AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,018 Posts

Default Ledger Data Breach

Turns out that Ledger got hacked, and personal data has been stolen. This hack took place on 14'th July 2020. 15 days ago, and only now does Ledger inform its customer base.

From email received

What personal information was involved?

Contact and order details were involved. This is mostly the email address of our customers. Further to investigating the situation we have also been able to establish that, for a subset of customers were also exposed: first and last name, postal address, phone number and ordered products. Due to the scope of this breach and our commitment to our customers, we have decided to inform all of our customers about this situation.

Payment information, credentials (passwords) or crypto funds are not impacted by this data breach. This data breach has no link nor impact on our hardware wallets and the Ledger Live application. Your crypto assets are safe and are not in peril.
    Maybe pure coincidence, but for the last 2 weeks or less, been receiving lots of unknown calls to my mobile number. The couple of times I've answered, there's a defining delay (like VoiP), I merely hang up, and block the number.

https://www.ledger.com/addressing-the-july-2020-e-commerce-and-marketing-data-breach

Last edited by AussieDave; 29 July 2020 at 3:48 pm.
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

It's your right to be treated honestly: fairness for all igaming affiliates - doch.news