Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Phobias anyone?

  1. #21
    rak's Avatar
    rak
    rak is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 334 Times in 258 Posts

    Default

    For me its tight cramped spaces. I'm ok for 5-6 seconds, then I lose it.
    When I was in Morocco the group I was with was walking between 2 building, along a street, the place so was tight, and cramped, that they stopped ahead, and I was stuck in the middle with people infront of me and behind, I was ready to rage.. before I said "hey.. move it.. we're stuck back here".. few more seconds and I would have been all over the place. I took a photo of the street between the 2 buildings, but it was easier to google what looks to be the same street!


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to rak For This Useful Post:

    Renee (10 July 2012)

  3. #22
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Damn, no thank you...
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    Renee (10 July 2012)

  5. #23
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Heather I'm really sorry to hear that. I think the ways technology has come over the last few years has somewhat ruined society a little and I'm sure has caused a lot of events like what happened to you. I really am sorry that it happened to you. I wouldn't blame you for not ever liking mobile phones again though. I think it would be warranted.

    @ Gabriel - do you not like those spiders because of the look of them/their size or because of how dangerous they are?

    I think we have the most dangerous spiders and snakes in the world in Oz. Some spiders actually chase you and try to jump on you, and they are the size of the head of a tablespoon. They are one of the most poisonous ones. Then you have red backs which grow so small you can almost never even see the red on their back until you've been bitten, or a white tip which once it bites you, the wound never heals. It just continues to eat the flesh.

    I say all this, but the risk of actually being bitten or even seeing one of these spiders is so minute that people don't even worry about it.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:


  7. #24
    p.arena is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 194 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    Living here in Costa Rica I have had a few experiences with spiders, I remember once I went to a cabin up in the jungle and I remember the ceiling of the cabin was full of banana spiders... if you dont know what a banana spider looks like then ill share a link.

    Banana Spiders!
    lol I had a look at the pics those spiders do seem pretty scary!
    Back in uni I studied biology and chose Invertebrate Zoology as one of the subjects, and during one of the practical lessons we studied these St Andrew's Cross spiders that look very similar to those banana spiders you mentioned. There was a big room at the uni that had dozens of the spiders in there with their X shaped markings on their webs and we observed them (through glass hahah).



    I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep with big spiders hanging overhead either, and would have slept in my car as well

  8. #25
    Golan.WingateAff's Avatar
    Golan.WingateAff is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    June 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    holy ****! (pardon my language)
    they're beautiful..

  9. #26
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.arena View Post
    lol I had a look at the pics those spiders do seem pretty scary!
    Back in uni I studied biology and chose Invertebrate Zoology as one of the subjects, and during one of the practical lessons we studied these St Andrew's Cross spiders that look very similar to those banana spiders you mentioned. There was a big room at the uni that had dozens of the spiders in there with their X shaped markings on their webs and we observed them (through glass hahah).



    I don't think I'd be able to fall asleep with big spiders hanging overhead either, and would have slept in my car as well

    I have overcome my fear of spiders, but being under a ceiling full of them would flip me out for sure.

  10. #27
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,369
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,111
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    Hi Guys, its good to hear everybody has weird and different phobias, I guess thats what makes us unique!

    I think I have a phobia for spiders and scorpions and those creepy crawlers... but little spiders dont really scare me... I think im only afraid of the big ones, im not sure if thats considered a phobia though! Can people outgrow phobias or are they stuck with it??

    Living here in Costa Rica I have had a few experiences with spiders, I remember once I went to a cabin up in the jungle and I remember the ceiling of the cabin was full of banana spiders... if you dont know what a banana spider looks like then ill share a link.

    Banana Spiders!

    I had to sleep in the car that night, it was a bad experience!

    In highschool I had a speaking in public fear! But I worked hard on it through college and was able to conquer that fear, I still get the jiggles before hand but not as bad, I think that normal though!



    Heather im very sorry to hear that, my sincere condolences.
    I would never sleep again if I were you - are those things poisonous????

  11. #28
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    haha thanks for understanding, I felt kind of bad because it was a family trip and I was the only one that went and slept in the car, my brothers made fun of me but I just couldn't. I kept thinking that if I fell asleep those spider would just crawl up my face and start eating it or something... haha.

    But yeah, I heard they are poisonous but as they always say " they are more afraid of you than you are afraid of them"!

    The strange thing is I'm kind of fascinated by spiders... but I don't want to have a big one around me, I guess thats a bit contradicting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •