Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Womanpower is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Opening an online casino affiliate website

    hello! so for anyone who has time, I am in the process of opening my site but need some guidance before I do, I am speaking to a website developer but obviously to do this I need a good base as to where I am heading.
    I know that regarding the website I need plug ins etc and did my fair research on that part including SEO etc.
    What what region should I opt for? Ive been researching etc but I still dont understand what region I should go for, I am very lost.
    what should I do with this? Ive figured out a lot of stuff that I wanted to figure out by doing a lot of research, but this is just the part I am really stuck on. Please help! thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    So many variables to the questions you asked, many can not be answered without personal bias affecting the answer.

    For what country to target, you should target that one country no one else has. Oops, someone already is.
    Target the geo you feel most comfortable targeting.

    For what plugins to use, use the least number of plugins you can and only use those you need the functions from. If you are using a paid developer as it appears, they will help in that decision, but hopefully it is a developer that only uses plugins smartly for functions needed and understands not to use overlapping plugins.

    You are correct you need to do a lot of research, much of which can be done here at the GPWA just read a few years worth of posts here that cover various topics, and after that read a few more years of posts. This will help develop your base ideas, you need to develop these thoughts on what you feel comfortable with not by what someone else tells you.

    Once you have a better idea about that base, you will then be in a better place to get the help or suggestions needed to reach the goals you have set for yourself.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    BetterWorldCasinos (4 December 2023), Womanpower (2 December 2023)

  4. #3
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    You were very much at the start of this around 18 months ago, right Brooke?

    I would imagine that 18 months means you likely had other stuff come up, but has also given you lots of time to think and prepare. Hopefully you have a structure mapped out so you know where you're heading.

    So it's (probably) a good sign that you're asking specific questions of this type.


    But, for this one, it is also fundamental.

    Rick's right, ofc. Although you can also consider...

    1. Is there a market? In other words, a market big enough to be worthwhile, where players can play without fear? If they can, can they deposit and withdraw money freely? If they can't, are there alternative 'types' of casinos where they could? Do you have a chance of being competitive in that market, or at least truly understand the difficulties you have to overcome? What's the likely future for the market and its players?

    2. Assuming it's an affiliate income stream you want to achieve and that's the point of the exercise, can you actually earn (enough) money to make the effort (and the cost) worthwhile? Both now and in the future? (ie if you built a site and got traffic, are there casinos serving that geo that have terms and conditions that will be conducive to making money on an ongoing basis? - bearing in mind that some that may be worthwhile now may cease to be in future).

    3. Is it a predominantly English market? (I'd suggest there is no point in targeting a non-English geo with a pure English site, so that would bring in a need for translations).


    There are, ofc, other potential drivers for building a site other than to try and make affiliate income. I doubt if one of those are at play here, but if one is the case then it can negate (or reduce) the need for (some of) the considerations above.

    Also, bear in mind that an SEO-based approach has got significantly more testing in the last 18 months (it already was anyway, just a lot has happened to make it harder). That's not to put you off, just to recognize that building a site needs multiple skills and approaches (unless you have some clever ideas no one, or not many, have thought of).

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    BetterWorldCasinos (4 December 2023), universal4 (7 November 2023), Womanpower (2 December 2023)

  6. #4
    Adam Axelsson's Avatar
    Adam Axelsson is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2017
    Location
    Bali, Indonesia
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    I agree with Universal4 that you need to do a LOOT of research before starting out. And even so, you'll have to learn by trial and error. There is a lot of free material on SEO on Youtube. For example Ahrefs.com YT channel is a great start.

    I haven't tried it myself as i feel i've already come quite a long way since i started with Casino Affiliate Marketing (although i'm actually considering it still) but there are some courses online you can take also. The one that comes to mind is called CasinoAffMastery and the website is casinoaffmastery.com.

    A friend of mine that just started with affiliation is doing that one and he seem to talk about it all the time

    If you have any questions i'd also love to discuss it!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Axelsson For This Useful Post:

    Womanpower (2 December 2023)

  8. #5
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Here are a couple of points I can say in response to the original post:

    - What GEO to target?

    GEOs / regions differ by competition, search volumes, peoples interests, player value. Many more things as well, but probably makes sense to focus on these.

    Now, when you are about to decide, you can start thinking about the content you are going to produce. Are you going to create the content yourself? If so, do you know what your potential target region is interested in? Do you know enough about it to create good content? If you're planning to hire a writer, might not be relevant, but you'd need a good writer still.

    Another thing to think about is player value and competition. These two correlate strongly - high player value means tough competition. Tough competition - means (although other might disagree) more resources (time and money) you would potentially need to invest in order to get a return. What sort of resources do you have readily available?

    An alternative to the above would be going for markets with high search volumes, yet lower player value. In my experience it is easier to get the ball rolling there with minimal financial investments.

    p.s.
    oh and I'd recommend starting to actually do stuff, set it up in a way where you have a short feedback loop and can iterate quickly
    Last edited by PaulEchere; 8 November 2023 at 7:49 am.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulEchere For This Useful Post:

    Womanpower (2 December 2023)

  10. #6
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Hi! I see you've been part of the GPWA for quite some time, so I assume you've already been reading the threads available here.

    My primary advice would be to build relationships. I'm not sure how much trust you currently have with the website developer, but for me, an invaluable resource is having long-term collaborators who genuinely want what's best for me and my business and can explain things to me at a level I can understand.

    Regarding the region, which is what you're asking about, I would say it depends. Are you particularly drawn to a specific region? Do you know its regulations? Are you familiar with the characteristics of that market? Is your content in a language relevant to that market, or can you easily translate it?
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoDepositCasinos For This Useful Post:

    Womanpower (2 December 2023)

  12. #7
    Womanpower is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello Rick thank you so much for your lenghty reply! This may seem like a silly question to you as you are obviously very knowledgeable in this sector, To be fair I am a 22 year old girls trying to make a name in this sector which is hard and I am aware but I am ready to beat the obstacles, the question I have is, so if I decide to target LATAM and european couuntries, I will need to find operators that operate in these regions right? what if they operate in latam but not in europe or vice versa? do you think I should opt for only 1 GEO please ? Again thank you so much for your reply, I am constantly seeing posts on this forum and always happy to seeing you reply to most posts which is amazing!!

  13. #8
    Womanpower is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello CasinoMartini thank you for your reply. I was thinking about buying traffic, as I went to sigma recently and saw a lot of people marketing their traffic, I will still do the SEO related stuff and keywords etc, but I was thinking if buying traffic is reliable source please? Thanks again !!

  14. #9
    Womanpower is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello Chaumi Still remember that you replied to me over a year ago! thanks for being so consistent! Yes I am still 22 and I was finishing studies + have a full time job, but I never stopped doing my research in fact I just attended sigma alone 1 thing about what you said... you asked if it is an english market and I dont know what to opt for yet as I can see Latam is really hyped up right now, but then again I've been on some affiliate websites and there is a language change box on the site, why would this be please? If I choose Latam to market, I am willing to hire a translator so he can translate all the content and collaborate with the website developer, Thanks again for your reply!

  15. #10
    Womanpower is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2022
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hello and thank you so much for your reply! Yes I was thinking about hiring a content writer, just 1 question about the above, when you say more time and money, what do you mean by that please? genuine ask as I am a bit lost, what investment should I make to get high value players please ?

  16. #11
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Hi Brooke

    I can see you are serious about this project and have asked all the right questions and don't have the opinion of so many other new affiliates who seem to feel that casino affiliate marketing is easy money as it isn't!
    It takes a lot of time and hard work - the time can be reduced depending on the amount of hard work you put into it.

    Of course your life will be made easier if you can afford various specialists to do the bulk of the work for you as well!

    On that note, I am happy to help you in terms of writing content but I cannot pm you as you don't have enough posts, so feel free to contact me via email heather (@) topboss.com and I will be happy to help and also give you any advice you may need as I have been in this industry for 24 years so have a fair bit of knowledge and was once a newbie myself so I know how daunting it can be.... Oh ...and I am a girl too

  17. #12
    MDRN is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2023
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    It depends on which region you are most comfortable with in terms of knowledge. You should look at emerging markets, right now I feel African markets are a good bet, although it is a more volume based game there since average player values are low in my experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •