So I’m contacted by somebody named Rey Bongga, of RedRock (Oddsmaker.com) about link buying on my network.
I send them a rate card for my network. Rey passes it on to an Edith Gar, saying she makes final decisions, etc.
She chooses my most economic site, SportsLine360.com, which is frankly a link farm. It’s a mere $10 per month. She says she’ll pay $30 for six months. I tell her I only give discounts for long-term purchases over my entire network, e.g. buys of $1,500 or so.
She agrees to pay the exorbitant (sarcasm) $60 for six months. Exact cut and paste, “We would agree to $10 dollars per month. But we are interested only for 6mos, can you please work with us so that we can close this deal soon?”
Because of slow pay, it’s my policy money must be paid up front, but I’d never let that be a haggle point (some big time purchases did pay me within 48 hours of my putting the links of first), so I waive that policy.
She promises (again cut and pasted), “Great! Please send me your PayPal information, and once the ad is put up correctly I will send you the payment. Also I will be sending you the description soon.”
I live up to my end of this not-so-lucrative deal. I sent invoices via Paypal and reminders via email. I hear nothing.
Finally I give a deadline. I hear nothing. Deadline passes.
I take the link down as warned. So of course within about 12 hours of it being taken down, I finally hear from her, “I still do not see our link on the site. Please let us know where is it. Also i just checked with upper management reviewed this transactiong (sic) and they came up with the following and our budget has become $20 for 6 months, this is what we are able to offer right now.”
So after I agree to bend my policy and after she agrees to the rate, she then backs out telling me she will pay 33 percent of what she agreed to.
Allow my response to her to be a warning to fellow members:
“I took it down when payment was not received. Now that you are reneging on what you agreed on AFTER I put it up, I have no interest in ever doing business with OddsMaker ever.
I have too many honest sportsbooks to send my clients to. Thanks for helping me weed out the crooked ones. If you are baiting and switching for $40...$40...I can only imagine what you would do to clients I refer, some who are dime players.”


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote




