Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24
  1. #21
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,816 Times in 2,157 Posts

    Default

    This is not a first thread. I already wrote the response (I started a gambling forum just out of curiosity and after many years I put the first banner on it).

    As I am lazy to start new threads and as a part of my erratic way to online seclusion I do not want to; I would like to know how you imagine your end in affiliate marketing. Because the state now is like having dead mother in a wardrobe and cashing the hefty pension, which feels like being loser. Yes, it is the passive income that everyone is dreaming about, but I wonder whether I should simply give up the free money and do only things that go somewhere.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  2. #22
    mooncereal is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulEchere View Post
    Yep, I do think that $1500 / month is an overkill for backlinks, especially for a new site.
    With new sites (especially in saturated and very competitive niches like igaming), I'd probably want to be reactive rather than proactive - meaning pushing up KWs where you are already seeing a positive trend upwards.

    I'd say, once you build a solid foundation of content ("solid" may vary depending on your intent and plans), let it sit for a month or so and see what G thinks of it. You will definitely start seeing some pages outperform others - you can double down on those as there you are likely to get best returns on your BL investment.

    Talking about exact amounts, if we're talking about a one-man operation and a singe website, $600 - $800 per month is more than enough to build out a solid backlink profile.
    The main reason being (in my opinion) is you buy links that "work" and you probably want to make sure that what you are doing "works" before continuing.

    So the ideal scenario might look like this:
    - You have content on your website and you see which pages / KWs get more impressions / clicks than others
    - You identify which of those pages are likely to bring you $$ (where you can get FTDs or which might drive people to reach out to you to buy BLs from you)
    - Once you know the KWs and pages - you do competitor and backlink strategy research where you identify places where you might want to get BLs from. These should be somewhat (or completely) niche and GEO relevant.
    - You identify a topic for a guest post publication. The goal here is to create a post which will get clicks. If you publish a guest post with a backlink to your website (on a different website) and that page never gets any organic traffic - there's very little use from such BLs. So you'd want to craft a post that is relevant to your target KW and that covers a subject / KWs that people are searching for and that will likely get clicks (a good number of impressions at the very least).
    - Then you let that sit and you try to analyze the impact. This is the tricky part because it is very easy to confuse correlation with causation. But really, anything about G, its algos and methods of working with them is, in essence, tribal knowledge.

    That's one possible formula for a good backlinks. If you have that as the objective - you won't really need to spend more than $600 - $800 per month on BLs unless your website gets really big.
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the heads-up before I started putting a lot of $$ into links. Also - I think I saw you on the FreeSlots podcast on Youtube.

  3. #23
    Oliver Cooper's Avatar
    Oliver Cooper is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2022
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear about your journey. I came to this niche from journalism. I had experience with SEO, and I've always been into gambling. It's a great combination of skills and interests

  4. #24
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 768 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    This is not a first thread. I already wrote the response (I started a gambling forum just out of curiosity and after many years I put the first banner on it).

    As I am lazy to start new threads and as a part of my erratic way to online seclusion I do not want to; I would like to know how you imagine your end in affiliate marketing. Because the state now is like having dead mother in a wardrobe and cashing the hefty pension, which feels like being loser. Yes, it is the passive income that everyone is dreaming about, but I wonder whether I should simply give up the free money and do only things that go somewhere.
    Hmm ... not pretty much sure. As we moved to Tuscany and decided to own some real estate (actually i was always more the tenent guy, but girls ... kids). Good anyway. House and land paid fully cash (yes, iGaming commission) and invested in olive trees. Looking to reach a (retail) net within next 3 yrs of €100k ... its hard farmers work, still backed from iGaming commission. Actually i would love to invest much more in food production. Micro greens, herbs, fresh water fish farming (RAS Systems), but our little mounty and abonded location, make the "fresh to door" distribution not easy.

    Some small consulting gigs over the year would be welcomed too. 20 yrs experience and 7figure income out of adult, casino, fx affiliate marketing still kicking

    and you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •