Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    MrDeposit is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default Looking For Hosting

    I noticed my traffic is down. Looking into the problem, its my web host going down a few times a week. So I am looking for a web host that has good support, free ssl, under $6 a month, and can handle a few low traffic websites. Must be gambling affiliate friendly of course.

    If I pick your suggestion, I will pm you for the affiliate link.

  2. #2
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Not saying it's the best choice, but Bluehost works for gambling affiliate sites, costs are ok on a new plan and a longer period chosen (afterwards they go up), can handle the traffic and I'm using their free SSL without problems. I haven't used their support in the past few years, so can't comment on that.
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  3. #3
    WBM's Avatar
    WBM
    WBM is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 97 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    I use smarthosting.co.uk

    Totally unlimited for $3 per month .. UK based ..
    Just awesome

  4. #4
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default

    I'm using Servikus and Siteground. Very happy with both.

  5. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1973 View Post
    Not saying it's the best choice, but Bluehost works for gambling affiliate sites, costs are ok on a new plan and a longer period chosen (afterwards they go up), can handle the traffic and I'm using their free SSL without problems. I haven't used their support in the past few years, so can't comment on that.
    Bluehost don't allow gambling, numerous examples on the forums of them shutting down accounts without notice: https://www.gpwa.org/forum/if-you-us...ap-215600.html
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    daweller (25 March 2019)

  7. #6
    WBM's Avatar
    WBM
    WBM is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 97 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    On a side note.. if you dont need anything fancy like cpanel etc I'm more than happy to offer you space on one of my own VPS for nothing ( or perhaps a backlink ) ?

    Would any members here be interested as I may actually configure 2 of the VPS servers I have for shared hosting
    ZERO payment just a backlink ?..

    Not losing any money as they're not even in use at present
    Last edited by WBM; 18 March 2019 at 1:25 pm.

  8. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    HostGator (.com website) have some excellent deals and packages starting from $2.75 per month for a single domain and $3.75 per month for unlimited domains. Both of these packages also offer a free SSL Certificate.

  9. #8
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I have a few sites hosted at tsohost and am happy with them.

  10. #9
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Bluehost don't allow gambling, numerous examples on the forums of them shutting down accounts without notice: https://www.gpwa.org/forum/if-you-us...ap-215600.html
    I think there are more than enough suggestions here, so I wouldn't suggest to go with Bluehost.
    But I for myself have been their customer since 2010 and I have a few affiliate websites on two different accounts there without any issues so far.
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  11. #10
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 159 Times in 103 Posts

    Default

    I have used quite a few in the past Hostgator, Godaddy, 123-reg, I currently have a VPS with ZFast for £9.98 a month which it pretty good for UK hosting.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

  12. #11
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    I'm looking to share my reseller account (US server /w cPanel backend for each site & gambling-friendly). Been using the hosting service for more then a decade it's very reliable. Don't go with Hostgator from what I hear their service has gone downhill.

  13. #12
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    Don't go with Hostgator from what I hear their service has gone downhill.
    I moved my last site from them 2 years ago exactly for that.
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  14. #13
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    I have a few sites hosted at tsohost and am happy with them.
    I use them too (following the Vidahost acquisition) for a few sites. The thing stopping me hosting more sites here is the https cert cost of more than £50 annual, when it's free elsewhere. I don't mind paying a bit for it, but fifty quid a year is pushing it. Also no dedicated IP's allowed (on shared). But other than that, yeah - they're a good host with excellent support.

  15. #14
    Juan Roman's Avatar
    Juan Roman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 263 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    I recently started using Namecheap and I have been impressed with them so far. Especially by top-notch support team.

    SLL and domain privacy are free, shared hosting plans are quite affordable.

  16. #15
    MrDeposit is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    A lot of suggestions and sadly im about to pick almost all of them apart.

    Bluehost and Hostgator are owned by the same company and doesnt allow gambling related sites. If your site is still up you're lucky.

    Smarthosting - never heard of it, looked into it, does accept gambling. Still unsure about this one tho.

    Servikus - gambling sites are not allowed.

    Siteground - charges $25 setup fee + first month when you want to pay monthly. I don't like to commit for the whole year and im not paying $25 for a setup fee. smh

    Tsohost - whom im moving from...

    Namecheap - doesnt allow gambling sites.

    pokeraussie thanks for the offer but i want my own.

    I guess I will keep looking for now.

  17. #16
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    Tsohost are awful. Have you looked at godaddy? Know they aren't as cheap as you like but have a few sites with them and not had any issues

  18. #17
    MrDeposit is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    I tried godaddy years ago and completely hate them.

  19. #18
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allaboutthebets View Post
    Tsohost are awful. Have you looked at godaddy? Know they aren't as cheap as you like but have a few sites with them and not had any issues
    I heard GoDaddy hosting is terrible and their backend is not as user friendly as cPanel.

  20. #19
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    I have a VPS with KnownHost that I'm very happy with. Their support is very responsive too. Never tried their shared hosting but maybe it's worth a look.

  21. #20
    allaboutthebets's Avatar
    allaboutthebets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    940
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 420 Times in 304 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokeraussie View Post
    I heard GoDaddy hosting is terrible and their backend is not as user friendly as cPanel.
    They do have a c pannel that's easy to use. Guess everyone has different experiences with different providers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •