Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline In Memoriam, 1958-2010
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    2,108
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 138 Times in 82 Posts

  2. #2
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,707
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,374 Times in 2,045 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the heads-up Captain. I just looked up our weather forcast.

    I'm in the Boston area so it has not reached us from Virginia yet. But we have a winter storm warning for this evening with 7 to 15 inches of snow forcast and a possible upgrade to a blizzard warning later depending on how much the wind picks up. We had some snow here a couple weeks ago, but looks like this is the first real storm of the season.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  3. #3
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline In Memoriam, 1958-2010
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    2,108
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 138 Times in 82 Posts

    Smile

    Hi Michael,
    We have 8 inches total of snow with another storm front headed our way this evening. I have some pictures posted at my Facebook page for all that want to see. Snow Storm 12-18-2009

  4. #4
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Let it snow!!
    I picked up a heavy duty 30" Ariens blower this year. Power steering, electric start, 16" auger... the snow can't beat me down anymore, HA! I'm ready, bring it on!
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  5. #5
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I was right on the wintry mix line last night. I got about 1-2" of snow, then about 1/2" of sleet. My brother and parents, 20 miles south, got all rain after a few flakes in the air.

    The DOT did a great job and the roads were fine.

    My kids are probably jealous of your snowfall amounts... but I am not!
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  6. #6
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Captain I hope you and Michael will give us a quick update on how things are in your neck of the woods.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  7. #7
    Skinski's Avatar
    Skinski is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Conway , S.C.
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 288 Times in 257 Posts

    Default

    We had nothing but rain round these parts, but today is a beautiful sunny day. Hope you folk stay warm in all that snow and ice.

  8. #8
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,707
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,374 Times in 2,045 Posts

    Default

    Looks like we have about a foot of snow here in Newton right now (about ten miles west of Boston). Wind is around 15mph, so no blizard. It is still snowing, but fairly lightly at the moment, so I'd be suprised if we get more than another inch or two.

    The roads are mostly plowed, and I expect it will just be a normal weekday tomorrow with office and schools open just like any other weekday. Even this morning it did not take me any longer than usual to make the five minute drive from home to the office (well, I guess a couple extra minutes to shovel a path to the car and wipe enough of the snow off so I could see ok to drive).

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    Captain (21 December 2009)

  10. #9
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Glad it wasn't so bad for you guys!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  11. #10
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    Snowing over here as well but we don't have as much as you guys. We've probably about 3 to 4 inches and it's starting to thaw.

  12. #11
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    Well we got about 10 to 12 inches here in CT.....and all the snowmen are smiling cause they can here the snowblowers coming!!

    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  13. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Liked that one Pat.....lol

    You know this storm and cold fron that moved accross the nation has certainly gained nation attention quickly....

    And it's hitting in places you wouldn't expect. And many cities have already broken their December records.

    And even here in Florida we are most certainly feeling the effects...

    In fact there are advisories that those of us here in central florida may actually have to turn off our air conditioners and turn on the heat tonight.



    Rick
    Universal4

    Honestly though, I hope my affiliate friends out there are safe throughout this storm.
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  14. #13
    stemat is offline Former Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2005
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    well, I guess a couple extra minutes to shovel a path to the car and wipe enough of the snow off so I could see ok to drive
    Oh Im jealous Michael and wish I could say that. I drove about 50(plus) miles today and think I was very close to where you are in Newton.

    I drive school bus, which I had signed up a week ago,
    for Christmas In The City (children/moms in shelters) xmas party.
    I woke up to close to 2 feet of snow and this is an event they never cancel.
    I just couldnt find myself to tell my boss I am not driving and let those children down.

    I just thank god we all made it home safe.

  15. #14
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline In Memoriam, 1958-2010
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    2,108
    Thanks
    629
    Thanked 138 Times in 82 Posts

    Post

    Hey Everyone,
    We ended with about 12 inches of snow. A good neighbor came by and scraped our driveway Saturday so I could get Patty out of here in case of an emergency. The snow is beautiful, but it did cause a lot of problems for many people with power being down and many accidents. Merry Christmas!

  16. #15
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Good to hear you and Patty are safe Captain.

    I spent a good bit of time yesterday reading reports and watching news clips of the storm results around the country (since I didn't have to deal with any of it personally) and the biggest thing that kept coming up is that many cities were very fortunate that this all started on a Sunday as that relieved many of the emergency crews having to deal with more cars etc on the highways and roads.

    This allowed many crews to get a days head start of plowing and clearing before the second day of snow had fallen.

    The amount of accidents as well as people strnded would likely have been increased by a factor of 10 or more if the storm would have started one day later.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Captain (21 December 2009)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •