Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default IMPORTANT - CAP Euro Event Changes

    Hi all,

    Please see below some PR on the CAP events that will be going out today - Don't worry the changes are all 100% positive in that everything that was great about the events will be retained but admission will be easier for all affiliates and their will be a name change so the event will be 100% independent.

    I am in Budapest today sorting the venue and parties for our September event so may not be able to respond to any questions but don't worry I will reply - Also have to announce the key note who I think is awesome!

    The new site by the way will be up by Tues so please continue to use the old sites for the moment.

    Speak soon


    CAP Euro Amsterdam is Now The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference

    -Every Affiliate Goes FREE! –Every Portal Invited -Every Affiliate Program Welcomed!
    (London) CAP Euro Amsterdam is now The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference (www.amsterdamaffiliateconference.com) and the metamorphosis is much more than a change of name.

    The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference (AAC) has opened its admission policy to encourage new affiliate attendees by opening its doors to all iGaming affiliates, eliminating requirements of CAP Forum membership as a prerequisite for free attendance. Likewise, all affiliate programs will be charged the same low rate to exhibit and attend. Extending its open door policy, AAC invites affiliate forums, affiliate portals and affiliate organizations to join the show.

    Casino Affiliate Programs (CAP), founders and former co-producers of the show will continue to take a positive role in the event, promoting it to their 8300+ affiliates and affiliate programs. However CAP has decided instead to focus its efforts on developing the portal, forum and online assets which have made it the largest iGaming affiliate organization in the world which means the events will now be 100% managed and produced by iGaming Business who co-founded the events with CAP two years ago.

    Some great things have however been retained from previous CAP Euro shows. The Affiliate Series of Poker will still be a highlight at the show, and will still award thousands in prize money to players. There will still be unforgettable parties thrown ever night of the event and an open bar following each day of the expo. The show will still be held April 30th – May 2nd, which happens to fall on Holland’s legendary Queens Day – one of the most celebrated street parties in Europe.

    Most importantly, the AAC will continue to bring the foremost experts in the industry into its lecture halls, and the largest number of affiliates into its expo halls. The AAC has assembled SEO experts Dave Naylor, Jason Duke, Marcus Tandler, Bob Rains, Judith Lewis, and Gary Beal to speak in its two SEO panels, and has created a new dedicated FOREX Pavilion. With over 50 exhibitors already confirmed, and 70 exhibitors expected, the AAC offers great networking and business opportunities for affiliates and affiliate managers. With the new expanded entrance and exhibitor policy the AAC is set to be the biggest ever affiliate event – one that affiliates and affiliate managers can’t afford to miss.

    ----------------------------------
    About The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference

    The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference is managed and produced by iGaming Business, publishers of iGaming Business Magazine and iGaming Affiliate Magazine. The Amsterdam Affiliate Conference began as CAP Euro, which grew from 600 attendees to over 1700 attendees in just two years by keeping true to a simple philosophy: Put Affiliates First!

    About iGaming Business

    iGaming Business has been in the iGaming industry for over 8 years and as well as producing affiliate events publishes market leading magazines such as iGaming Business and iGaming Business Affiliate Magazine both considered the bibles for the iGaming Sector and read by thousands of affiliates, vendors and operators each and every month
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  2. #2
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Casino Affiliate Programs (CAP), founders and former co-producers of the show will continue to take a positive role in the event, promoting it to their 8300+ affiliates and affiliate programs. However CAP has decided instead to focus its efforts on developing the portal, forum and online assets which have made it the largest iGaming affiliate organization in the world which means the events will now be 100% managed and produced by iGaming Business who co-founded the events with CAP two years ago.
    Bulls;;t

    It's not that easy Alex!

    I have resigned from the GPWA today because of CAP. Not that anyone cares, I don't go to events anyway. I am just an affiliate!

  3. #3
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Mojo whay do you mean????

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Bulls;;t

    It's not that easy Alex!

    I have resigned from the GPWA today because of CAP. Not that anyone cares, I don't go to events anyway. I am just an affiliate!

  4. #4
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    HI Alex

    I think as an operator we have a lot to tak about I am looking forward to meeting up with you in Holland at the end of this month.

    Shaun

  5. #5
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,525
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,145
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 673 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Bulls;;t

    It's not that easy Alex!

    I have resigned from the GPWA today because of CAP. Not that anyone cares, I don't go to events anyway. I am just an affiliate!
    Mojo,

    Forgive me for sounding ignorant. Why are you resigning from GPWA? I am not understanding.

    Your a private member here right? Why would you need to resign? How does CAP make you decide this.?

    Forgive me for asking if you cant say, but i really do not get it.

    Why am i asking?

    Because I do care!! I am sure others care if your gone as well.

    Steve


  6. #6
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 679 Times in 262 Posts

    Default

    I don't get it either Mojo? Why should this make you quit GPWA?

    Event - While this is a positive approach, I hope you don't continue to use these events to step on CAC and try to push them out of the industry.

    That will make me ignore every event planned by iGaming.

  7. #7
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Kwblue

    I want to answer your point, I hope that I am not speaking out of turn.

    Alex if you what I am saying is wrong then I am happy to remove teh post....

    The reason the event is being arrange at that time in Amsterdam is that Alex/CAP/I gaming wanted to add value and the fact that A4U is the same time this does add extra value to operators and affiliates, i really dont think Alex is trying to push Mark out....

    Maybe i am wrong but i like to see the good in everybody until they show me otherwise..

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by kwblue View Post
    I don't get it either Mojo? Why should this make you quit GPWA?

    Event - While this is a positive approach, I hope you don't continue to use these events to step on CAC and try to push them out of the industry.

    That will make me ignore every event planned by iGaming.

  8. #8
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    832
    Thanks
    404
    Thanked 679 Times in 262 Posts

    Default

    That might be true... But some of the events were planned on dates that were purposefully planned for that reason (IMO). Maybe not this specific event.

    I just want to hear that we are:

    1. Not Planning on having TOO MANY events
    2. Not planning on having CONFLICTING events


    The last couple of years have been draining to both affiliates and affiliate programs. More events is NOT what we need... and conflicting events just tear apart the affiliate world and leave the programs spending money they could have spent elsewhere.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to kwblue For This Useful Post:

    Engineer (12 March 2009)

  10. #9
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    I agree 100% to many events i see even more are planned by others......

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by kwblue View Post
    That might be true... But some of the events were planned on dates that were purposefully planned for that reason (IMO). Maybe not this specific event.

    I just want to hear that we are:

    1. Not Planning on having TOO MANY events
    2. Not planning on having CONFLICTING events


    The last couple of years have been draining to both affiliates and affiliate programs. More events is NOT what we need... and conflicting events just tear apart the affiliate world and leave the programs spending money they could have spent elsewhere.

  11. #10
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwblue View Post
    That might be true... But some of the events were planned on dates that were purposefully planned for that reason (IMO). Maybe not this specific event.

    I just want to hear that we are:

    1. Not Planning on having TOO MANY events
    2. Not planning on having CONFLICTING events

    The last couple of years have been draining to both affiliates and affiliate programs. More events is NOT what we need... and conflicting events just tear apart the affiliate world and leave the programs spending money they could have spent elsewhere.
    I actually agree with a lot of what you say and I promise what ever we do going forward if we feel it may be contreversial we will go to the market and ask what we thing -

    Regarding Amsterdam I think I wrote this ages ago but we had lots of reasons for Amsterdam -
    First a load of operators and affiliates asked us to put an event on in Dam for a number of reasons from the fact that we don't charge for affiliates through to small things such as people enjoying some of teh aspects we have like a party every night, the ASOP, the open bar, etc
    We then were approached by a4u who were planning an event in Dam - Our orignal plan was late may/june but they couldn't do that because of some mainstream dutch affiliate event and a german affiliate event so we followed them back to the end of April and there the story begins.

    As I say what ever we do in the future we will come to you the affiliates and operators and discuss our plans so we can move forard as a community in an agreed approach - I hope you trust that I 100% promise this.

    Re teh whole too many events, types of events etc I really don't want to get into that debate as that is a debate that has been going on in every sector for a long time and is much better to have in a seperate thread and is something I don't think anyone knows the answer too yet......

    One thing I am doing is trying top focus on smaller niche events for individual markets so for example Sydney for the Oz and Asian market and a soon to be announce event in Madrid specifically for the Spanish speaking market - These won't be huge expos but more focused on networking, content and exploring these verticles.

    Any questions please ask away

    Oh and Mojo - Please feel free to contact me in the forums, email, Pm or whatever as I would be more than happy to discuss the events with you. I have always enjoyed your posts so really don't want to see you dissapear.
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexpratt For This Useful Post:

    kwblue (13 March 2009)

  13. #11
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Alex I do apologize for my negative attitude towards yourself. The ship of fools has left the port and I see clearer now.

    Not speaking for Mojo but my feeling is she is quite disillusioned right about now. Put through the wash machine one to many times. Rather be reserved otherwise be washed over again, again, and again. Boils down to trust maybe. Worried the GPWA might one day crawl in bed with CAP again. But I can say with certainty CAP has caused Mojo great grief along with myself and so many others.

    greek39

  14. #12
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Alex

    I dont mean to many events in the sense of your events and CAC I can live with that 100% I got an email from Affilicon telling me about 4 or 5 events i these have a diffrent twist but still a load more shows.

    I think 3 or 4 events per year with you and then Amsterdam with CAC works, as for Russia and Maccau no real need for me.

    I think everybody jkust want you to keep up the good work no matter what **** is going down at CAP, we all value your shows and as I have said in teh past you run a great show, I think Jeremy hit th enail on the head yesterday on his radio show he said you would win hands down against Marc when putting a show on.

    By the way I hear you are funding my booze problem in Amsterdam at the Euro Pub???? Very kind of you.


    Shuan

    Quote Originally Posted by alexpratt View Post
    I actually agree with a lot of what you say and I promise what ever we do going forward if we feel it may be contreversial we will go to the market and ask what we thing -

    Regarding Amsterdam I think I wrote this ages ago but we had lots of reasons for Amsterdam -
    First a load of operators and affiliates asked us to put an event on in Dam for a number of reasons from the fact that we don't charge for affiliates through to small things such as people enjoying some of teh aspects we have like a party every night, the ASOP, the open bar, etc
    We then were approached by a4u who were planning an event in Dam - Our orignal plan was late may/june but they couldn't do that because of some mainstream dutch affiliate event and a german affiliate event so we followed them back to the end of April and there the story begins.

    As I say what ever we do in the future we will come to you the affiliates and operators and discuss our plans so we can move forard as a community in an agreed approach - I hope you trust that I 100% promise this.

    Re teh whole too many events, types of events etc I really don't want to get into that debate as that is a debate that has been going on in every sector for a long time and is much better to have in a seperate thread and is something I don't think anyone knows the answer too yet......

    One thing I am doing is trying top focus on smaller niche events for individual markets so for example Sydney for the Oz and Asian market and a soon to be announce event in Madrid specifically for the Spanish speaking market - These won't be huge expos but more focused on networking, content and exploring these verticles.

    Any questions please ask away

    Oh and Mojo - Please feel free to contact me in the forums, email, Pm or whatever as I would be more than happy to discuss the events with you. I have always enjoyed your posts so really don't want to see you dissapear.

  15. #13
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerprofits View Post
    By the way I hear you are funding my booze problem in Amsterdam at the Euro Pub???? Very kind of you.
    Me and a few others - Just sorting teh finer details at the moment but I can at least confirm it will be late afternoon and evening so won't overlap the event this time. Should be good fun, Massive glasses of beer, cheesy music, and no bill = Happy Days
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  16. #14
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but due to this whole CAP nightmare, I will not participate in anything even remotely attached to them.

    However I know a lot people people spent a lot of money to go, and will be going, and to the attendees, I wish you a safe trip and good luck.
    "CasinoJack"


  17. #15
    wagerprofits is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 112 Times in 73 Posts

    Default

    Casinojack


    Are you attending CAC???


    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but due to this whole CAP nightmare, I will not participate in anything even remotely attached to them.

    However I know a lot people people spent a lot of money to go, and will be going, and to the attendees, I wish you a safe trip and good luck.

  18. #16
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 1,222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but due to this whole CAP nightmare, I will not participate in anything even remotely attached to them.

    However I know a lot people people spent a lot of money to go, and will be going, and to the attendees, I wish you a safe trip and good luck.
    I would like to apologize publicly to Alex. I jumped on this thread out of turn. I will not leave GPWA but I will certainly take a vacation. Thanks Michael for understanding. Apologies for my emotional outburst.

    I will just agree with casinojack above.

    Thanks greek for understanding. I know sometimes I make little sense!
    Last edited by mojo; 13 March 2009 at 11:11 pm.

  19. #17
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I would like to apologize publicly to Alex. I jumped on this thread out of turn.
    No worries at all - Last few months have been crazy and super stressful - I just hope we can all relax a bit now and get back on track. This industry is amazing when everything is going well and people are working together

    Originally Posted by casinojack
    I don't want to sound like a jerk, but due to this whole CAP nightmare, I will not participate in anything even remotely attached to them.

    However I know a lot people people spent a lot of money to go, and will be going, and to the attendees, I wish you a safe trip and good luck.
    Casinojack - Completely understand. Hopefully we will meet in Amsterdam (CAC) so you can see who is behind these events first hand and that we (iGB) are good people and maybe in Sept we can get you over to Budapest.
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

  20. #18
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Looking forward to seeing you in late April Alex! I am sure you have done an outstanding job as usual on this event. Fact is I need that long to finish all the work on deals I made in London, been working non stop.

  21. #19
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline In Memoriam, 1958-2010
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    2,108
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 138 Times in 82 Posts

    Post

    Hey Everyone,
    No offense Alex, but smart people will conserve there money and not spend it foolishly in times like these. I am not attenting any events this year. Tommorrow will be a better day, but take my word for it we have not seen bottom yet.

  22. #20
    alexpratt's Avatar
    alexpratt is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2006
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 717 Times in 423 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    No offense Alex, but smart people will conserve there money and not spend it foolishly in times like these. I am not attenting any events this year. Tommorrow will be a better day, but take my word for it we have not seen bottom yet.
    No offence at all - I completely understand that peopld will take different stratergies in a time like this - I used to run engineering mags which was unfortunately always struggling but again some people spent more in a down turn to win market share whilst others locked down the hatches and rode it out.

    Even before the "recession" people made choices on whether they found events/conferences of value - Some people see them as vital to their business and others not so and I think this will continue. Its basic economice if people don't show then there isn't a market and we will look at other ways to get teh community together......

    At the moment we have just over 200 affiliates registered which with 7 weeks to go is a very good number as most people don't register until 4 weeks before normally due to it being free so I am very hopeful Amsterdam will once again have a great turnout and possibly break some records...

    Hopefully things will turn around and we will see you at an event soon
    iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •