Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default How To Know When Affiliate Program Is Not Working

    Im fairly new in the business of affiliate gambling. I mean I have been working and building affiliate related websites for years, but this is my 1st try at going solo.

    Anywoo, I've managed to build up a solid reputation and get about 70k visitors per month. My main focus point is betting tips & previews.

    Now my question is this:

    When looking at the main affiliate program I am running (I assume I may name them...?) Sportingbet have a look at the stats for the past 2-weeks below:



    Are these kinds of statistics normal, having only a 1 signup out of almost a 100 click throughs?

    I.E a 1% registration to click through rate...doesn't really make sense to me, why click through if you are not going to register....was more expecting like 15% registration...or are my expectations unrealistic?

    The way I see it I can get them to Sportingbet but sportingbet needs to reel them in...so the problem must be with the affiliate & not with me right...

  2. #2
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 556 Times in 328 Posts

    Default

    Well how do these stats compare with your other programs? Are you generally getting nearer 15% from other programs, if so it sounds like I could be partly to do with sportingbet. What landing page are you using?

    Then again sportingbet are s**t so that could be a factor.

  3. #3
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    Well how do these stats compare with your other programs? Are you generally getting nearer 15% from other programs, if so it sounds like I could be partly to do with sportingbet. What landing page are you using?

    Then again sportingbet are s**t so that could be a factor.
    The landing page is actually very good in my opinion.
    At the moment I'm only really pushing 1 affiliate which is sportingbet. I have a few more but not really promoting them to much so can't make a fair comparison.

    Thus I'm not sure if I should drop sportingbet and push someone else like BetVictor, or Noxwin which is new and actually paid me to display their banner on my site...but not sure about their brands reputation...

    The only reason why im sticking with Sportingbet is they have the best reputation in the country I am targeting. I figured brand familiarity will lead to more signups but looks like that is not the case...

    Would really like to know what someone experienced thinks about these stats, and if it is "normal" to have a very low click through to registration percentage?

  4. #4
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    For tips... yeah. Click to sign up is going to be relatively low.

    But at the end of the day depends on your traffic. Try switching with another brand and seeing how that compares.

    What's the site/target market? May help you get more specific advice.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  5. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Also 90 clicks in 2 weeks on a 70k vistor/month site is pretty low in itself. How are you incorporating the links? That's something you may want to address.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  6. #6
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Also 90 clicks in 2 weeks on a 70k vistor/month site is pretty low in itself. How are you incorporating the links? That's something you may want to address.
    Hey Baldidiot (brilliat username) thanks for your reply.
    I am not to aggressive, with my marketing, im first building a relationship with my users and then slowly pushing my signup links.

    My market is only targeted on Rugby, during the week it is all news and opinion pieces and then weekends I write up my previews and predictions, with a couple of links in the post, aswell as sending out my weekly newsletter (which is around 1200 users on mailing list)

    I Am in the NR 3slot for Keyword "sportingbet review" in country Im targeting so getting a fair amount of traffic from that aswell but not much conversion as you can see.

    If I may ask how is sportsbettingtips.org.uk doing?

  7. #7
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,388
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 981 Posts

    Default

    clicks to sign up on average for your type of site should be around 50-70 with lows of 20s for your best programs, for that time and testing will tell, like baldidiot said for sports it should be a much higher CTR that would be what i check first

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    timthetanker (24 November 2016)

  9. #8
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    clicks to sign up on average for your type of site should be around 50-70 with lows of 20s for your best programs, for that time and testing will tell, like baldidiot said for sports it should be a much higher CTR that would be what i check first
    Ok so I reckon it is fair to say the problem might be with the affiliate then.

    Here is an example of what I am doing:

    http://www.thesportfreak.com/tips-pr...tting-preview/

  10. #9
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 556 Times in 328 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timthetanker View Post
    The landing page is actually very good in my opinion.
    At the moment I'm only really pushing 1 affiliate which is sportingbet. I have a few more but not really promoting them to much so can't make a fair comparison.

    Thus I'm not sure if I should drop sportingbet and push someone else like BetVictor, or Noxwin which is new and actually paid me to display their banner on my site...but not sure about their brands reputation...

    The only reason why im sticking with Sportingbet is they have the best reputation in the country I am targeting. I figured brand familiarity will lead to more signups but looks like that is not the case...

    Would really like to know what someone experienced thinks about these stats, and if it is "normal" to have a very low click through to registration percentage?
    You would be much better off with another brand, although that's just my opinion.

    If sportingbet have the best reputation in the country you are targeting then it is likely they are already overexposed and so a lot of your traffic will already have accounts. Better to go for a brand with lower exposure in your market as the new customer base will be higher.

  11. #10
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timthetanker View Post
    My market is only targeted on Rugby, during the week it is all news and opinion pieces and then weekends I write up my previews and predictions, with a couple of links in the post, aswell as sending out my weekly newsletter (which is around 1200 users on mailing list)

    I Am in the NR 3slot for Keyword "sportingbet review" in country Im targeting so getting a fair amount of traffic from that aswell but not much conversion as you can see.
    Can we see the site? Will make things way easier.



    If I may ask how is sportsbettingtips.org.uk doing?
    Ha... oh that site. It's just an aggregator I threw up a few years ago and not been touched since. Mainly feeds from myself and a few other affiliates to help drive traffic. I plan on going back and doing something proper with it at some point as it's pretty rubbish...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  12. #11
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    You would be much better off with another brand, although that's just my opinion.

    If sportingbet have the best reputation in the country you are targeting then it is likely they are already overexposed and so a lot of your traffic will already have accounts. Better to go for a brand with lower exposure in your market as the new customer base will be higher.
    That makes sense, thanks mate thats exactly what Im going to do. Friday - Sunday are my "busiest days" in terms of traffic so gonna push another brand this weekend for the upcoming rugby fixtures. Will see how it goes and report back.

    Last question, have you ever heard of NOXWIN?? They are "newish" but look pretty decent.

    I heard BetVictor can close affiliate account and keep money if they decide you not sending them enough traffic...Is that true? Would like to push them as new brand but if the latter is true then I'd rather stay away.

    Thank you for help.

  13. #12
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Can we see the site? Will make things way easier.
    I tried to post the link, to show you guys but I am new here so my post got censored waiting for moderator approval...

  14. #13
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Ha... oh that site. It's just an aggregator I threw up a few years ago and not been touched since.
    Saw you have a rugby tips page on there. Are you willing to accept a guest post for an upcoming rugby fixture?

  15. #14
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,253
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,280 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timthetanker View Post
    Saw you have a rugby tips page on there. Are you willing to accept a guest post for an upcoming rugby fixture?
    Site doesn't work that way, it's just an aggregator so pulls in snippets of post from external sites (that have asked to be on it) and get deleted after x number of new posts.

    Can add it to the aggregator eventually if you like, but I'd prefer to wait until I've redone it which wont be for a while...
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  16. #15
    timthetanker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Site doesn't work that way, it's just an aggregator so pulls in snippets of post from external sites (that have asked to be on it) and get deleted after x number of new posts.

    Can add it to the aggregator eventually if you like, but I'd prefer to wait until I've redone it which wont be for a while...
    All good, thank you for all your advice, best of luck to you mate - until we talk again, Cheerz

  17. #16
    Insider is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 202 Times in 93 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timthetanker View Post
    I heard BetVictor can close affiliate account and keep money if they decide you not sending them enough traffic...Is that true? Would like to push them as new brand but if the latter is true then I'd rather stay away.

    Thank you for help.
    Yes that is true and i would recommend you to stay away from or do it on your own risk and make your own experience with.

    I can only warn, because we already made our experiences.

    Good luck

  18. #17
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 556 Times in 328 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timthetanker View Post

    Last question, have you ever heard of NOXWIN?? They are "newish" but look pretty decent.

    I heard BetVictor can close affiliate account and keep money if they decide you not sending them enough traffic...Is that true? Would like to push them as new brand but if the latter is true then I'd rather stay away.

    Thank you for help.
    I don't know too much about NOXWIN but if you are a new affiliate and only working with the one brand I would go for a more established program. There is generally more chance a new site may close down and this could take your only account base with it.

    I've never had a problem with BetVictor personally, they don't have a very big affiliate program but they are decent in my opinion.

    What exactly is your target market?

  19. #18
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,868
    Thanks
    877
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 841 Posts

    Default

    What territory are you in mate? I'd go with Bet365 if they're available, alongside someone else - I'd try to promote 2-3 bookies to give your users a bit of choice and yourself a bit of diversity/backup. I've never found the Sportingbet aff program particularly good, especially recently. Made some half decent money the odd month but signups are not great these days and money worse.

  20. #19
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,819
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    899
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I'd try to promote 2-3 bookies to give your users a bit of choice and yourself a bit of diversity/backup.
    That's what I'd do. Promote a few alongside each other and weed out the ones that don't perform.
    Sweet Bet - Reviews of reputable online casinos, poker sites, sportsbooks & bingo halls
    USA Online Casinos | Canadian Online Casinos | Bitcoin Casinos | Live Dealer Casinos | Free Spin Casinos | US Online Casinos

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •