Thread: Newbie Question

Maverick is offline New Member
    Thanks

Default Newbie Question

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I am now jumping balls deep into affiliate gambling and need some pointers as I am wasting so much time with the basic logistics of getting started:

1. Wordpress Themes - I want a regular looking site where I can post articles and then have a side widget ranking TOP 5 Sports Books or something like that. Any suggestions? I've checked out "responsivo" and "flytronics" themes. Both cost a bit of money and chances are I am going to have to pay someone on Fiverr or something to set it up for me so I can actually being to edit content and building the page. Any suggestions on themes, plugins, etc?

2. Affiliates - I know there is a laundry list of gambling affiliate networks here but I also notice that some people have problems with different companies. If anyone currently works with a reliable affiliate network for US based players please let me know.

3. Sports Picks/ Linking - If I am creating a sports betting sites with articles about current sports teams/news and then driving traffic to my affiliate links, Is there anyone that runs a "sports picks" site that would want to do some cross marketing? Maybe a link exchange and/or rev share for customers I get to sign up for your "picks" ?

4. Legality - If I am based in a state in the USA where sports gambling is illegal, are there any legal repercussions for running an affiliate website?

5. Bots - Does anyone use bots for forum posting or social media? Any good ones to look into?

6. Automation - Are there any programs that I can select websites that I like articles from and set the program so it automatically populates that sites article on my website? -- not to steal content. Basically like a "breaking news widget" that lists a couple of sites that I like to display with the headline. An example I thought of would be like "Latest NFL Injuries" -- then have that link to relevant sites that post the latest and greatest ? I don't know if good idea or not.

legobatman is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I am now jumping balls deep into affiliate gambling and need some pointers as I am wasting so much time with the basic logistics of getting started:

1. Wordpress Themes - I want a regular looking site where I can post articles and then have a side widget ranking TOP 5 Sports Books or something like that. Any suggestions? I've checked out "responsivo" and "flytronics" themes. Both cost a bit of money and chances are I am going to have to pay someone on Fiverr or something to set it up for me so I can actually being to edit content and building the page. Any suggestions on themes, plugins, etc?

2. Affiliates - I know there is a laundry list of gambling affiliate networks here but I also notice that some people have problems with different companies. If anyone currently works with a reliable affiliate network for US based players please let me know.

3. Sports Picks/ Linking - If I am creating a sports betting sites with articles about current sports teams/news and then driving traffic to my affiliate links, Is there anyone that runs a "sports picks" site that would want to do some cross marketing? Maybe a link exchange and/or rev share for customers I get to sign up for your "picks" ?

4. Legality - If I am based in a state in the USA where sports gambling is illegal, are there any legal repercussions for running an affiliate website?

5. Bots - Does anyone use bots for forum posting or social media? Any good ones to look into?

6. Automation - Are there any programs that I can select websites that I like articles from and set the program so it automatically populates that sites article on my website? -- not to steal content. Basically like a "breaking news widget" that lists a couple of sites that I like to display with the headline. An example I thought of would be like "Latest NFL Injuries" -- then have that link to relevant sites that post the latest and greatest ? I don't know if good idea or not.
    automated bot for dropping links will not help your SEO. it will crush your SEO.

silentpenguin is offline Private Member
    Thanks

1. In my opinion it's better to pay somebody to create you custom theme.