4chan users are causing many problems with visa, mastercard and a swiss bank being taken down. This appears to be in retaliation of companies distancing themselves from wikileaks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11935539
4chan users are causing many problems with visa, mastercard and a swiss bank being taken down. This appears to be in retaliation of companies distancing themselves from wikileaks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11935539
They are not hacked, they are under DDoS attack.
"Operation Payback" is the name.
edit: I just heard that MasterCard is hacked.. About 10K CC numbers are dumped
I have the url but I don't think it's a good thing to post it here.
Last edited by hakank; 8 December 2010 at 4:21 pm.
I did mean to say attacked but if it is hacked that is far more serious
Paypal is getting attacked as well
Seems like these attackers are very able to crack down a bit of the web's best defenses, particularly in these money transaction sites. Quite scary!!
It's only DDoS attacks, taking down their "homepages".
VISA and Mastercard worked fine in any store.
PayPal, there you have some issues since most people can't login to use their service.
It seems to be up again though.
They're aiming at Swedish sites too, well well.. bringing down our government's site won't do any good
I guess they will continue this until th3j35t3r stops his attack on wikileaks or Assange is released.
Then perhaps they're attacked by hackers. Hackers are every where just waiting for their turn to attack.
If any cracker targets something they will get you no matter what one tries to prevent it. Called it a fundamental flaw in coding that has never been plugged from day one. The Visa Mastercard sites went down by a server flood or DDOS.
And were modest on the method they used.
greek39
Greek39