-
How long should I wait for reciprocal link request?
Hi all! I'm new here and to the world of casino portals, but I be posting my URL soon so I can get some much needed help...but my question now is, how long do I wait before I decide someone is just not gonna reciprocate my link?
I'm using linksmanager and linkpartners, and I have a TON of links I've added in the last few days, and only a tiny percentage of them are reciprocating. Does that mean they're just flat out not interested? How long do I wait before deleting them? Thanks!
-
-
Your links should be there as a service to your users, if you don't intend keeping them then you shouldn't put them up in the first place.
-
-
Um, ok. Sorry if I offended. As I said, I'm totally new to this. I was just going on the way linksmanager seems to be set up, i.e. sending reminders and such. Obviously the links are there to be helpful to everyone, including the visitors...two people deleted my link on their page because they couldn't find theirs on my page, so that's why I thought it was standard practice. Thanks. I guess. You sounded a little annoyed in your reply, but I thought this forum was for newbies...
-
-
Now now
Links - You link to get some growth in the Search Engine database but you will also link to sites that have relevant content and have value.
BUT - Then you send me a link and........... as has been the case.......... I am busy rewriting my sites, you suddenly find that I have a backlog of links to post. Don't sweat. Just send the request, leave it up for 2 weeks, and if, like in my case I only respond a month later, it can be fixed at that stage.
This is quite a common question so please don't feel you asked a bad question. Just take into account though that some of us never seem to have the time to get to those links as speedily as we would like to
-
-
19 July 2003, 12:57 am
#5
Sorry.
And thank you! I was just a little cranky when I read the first reply. I've become obsessed with my site, it's all I can do/think about, but it's literally 110 degrees in my apartment! I need to go somewhere air conditioned and I'll stop making rash, irritated posts. Sorry if I snapped, I appreciate all the help, honestly. I was just embarassed I asked a dumb question. OK, I'll be back with more dumb questions soon, don't worry!
-
-
Lol dont worry Apple we have all been there :LOL: Its not quite 110 here, but in England we have been seized by an uncustomary heatwave and Im tired, hot and extremely cranky
Ask all the questions you like - there is no such thing as a dumb question - although I do give dumb answers sometimes :LOL:
-
-
Sorry Apple, I was a bit grumpy yesterday.
It does appear to be standard practise to require linkbacks and to delete those links who do not recipricate. But my original comment is still correct 
I'm personaly sick of all this linking business in order to get PR, and I hate these automated linking systems - I simply delete any request from automated linkers.
Linking is one of those things that nobody likes (especially me
) once I've got a site at PR5 i'll probably just ignore any linking (except with friends) it's simply not worth the time and effort.
-
-
One last point apple.
If you're requesting a link then the chances are you've got a fairly new site with little 'SE power' so you're gonna have to be patient if you're trying to get a link from a site with PR6 that's been up for 3 years.
The site requesting a link will normaly benefit a lot more than the site granting the link (due to my new vs established site theory
) so you can't expect the established site to be jumping around getting your link sorted out ASAP.
-
-
3 August 2003, 5:42 pm
#9
pr..5..6..???
Okay, i understand PR means pagerank.
But PR5... PR6. where is this coming from?
How do you measure this?
I can't find it in my googlebar either.
-
-
3 August 2003, 6:05 pm
#10
Hey Remco
You will need the advanced features enabled on your toolbar
In your browser on the left hand side of the Google toolbar
Click Google / Toolbar options
Scroll down to:
Advanced features
And add:
PageRank display
You will then have a green bar showing page rank imbedded
In your toolbar that you can mouse over to display the pagerank.
Brad
-
-
3 August 2003, 6:09 pm
#11
PR is "PageRank" in the middle of your Google toolbar.
Croup - tsk, tsk, tsk. :nono: Who says that's the only reason people exchange links? I could care less what my PR is, but if hundreds of links gets me ranked higher in the SE listings, then that I'll be doing.
Or, for Gambling Girl, I let lots of non-gambling, but related sites link, and I don't even require those to backlink.
My personal reason for requiring a gambling link back is because if I'm sending them traffic, they better damn well be sending it back!
-
-
6 August 2003, 10:08 am
#12
Thanks
Thanks for usefull info Slycin & Brad.
I just keep finding more cool features in this googlebar.
Remco
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules