Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Impostor GPWAs

  1. #1
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default Impostor GPWAs

    This is my 2,000th post since joining GPWA and I thought it would be fun to mark the occassion by pointing out some of the other organizations that have popped up in my "GPWA" google alert over the past year. I have to say the wrestling group is my favorite impostor GPWA thus far. Fortunately for my sanity, the real GPWA is the topic of 90% of the alerts.


    Here are some of the impostors:
    Green Piece Wire Art

    Global Professional Wrestling Alliance
    Check out this GPWA wrestling match on YouTube. The next time discussion gets a bit out of hand I'm going to crack up thinking about wrestlers battling in a ring marked GPWA.

    German Professional Women's Association

    GPW & Associates (with the group run by people named Gordon, Petrowski, Wanner)

    Greater Phoenix Wargames Association

    Georgia Prison Wardens Association
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CityGuard For This Useful Post:

    MichaelCorfman (5 September 2007)

  3. #2
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Lol..Prison Wardens.

    Congrats on your 2000th post CG!


  4. #3
    Carlo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    I want to join the Greater Phoenix Wargames Association. Is membership from here to there transferable?

  5. #4
    pdjoe's Avatar
    pdjoe is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2007
    Posts
    383
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 233 Times in 170 Posts

    Default

    so many inpostors <!--StartFragment --> what a nice compliment to the GPWA


    congrats on the 2k post! <!--StartFragment -->
    Last edited by pdjoe; 5 September 2007 at 6:42 pm.
    Joe

  6. #5
    Shane's Avatar
    Shane is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 43 Times in 36 Posts

    Default


    Way to go CG... and well done GPWA for being soooooo popular


  7. #6
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CityGuard View Post
    This is my 2,000th post since joining GPWA and I thought it would be fun to mark the occassion by pointing out some of the other organizations that have popped up in my "GPWA" google alert over the past year. I have to say the wrestling group is my favorite impostor GPWA thus far. Fortunately for my sanity, the real GPWA is the topic of 90% of the alerts.


    Here are some of the impostors:
    Green Piece Wire Art

    Global Professional Wrestling Alliance
    Check out this GPWA wrestling match on YouTube. The next time discussion gets a bit out of hand I'm going to crack up thinking about wrestlers battling in a ring marked GPWA.

    German Professional Women's Association

    GPW & Associates (with the group run by people named Gordon, Petrowski, Wanner)

    Greater Phoenix Wargames Association

    Georgia Prison Wardens Association
    Green Piece Wire Art - Some of those animals are kinda scary..wonder if they can make a pink flamingo...

    Global Professional Wrestling Alliance - they choreographed their acts very well..

    German Professional Women's Association - they're all blondes

    Greater Phoenix Wargames Association - only if I could use real bullets..

    Georgia Prison Wardens Association - now this one I could join...I lived in GA, and I worked p/t for a halfway house in college...unfor the url redirects to a local newspaper...

    Congrats on your 2K post!
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  8. #7
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
    ...the url redirects to a local newspaper.
    Funny commentary on the other groups! In terms of the URL, the links I posted were based on the google alerts received, with the exception of gpwa.com where the alert was for an internal page on that site. I did a quick follow-up a moment ago to find the Prison Warden group's website, but the top results in google simply mention the association in passing rather than providing detail about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    I want to join the Greater Phoenix Wargames Association. Is membership from here to there transferable?

    We do not current have a membership reciprocation agreement in place with the Greater Phoenix Wargames Association. However, I received another google alert about them planning their first meeting. It is a board game club based around strategy games, and their first meeting is tomorrow to hang around a pizza shop and play some Axis and Allies. This is my kind of crowd.
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  9. #8
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Wargames are prob fun, but I'm into scifi...my favs are or

    I also like to when I get the chance to hang out in Tunica.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Amateur For This Useful Post:

    MichaelCorfman (12 September 2007)

  11. #9
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    2000 posts and it has only been something like 14 months since Casino City took over here. You must average something like 5 posts per day (including weekends)
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  12. #10
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    I want to join the Greater Phoenix Wargames Association. Is membership from here to there transferable?
    LOL

    You just want somewhere else to spread Carlo love (ie to be the biggest poster)...

    Hey that could be a TV show.

  13. #11
    GPWA Teresa's Avatar
    GPWA Teresa is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    West Newton, MA
    Posts
    842
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    GpWA

    Gracepoint Worship Arts...

    www.gracepoint.ca/


    and thank you steven for making me laugh out loud with that wrestling match! too funny.
    Teresa Adam

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •