northwester is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default How many of you guys use mobile marketing for gambling?

Hi guys, I've read case studies about mobile marketing for the gambling niche. What do you guys think? Have you tried it? I tried PropellerAds (spent about $200 on push ads) but no luck.

Here's one case study:

https://adsterra.com/blog/case-study...ling-popunder/

The advantage of mobile marketing is that it's cheap.

Thanks

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,893 Posts

Mobile marketing is not cheap. It is slightly more expensive than desktop. Or at least what those two companies pay to their partners.

Both adsterra and propellerads are total ****. They have zero control where their ads are being placed and they do not care.

(But a word for their defense is that monitoring ad traffic is extremely costly and those amateurs have no skills for that.)
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

northwester (3 June 2022)

northwester is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Sherlock. In your opinion, is SEO cheaper than mobile? Let's say I hire an article writer to write 50 unique poker blog articles and then spend money on buying links (eg from FatJoe). That can be pretty expensive. But I also don't like buying mobile traffic and getting no conversions. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,893 Posts

No idea.

I can just say what I know about those 2 companies.

I think in matured internet market you need more than just:

1. Buy SEO/ads
    2. Profit

Maybe think why you are so sure that one of the two options must be the way. Maybe you are the product. Idk really.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

northwester (4 June 2022)

chaumi is online now Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by northwester View Post
    is SEO cheaper than mobile? Let's say I hire an article writer to write 50 unique poker blog articles and then spend money on buying links (eg from FatJoe). That can be pretty expensive. But I also don't like buying mobile traffic and getting no conversions. I don't know what to do.
    You seem to be taking the exclusive view that 'SEO' has two component parts - words on a page and links to a page/site.

It could be that with this narrow viewpoint, you will struggle, or at a minimum, be leaving money (via rankings/visitors) on the table.

There are hundreds of factors/aspects to 'SEO' outside of content/links, or as adjuncts to them. Yes, those are foundations. And if you do them 'well', you should get some results (provided the vehicle you are using to drive them - ie, your site) is adequately structured to make the most of them. If you decide SEO is the way to go, then I'd suggest study is needed. The problem is - to understand it all fully - it all takes time. And time is money (depending on your personal position) in addition to the hard costs of doing it.

The cost of 'SEO' is hard to quantify (at any time, let alone as a comparative exercise against advertising). 50 blog articles is unlikely to make a dent, you'd need 1000 poker pages to compete (with a 'proper' poker site) with the guys that know what they're doing and have been doing that for 5 - 20 years already. Unless, maybe - you target one specific aspect of poker and can implement that narrow focus to good effect. And that would probably need to be very good effect. Even 'very' may not be enough...but there is only one way to find out.

Your results will be heavily dependent on quality (alongside the 'uncontrollable' views of Google on what you are doing). You could spend $10k on links and - if they are not good enough - end up with links that do nothing. You could pay $250-500 an article, and end up with nothing that ranks. Quality will be the key, and then how it's presented in addition to enhancements from other factors.

If you want to short cut with advertising, then you will (very likely) need to be sure the 50 pages of content you have (or, perhaps, more importantly, the specific pages you are advertising) are perfectly structured to deliver on the promise of what you are stating in the ad.

Again, only testing and trying will determine whether you can return more from that approach than it costs.

FWIW - and I personally have never advertised in the way you are implying, so in no way would be an expert or anywhere near that - if you look and see who is advertising now - determine who is doing it consistently - then you can make a reasonable assumption that they are making a positive return. In theory, you may be able to work out roughly what it's costing them, provided you have all the (or at least a good idea of) the data you'd need to make that calculation. What they are getting back would be guesswork, I suspect. Though maybe (with the right experience) educated guesswork.
    Last edited by chaumi; 4 June 2022 at 3:26 am. Reason: typo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

MMM (4 June 2022), northwester (4 June 2022), worthy (8 June 2022)

universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 5,202 Posts

Mobile marketing is just marketing. Marketing that some people read on phones, and advertising/marketing that the sellers try to make sure is in places that many of the target market reads on their mobile devices.

Do the marketers say, "No go away you are on a windows laptop or an itoy mac pro or ipad, this advertising is for phones only".

Nope they just claim that a high percentage of the audience will be on a 5 inch screen.

Rick
    Universal4

Grand_RexAffiliates is online now Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

The case study looks interesting, but it's too old and outdated. User patterns are changed significantly in past 2 years due to covid' lockdowns etc. So, just a mobile marketing won't work since most of users will abstract from irrelevant info.