Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default Paying for articles

    What is the going price for articles, price for;

    200-300 word article
    300-500 word article
    600 word article

    For casino, sports and poker?

    Interested to know what people pay and charge here.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  2. #2
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    I generally buy articles at around £14 for 500 words, all of very high quality IMO. The guys I do this with used to be full time copywriters at my old SEO role, so they know their stuff, but have now set up there own company. Let me know if you want some contact details.

    ConnieB is cheap and also comes highly recommended from people on this forum.

    Cheers

  3. #3
    gayle's Avatar
    gayle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    I use www.textbroker.com for all article categories. I like their system in that you place your article for bidding by their writers. Tip: ask for a class 3 writer at a set amount/word and you can get class 4 or 5 for the same price. Also, be very specific about your requirements/keywords and they will do the seo as per your request. They also list their writers by specialty. HTH
    Gayle Mitchell
    writer/publisher

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to gayle For This Useful Post:

    TheGamblingGuru (31 October 2011)

  5. #4
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    You can get these now for $5 to $10.

    textbroker is great for everything you need to order texts

  6. #5
    playmaker003's Avatar
    playmaker003 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Go textbroker.com

    You can't beat textbroker.com! I pay between $5-10 for 300-500 word articles. I normally get 4 star which works for me.

  7. #6
    srtherock's Avatar
    srtherock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Article

    Hello, Please check your pmb. I send a mail with all details, Please check and let me know.

    Thanks

  8. #7
    DaveL's Avatar
    DaveL is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Personally I'd rather pay a bit more (and frequently do) for writers who actually know the subject as they are involved in it, rather than hiring cheaper freelancer who do work that's grammatically good but frequently misses key concepts or an insider's view of the subject.

    I've had lots of cheap content in the past, and most of it has ended up being binned due to it being poorly constructed from other sources. If you can find a writer who can write about a subject with passion, but also knows how it works due to their personal experience, then they're worth their weight in gold. I'd happily pay £10 - £25 for a 350 - 500 word article from that type of writer.

  9. #8
    gayle's Avatar
    gayle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    My take is that when you make a detailed and specific request, textbroker comes thru at a good price. As a gambling writer for many years, there are times, I need help with other topics, so TB to the rescue. Additionally, TB allows you to revise or reject content before payment. And yes, I have rejected some projects, but very few.
    Two examples from my experience are: 1) finding a professional video game writer who works for TB part-time. He did 12 articles and 2 quiz for me. I now have a go-to guy when I need future content of this type. 2) I needed 15 sports and skill game quizzes. I submitted an open order giving the writers the correct answer, but they had to create the question and two other wrong answers. I asked that they make the 'wrongs' credible, make it challenging with some humour. I received plenty of good content with a quick turnaround.
    I believe the excellent results came my way because I mapped out the projects with a detailed description before ordering, but that's me
    Your mileage may vary.
    Gayle Mitchell
    writer/publisher

  10. #9
    AndyBonus's Avatar
    AndyBonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    You get what you pay for when it comes to article writers. I pay a friend of mine who is retired and good at writing $15 per article of around 500 words and they have always been well researched and well written. Sometimes you can get articles for around $5 which are OK but you have to re-write them slightly to make sence.

    Now recently I paid $5 for 5 game articles and guess what? They were incredible!
    Infact they are so good, I will share the first one of them with you for free!

    Here it is.......

    About Games Online and the Benefits<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o> </o>
    The game is now preferred by most people and is now growing rapidly in the Internet-based industries. Many people can play these games together in a network, features entertaining games in between those provided by the Internet. This game is a source of fun for people of all ages. Online game includes a variety of flash games, action games, arcade games, free online strategy games free adventure games etc. The most popular among people who spend most of their online time on the internet where they can create new characters and become entities that can grow. There are free games available on the internet which can be downloaded easily. These online games can be played together, it's a good way to interact with family and friends.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    One of the most obvious advantage that online play is easily accessible from the routine, an online gaming site to hire a number of creative programmers who design new games every day, this game can be played online and free. The game board is the best example of such games in which two players needed to play. One more advantage of online gaming, which is often overlooked, is learning a new language. Since the online game has a lot of people from various places in the world and so people can interact via chat applications that are available to them on the site game. The game is also divided according to their themes. Some games called action games while others are arcade games, sports games, cards and so on. One thing is for sure that no matter what game you'll play will entertain you. This game is never boring from time to time.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    This game is very important for children. They teach them in a different way, As we can see, a good online game, developed with an effective strategy, can really help the sport spread to more people in the acceptance, especially among the younger generation because of the benefits offered. If you ever play games online then you should visit an online gaming site and have enjoyed every game of your interest. You will find it very fun to play this game, in the end, the way people spend their time can be changed through the game. The players just need to have self control. And one should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the game, and players should avoid addiction to online gaming.<o></o>

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone understands it, then please let me know, because I have not got a clue what it is about. I have another 4 like that but my head hurts too much to read them.

  11. #10
    srtherock's Avatar
    srtherock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Article

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Personally I'd rather pay a bit more (and frequently do) for writers who actually know the subject as they are involved in it, rather than hiring cheaper freelancer who do work that's grammatically good but frequently misses key concepts or an insider's view of the subject.

    I've had lots of cheap content in the past, and most of it has ended up being binned due to it being poorly constructed from other sources. If you can find a writer who can write about a subject with passion, but also knows how it works due to their personal experience, then they're worth their weight in gold. I'd happily pay £10 - £25 for a 350 - 500 word article from that type of writer.
    hi,

    I have gone through your post and tried to understood what your exact requirement is. Frank enough, i can assure you that best writing service from my end will be delivered to you so that you can reap unparalleled personalized service. Whatsoever be your writing requirement, we make sure that you receive error-free contents right on time.

    We have been into the field of content writing for long years and we boast of having vast knowledge and technical know-how of this profession. Our unique approach starts with an in-depth analysis and understanding of our client's expectation & organizational functioning.

    We have a group of highly talented and experienced SEO Content Writers and dedicated Editors who have been providing contents/articles for various sites and amongst them casino and dating deserve special mentioning. While providing Contents for Websites and Portals we guarantee you unique, thoroughly researched content, suitably formatted to get high search rankings in Search Engines.

    We believe in long-lasting relationship with our clients and be a proud partner in their growth. So, extending my helpful hands and waiting for your eager reply.

    Thanks

  12. #11
    AWH-Gemma's Avatar
    AWH-Gemma is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBonus View Post
    You get what you pay for when it comes to article writers. I pay a friend of mine who is retired and good at writing $15 per article of around 500 words and they have always been well researched and well written. Sometimes you can get articles for around $5 which are OK but you have to re-write them slightly to make sence.

    Now recently I paid $5 for 5 game articles and guess what? They were incredible!
    Infact they are so good, I will share the first one of them with you for free!

    Here it is.......

    About Games Online and the Benefits<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o> </o>
    The game is now preferred by most people and is now growing rapidly in the Internet-based industries. Many people can play these games together in a network, features entertaining games in between those provided by the Internet. This game is a source of fun for people of all ages. Online game includes a variety of flash games, action games, arcade games, free online strategy games free adventure games etc. The most popular among people who spend most of their online time on the internet where they can create new characters and become entities that can grow. There are free games available on the internet which can be downloaded easily. These online games can be played together, it's a good way to interact with family and friends.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    One of the most obvious advantage that online play is easily accessible from the routine, an online gaming site to hire a number of creative programmers who design new games every day, this game can be played online and free. The game board is the best example of such games in which two players needed to play. One more advantage of online gaming, which is often overlooked, is learning a new language. Since the online game has a lot of people from various places in the world and so people can interact via chat applications that are available to them on the site game. The game is also divided according to their themes. Some games called action games while others are arcade games, sports games, cards and so on. One thing is for sure that no matter what game you'll play will entertain you. This game is never boring from time to time.<o></o>
    <o> </o>
    This game is very important for children. They teach them in a different way, As we can see, a good online game, developed with an effective strategy, can really help the sport spread to more people in the acceptance, especially among the younger generation because of the benefits offered. If you ever play games online then you should visit an online gaming site and have enjoyed every game of your interest. You will find it very fun to play this game, in the end, the way people spend their time can be changed through the game. The players just need to have self control. And one should be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of the game, and players should avoid addiction to online gaming.<o></o>

    ----------------------------------------------------------
    If anyone understands it, then please let me know, because I have not got a clue what it is about. I have another 4 like that but my head hurts too much to read them.
    I couldn't do it, my head started hurting mid first paragraph

  13. #12
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    I have come to realize the best writing comes from writers who can really write a great open introduction. Depends what you need. If its reviews I believe you must have a really strong open line! - Lets face it when you go to an affiliate site do you read the whole thing? I really think people want to read exactly what they are looking for right away and unless the main theme of the content is said in the first 100 words its doomed to fail.

    For this reason I have had many many writers all doing great content - but my very last writer I have now really knows how to say things in the first part of the article that really gets them to stick!

    I try and test different articles - checking CTR rates, bounce rates, and various other metrics. I have some great tools now and want to get one other tool that actually can see where visitors are clicking on the article.

    Best bet is to get a writer who understands the niche, knows good call to action wording, does great layout and has a great opening that will knock your socks off!!

    With trial and error I have finally found the best poker writer i have had in 3 years! With some recent changes to content i have seen triple numbers with sign ups on those specific articles that were done by them!

    More important I look so forward to reading them! The game has changed - 100s of sites have all that regular info! Were all getting sick of it. This is why I am trying a new way forward - Something different - that will hook the visitor to continue reading.

    Focused on reducing bounce rates and giving no reason for the visitor to leave the page! Getting them to do what you want is an art! If you find a writer who understands this you got a gold mine!

    Cost wise - I am done with the cheap articles from now on - it all now will reflect on the writers skill level, how well the pages convert, what their experience is with writing affiliate review content and how well they know call to action implementation!

    I feel lucky enough to have found a single writer who knows all this!

    I can tell you from now on each new writer that comes my way - it will be like a job interview!! LOL! I wish i had one more writer like the one I have now for casino and bingo!!

    Cost wise: Anything below $50 for "money pages" is stiff! 500-600 words!

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFPC For This Useful Post:

    baldidiot (6 November 2011), drifter8 (6 August 2020), universal4 (5 November 2011)

  15. #13
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    After reading this thread I will give a try to textbroker can some give me a tip on how to use it effectively.

  16. #14
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Thank you for all your feedback... appreciated
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •