-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,693 Posts

Thumbs down The IGT Partners interview that was just deleted

The ink wasn't even dry on the interview and IGT Partners closed up shop. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested. I saw that Abby posted the text of it in forum and then it was quickly deleted.

Anyway, I find it interesting that the subject of the interview discusses how they value affiliates at IGT Partners. He makes a quote in the interview that I personally find interesting:
    Q - "What do you wish you could change about the industry?"

A - "This would have to be elimination of all bad actors out there across players, affiliates and operators, as these tarnish the industry name".
    Shay's special followup question - "Does this also include the likes of IGT Partners, as they closed up shop and stole each and every player from all their affiliate accounts? Certainly you'd agree that such an act is also tarnishing the industry's good name."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

Triple7 (6 September 2017)

Anthony is offline Affiliate Services
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,301 Times in 1,730 Posts

Yes I believe the closure does tarnish the industry. These actions carry negative consequences for many.

However, the closure of IGT Partners was beyond the control of the affiliate manager. We shouldn't try to use his interview against him. At the time it was given, he had no idea this was going to happen to his affiliates and himself.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (6 September 2017), The Buzz (19 September 2017)