Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Question Networked Casino Question

    I'm a bit curious regarding how things work "behind the scenes" at Networked Casinos (think Microgaming). I'm hoping that someone "in the know" can chime in and provide insight.

    As I understand things, each skin has their "own" banking & licencing and to some extent each skin has their choice in games they can offer from the menu of "available" games. Of the games they can provide, there's the progressive slots and slots games that are not tied to a progressive jackpot. With respect to the progressive slots, where does the money come from if a player hits?

    I'm not sure if I'm exactly clear in my question or scenario, so I will present a hypothetical :

    Suppose I sign up through Microgaming Casino "A" and I deposit £100 and burn through that. Then, I deposit another £100. On my last spin, I hit a progressive jackpot for £26K.

    I know that with each spin on a progressive slot, a portion of the wager goes towards building the progressive jackpot. I assume that the "skin" is "billed" on a somewhat regular basis to feed the respective progressive jackpots that their players (and other networked players) can try to win.

    My actual questions :

    When the progressive is hit, does the "network" send the jackpot money to the "skin" to pay out (by the skin) to the lucky player?

    Does the player instead get paid directly by the "network" assuming he decides to cash out immediately upon hitting the jackpot?

    If neither of the above are how things work, how exactly does the money flow when dealing with a progressive jackpot at a "Microgaming skin"?

    I'm certain I will have some follow-up questions after getting initial insight, so I do thank everyone in advance who can shed some light on this process for chiming in.

    Cheers

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    muffincrumbs (18 October 2013)

  3. #2
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Does anyone have relevant insight they can offer on the above?

  4. #3
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    when someone won that Life's a beach at betfred they were all doing the promos saying won at betfred etc so im guessing the money goes from microgaming to betfred to customer, but just guessing

    Anthony Hodgetts or Luke Cotton normally know the score with stuff like this

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 October 2013)

  6. #4
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Hi Shay,

    Yes, thebookiesoffers is correct - The operator pays the winner the jackpot amount into their customer account at skin they were playing on.

    Hope this helps,
    Elaine
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ElaineGardiner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 October 2013)

  8. #5
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineGardiner View Post
    Hi Shay,

    Yes, thebookiesoffers is correct - The operator pays the winner the jackpot amount into their customer account at skin they were playing on.

    Hope this helps,
    Elaine
    Elaine, this does help a great deal. Thank you for the confirmation on how things work behind the scenes.

  9. #6
    Nick.RevenueJet's Avatar
    Nick.RevenueJet is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    374
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 214 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    I don't know exactly how it is in Casino, but in my Poker days MG would take x amount of rake of each Bad-Beat Table, and hold those funds for all the operators. When the Bad-Beat Jackpot was activated, that money would automatically go to the player's account, and Microgaming would send a report to the operators, so that everyone knew exactly where the money went.
    I would assume that is how they handle it at their Casino product as well.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick.RevenueJet For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 October 2013)

  11. #7
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineGardiner View Post
    Hi Shay,

    Yes, thebookiesoffers is correct - The operator pays the winner the jackpot amount into their customer account at skin they were playing on.

    Hope this helps,
    Elaine
    you can call me Aidan, in fact, everyone can call me Aidan lol

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 October 2013), ElaineGardiner (22 October 2013)

  13. #8
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    I know you're Aidan, just didn't know if Shay knew . Just didn't want to confuse anyone
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ElaineGardiner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (22 October 2013)

  15. #9
    LukeC is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    October 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 122 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    I asked our product team about this and usually the money is paid to the player by the operator, who is paid by the supplier - although that isn't always the case and sometimes players are paid direct by the supplier.

    Possibly the least helpful answer I'm afraid!
    Head of Affiliates at Digital Fuel

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to LukeC For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (23 October 2013)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •