Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default What is an acceptable time for AM's to respond?

    Just curious, when you write an AM, what timeframe do you expect a response?

    12 hrs, 24, 48? Should they have weekend (day off) coverage?

  2. #2
    Smoking's Avatar
    Smoking is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 157 Times in 136 Posts

    Default

    I feel a few days is long enough!

    even on vacation/holiday some1 should cover the emails or they should

    Usually it does not take alot of time to check/reply to emails if done daily


    Bet Source for Casino Affiliates
    Visit BubbleProtection.com Now
    Post a quality gambling related article in http://www.gamblingshares.com the up and coming Premier Gambling Article Site

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoking For This Useful Post:

    mojo (27 May 2012)

  4. #3
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 125 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    They should respond within 2 working days imho
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  5. #4
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Personally, I am OK with a couple of work days for routine requests - perhaps a little sooner for financial requests.

    I don't EXPECT weekend turn-around, and also give allowances during conference schedules.

    If you email a direct email address for a person and they are on holiday- then a holiday bounce message with a suggested alternate is a good touch.

  6. #5
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Personally, I am OK with a couple of work days for routine requests - perhaps a little sooner for financial requests.

    I don't EXPECT weekend turn-around, and also give allowances during conference schedules.

    If you email a direct email address for a person and they are on holiday- then a holiday bounce message with a suggested alternate is a good touch.
    When affiliates are awaiting payment, it can be painful. The world seems to stop on holiday's and other events. I feel that AM's could be more sensitive to that.

  7. #6
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    I try to reply on the same day I receive an email or the following day at the latest. Plus I work from home and check my emails regularly so will usually respond on weekends too.

  8. #7
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    A couple of work days for me. I also make allowances for igaming conferences or special holidays.

  9. #8
    cass's Avatar
    cass is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 204 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    If it's during the week I expect a reply within 48 hours.

  10. #9
    iGamingWriter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    751
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    I'm of the mind that 24 hours during the business week is friendly, 48 hours during the business week is professional and any longer than that and i'm starting to get a little tetchy. Weekends i'm happy enough not to hear anything, but if it's going to be longer than that i want someone else responding or an out of office automated response.

    Looking at the good and the bad; i've has one AM reply within a couple of hours to tell me they were not long out of hospital and would get back to me as soon as they were back in the office - when you're seriously ill enough to be admitted to hospital, i'm sure i could let you off with the delay, but it was a damned nice thing to do. The flip side often comes when i have anything negative what-so-ever to say. This could be anything from having tested the casino CS and repeatedly not received a responce, to issues with terms and conditions, to highlighting complaints at mediation websites. Good AMs get back to you quickly, bad one will stop communicating all together.

    Personally i try to respond to all emails within 24 hours if i can, although i have to admit i'm not always successful.
    iGamingContent.co.uk - Content writing services by some of the most experienced and knowledgeable writers in the sector.

    BetBlocker.org - Responsible Gambling charity providing free blocking software to everyone.

  11. #10
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Withing 24 hours is ideal for me - add your AMs to Skype/MSN and then you can normally get a quicker response

  12. #11
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

  13. #12
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,105
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F-L-C View Post
    Within 48 is acceptable, I think it's ok not to work on the weekend though!
    Yeah I agree. All of us need a day off! More than two days' delay during the week is a little annoying though. When someone is out of office or on holiday it's so easy to just set up an automatic reply and forward the mail on to a colleague, so I really don't get why not all AMs do that.

  14. #13
    JackpotParty_Roxy's Avatar
    JackpotParty_Roxy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    I like to make sure I get back to my affiliates as quickly as possible - so most of my reponses are within a couple of hours after receiving the email. I am a bit of a workaholic and check my emails out of hours. If I can't offer answers straight away, expect updates until then.

  15. #14
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    I can't think of any of my AM's that would take 48 hours.

    Most are like Roxy and answer right away. Or within 12 - 24 hours depending on the time zone. Vacations we know ahead of time and it would be rare I would have to bother them. Even traveling for work they are always still available. I try to know the days off because they are not always sat & sun, so I don't have to bother them. But if I do, they still answer for the most part or someone else does.

    I think we need that to stay competitive in some circumstances. Thank you!

  16. #15
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,681
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Depends where they are located ,if I email a manager in Israel Thursday afternoon then I know they are gone until their Sunday Morning.As for counting on payments ,there was a time we could count on affiliate payments like a worker could count on a paycheck but not anymore .Processing times are slower than usual.

  17. #16
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I know isn't it lovely that payments are so timely...NOT...funny I bet all the affiliate managers get their paychecks on time.

    I also think we shouldn't have to wait more than a few days for a response of some sort, with a little extra time allowed for weekedns or holidays.

    It's really frustrating not to hear anything back within an acceptable time frame....as an example, during the second week of the month I wrote to one group requesting a discussion about my commissions with them this month, now I did state it wasn't necessary to drop what they were doing to look into it, but I did explain I wanted to hear from them THIS MONTH and I am still waiting....

    Guess who's exposure might be reduced this month?

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  18. #17
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Talk about irony.....geesh.....

    I just logged in to my email after posting the above and sure enough there was my email answer....

    Well, I originally stated as long as I heard back from them by the end of the month....and I did....lol

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  19. #18
    lmhiih is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    2 hours is good (-:

  20. #19
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ocreditor View Post
    , so I really don't get why not all AMs do that.
    The same reason you don't click the unsubscribe button in spam?

    Honestly, this is a double edged sword. If you got as much spam as I do, and I'm talking 200+ per day, you wouldn't have an autoresponder either because any that have a real address reply to will get the autoresponder and know that your email address is a real one, then more spam comes.

    In saying that, I think an autoresponder is necessary for long holidays. I also try to post here and on facebook, linkedin etc to let people know I'm away. And I also have the bb strapped to my face when I'm out of the office.
    We also have a little note we can leave inside an affiliate account that we manage where if you click the account manager tab it will tell you if we are away.

    I know isn't it lovely that payments are so timely...NOT...funny I bet all the affiliate managers get their paychecks on time.
    I cannot think of a time when we didn't pay on time
    In fact usually we pay 3-4 days early.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  21. #20
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    One business day is fine. Over the years I have whittled down my programs to ones that offer the best support to me and my players. The magority of programs respond in less than 24 hours during the week and I rarely look at my email over the weekend except for any player issues/questions so I am fine with the weekend/holiday delays.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •