Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default No follow in Blogs

    I have a blog on my website and I use a noidex metatag for the archives and category tags to avoid dup content.
    Since I'm using a noindex, does google know not to give link priority to these pages? Basically every page in the blog links to the archive and category tags and I dont want google to make sitelinks for these pages.
    Will the noindex take care of that or should I use a nofollow on the links to these pages?
    Thanks!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    learn2holdem's Avatar
    learn2holdem is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JacobH View Post
    It is important to consider do follow blogs when you do blog posting or blog commenting, because you can easily get quality backlinks from it. It is also important to use relevant keywords to easily get traffic.
    Where is the spam squad today?

  3. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    I have a blog on my website and I use a noidex metatag for the archives and category tags to avoid dup content.
    Since I'm using a noindex, does google know not to give link priority to these pages? Basically every page in the blog links to the archive and category tags and I dont want google to make sitelinks for these pages.
    Will the noindex take care of that or should I use a nofollow on the links to these pages?
    Thanks!
    This is just speculation but... By linking (with or without the nofollow tag) to a noindex page you are possibly losing link juice. The linked page would still get the credit, but without being indexed would not be able to pass it back to other pages on your site.

    A better option would be to use the rel=canonical tag, and remove the noindex tags.

    (this is just a guess though...)
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  4. #4
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    That is a good suggestion, is there a plug in for wordpress that does this by chance?
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  5. #5
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    I agree with baldidiot here.

    There is a plugin here http://yoast.com/wordpress/canonical/ which I have been meaning to put in my personal blog for a while. May be of use to you however not tested yet.

    Cheers,
    Dave

  6. #6
    JoeAdams is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.2 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> “no follow” tags on your site only affects outgoing links from your site. It tells the search engine not to follow any outgoing links. “do follow and “no follow” tags are important depending on the purpose of your blog. For SEO like me, “do follow” tags on our blogs have a very significant value.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •