpose booked the last ferry, thinking that there will be a police, but they will be tired to deal with people who do not even have ferry back. What a stupid games we will have to play. But lesson taken - tho corona iron curtain is not 100% yet. But this is not what is a freedom haha. But I am forcing myself to take it from the brightest side possible. I am missing my cats very much.

    What surprises me here in Finland: they take corona seriously. They have almost no cases, but apart of facemasks, they really keep distances, they clean things etc (at least in Helsinki), no handshakes etc. What a difference to what I saw in the central and south Europe. No wonder there is second wave in the south.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    AussieDave (28 July 2020), Connie B (29 July 2020), drifter8 (29 July 2020), Malikbhai (28 July 2020), Renee (28 July 2020)

  19. #13
    AussieDave's Avatar
    AussieDave is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    from the land downunder
    Posts
    4,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,680
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    What surprises me here in Finland: they take corona seriously. They have almost no cases, but apart of facemasks, they really keep distances, they clean things etc (at least in Helsinki), no handshakes etc.

    What a difference to what I saw in the central and south Europe. No wonder there is second wave in the south.
    Your account of Central/South Europe sounds like it has the same attitude as in Victoria, which is now in the grips of a bad 2'nd wave. Multiple aged care facilities are in lock down, with the death toll rising. In addition to that catastrophe, people who were held in mandatory quarantine returning from OS, the Private Security Company hired to supervise those detainees, stuffed up BIG TIME...

    Long story short, certain security staff were having sex with some of the detainees, along with taking them shopping and what not. Because of this, outbreak clusters formed. Which has broken out into an all out 2'nd wave.

    Victoria (Melbourne) was in single digits. But now they're seeing record spikes of 450+ in positive tests per day. That, and the aged care facilities, is making this even worse over there. Seems Victoria maybe in lock down till at least December 2020.

    Laws now demand people wear masks when out in public. However, there are some people claiming that wearing a mask, goes against their 'human rights'. Hence they're not wearing masks. Even Amnesty International has stepped up to the plate, stating... laws forcing people to wear masks is NOT an invasion of "human rights".

    These NUT JOBS put everyone's health at risk. Now laws are in place to protect people from these nutters.

    ---------

    Here is South Australia, our borders are closed, manned 24/7 by either the army, police or both. We're pretty much in a bubble.

    The only covid-case we've had over the last month or so, was a return citizen from OS. At the time of returning a positive test, she was housed in a 14 day mandatory (supervised) quarantine facility. Once tested positive, there she stayed till cleared.

    Aside from that, a handful of foolish thrill seekers from Victoria, have tried to run the gauntlet. Although they all made it across the border, ALL were apprehended and subsequently jailed without bail, and had their day in court. Previously that carried a AU$1,600 fine. However, that ante has now be raised. Anyone breaking the border laws will receive a mandatory 2 years in jail.

    That seems to have stopped the thrill seekers.

    A couple of times I've had to ask people when I'm out shopping to move away with the words "hey, social distancing"... Though on a whole, 99.999% of people are doing the right thing.

    I've never washed my hands so much. They've become so dry, I've had to use moisturizer.

    It's winter here, so unless we have a sunny day (18C or so) I generally don't venture out. So life really hasn't changed that much.

    Happy to hear other people are OK in these trying times
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

    It's your right to be treated honestly: fairness for all igaming affiliates - doch.news

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020), drifter8 (29 July 2020), Renee (28 July 2020)

  21. #14
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,181
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default

    What I am trying to say is that people/politicians will have to work much more on some middle approach. Like here in Finland. I really like how people do not behave like pre-corona. So maybe this works. What happened in central Europe, what is happening in Latam and in Australia will not work. Strict lockdowns are maybe possible at incredible costs that will pay future generations, but it is just burning the money, because once those lockdowns are lifted, at least quite big enough minority, but rather a majority of people will start behaving like before. And the disease will always find the way.

    Also "smart quarantine" is just another buzzword everywhere. Like blockchain apps or virtual sports betting. It does not work even for 1percent. But it must start working or the weak die off.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  22. #15
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    Your account of Central/South Europe sounds like it has the same attitude as in Victoria, which is now in the grips of a bad 2'nd wave. Multiple aged care facilities are in lock down, with the death toll rising. In addition to that catastrophe, people who were held in mandatory quarantine returning from OS, the Private Security Company hired to supervise those detainees, stuffed up BIG TIME...

    Long story short, certain security staff were having sex with some of the detainees, along with taking them shopping and what not. Because of this, outbreak clusters formed. Which has broken out into an all out 2'nd wave.

    Victoria (Melbourne) was in single digits. But now they're seeing record spikes of 450+ in positive tests per day. That, and the aged care facilities, is making this even worse over there. Seems Victoria maybe in lock down till at least December 2020.

    Laws now demand people wear masks when out in public. However, there are some people claiming that wearing a mask, goes against their 'human rights'. Hence they're not wearing masks. Even Amnesty International has stepped up to the plate, stating... laws forcing people to wear masks is NOT an invasion of "human rights".

    These NUT JOBS put everyone's health at risk. Now laws are in place to protect people from these nutters.

    ---------

    Here is South Australia, our borders are closed, manned 24/7 by either the army, police or both. We're pretty much in a bubble.

    The only covid-case we've had over the last month or so, was a return citizen from OS. At the time of returning a positive test, she was housed in a 14 day mandatory (supervised) quarantine facility. Once tested positive, there she stayed till cleared.

    Aside from that, a handful of foolish thrill seekers from Victoria, have tried to run the gauntlet. Although they all made it across the border, ALL were apprehended and subsequently jailed without bail, and had their day in court. Previously that carried a AU$1,600 fine. However, that ante has now be raised. Anyone breaking the border laws will receive a mandatory 2 years in jail.

    That seems to have stopped the thrill seekers.

    A couple of times I've had to ask people when I'm out shopping to move away with the words "hey, social distancing"... Though on a whole, 99.999% of people are doing the right thing.

    I've never washed my hands so much. They've become so dry, I've had to use moisturizer.

    It's winter here, so unless we have a sunny day (18C or so) I generally don't venture out. So life really hasn't changed that much.

    Happy to hear other people are OK in these trying times
    I envy you guys over there Dave. We're having community transmission now because of some travellers from Victoria. I wish they had shut the border sooner. Life was starting to look like we might get some things back that were taken away from us. They say they have all the NSW clusters under containment now, but I have a feeling NSW is headed to a second lock down too and that makes me anxious AF.

    We had 5 active cases. 5.
    The security guards had 1 job. What kind of moron has sex with someone who is in quarantine coming from somewhere that they most likely have it. FFS.
    Now NSW has 188.

    The fact people in Vic are purposely going to places of business and recording themselves having it off with people about refusing to wear a mask kills my life. I just dont get it. I personally think that people don't know how to wear masks properly, and they can result in touching your face more or spreading if they are not put on or removed the right way, not washing hands before and after etc.. But even so, it wouldn't make me not wear one. If they told us that if we wore masks for 2 weeks it would be gone, you bet your ass I'd be wearing a mask!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    AussieDave (29 July 2020), Connie B (29 July 2020)

  24. #16
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,065
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,631
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 2,200 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    What I am trying to say is that people/politicians will have to work much more on some middle approach. Like here in Finland. I really like how people do not behave like pre-corona. So maybe this works. What happened in central Europe, what is happening in Latam and in Australia will not work. Strict lockdowns are maybe possible at incredible costs that will pay future generations, but it is just burning the money, because once those lockdowns are lifted, at least quite big enough minority, but rather a majority of people will start behaving like before. And the disease will always find the way.

    Also "smart quarantine" is just another buzzword everywhere. Like blockchain apps or virtual sports betting. It does not work even for 1percent. But it must start working or the weak die off.
    Our government announced a $100bn defecit last week. Considering we were almost in surplus before the bushfires, that is devastating. Many generations will be paying that debt off. It's a hard moral ground to decide what's more right - to save the future generations from hardship or to save the lives of the vulnerable who are *mostly* elderly (here in Australia at least). I'm glad I don't have to make those decisions. It can't be easy.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    AussieDave (29 July 2020), Connie B (29 July 2020)

  26. #17
    AussieDave's Avatar
    AussieDave is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Location
    from the land downunder
    Posts
    4,062
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,680
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I have a feeling NSW is headed to a second lock down too and that makes me anxious AF.
    You know I've got your back if needed. I'm only an email/PM away. 'Stay Frosty Oscar Mike', and be safe

    P.S. This Friday, will be 10 weeks without a cig, and I'm hardly vaping, now.
    Last edited by AussieDave; 29 July 2020 at 6:11 am. Reason: typo
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

    ---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

    It's your right to be treated honestly: fairness for all igaming affiliates - doch.news

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

    Renee (3 August 2020)

  28. #18
    AlexAmo is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Everything seems fine except salary. I hope this is a temporary measure.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexAmo For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020)

  30. #19
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,181
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 3,282 Times in 1,824 Posts

    Default

    I do not know where to put it, but what shocked me about Finland was that just the ferry from Estonia was like the famous boat Espoir - simply a floating casino. Even before departure gamblers were at slots playing. Today another shock - right by the cashier of Lidl supermarket, slots again. And people gambling at 3 PM.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020)

  32. #20
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1,365
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 547 Times in 371 Posts

    Default

    Doing great here. Keeping the distance but enjoying many great local trips. Recently rented a houseboat in the 1000 Islands, Canada, great time. Soon another!

    House and cupboards couldn't be cleaner, house smells like a hospital! Minor renovation finally done after finding someone who will work after shutdown.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

    Connie B (29 July 2020)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •