-
9 September 2010, 10:29 am
#1
poker affiliate - Joomla Cms tips
Hi
I am working on a affiliate sites for pokerrooms. I am using joomlas cms. I am new to joomal, so i hope you can help me.
So my question if the are anybody outthere the also use joomla?
And can you maybe post you link to you website, so i can see your joomla site. And maybe tell me, if the are some good extensions for a affiliate site for pokerrooms.
Sorry about my english, not so good to english. But i hope you guys understand my questions.
Regards
bollie1
-
-
9 September 2010, 12:54 pm
#2
I use Joomla for my bingo site. I try to use as few extensions as possible, so I am probably not the right one to ask about those. I would say do explore the features that are in Joomla already before looking into extensions.
There are a few good tutorials on the web I think for Joomla in general, although I bought a couple of books (second hand from eBay!) as I tend to work that way. There is a thread about Joomla CMS and extensions for SEO etc. here:
https://www.gpwa.org/forum/joomla-se...ps-190854.html
The only other extension I have added since I posted there has been one for adding meta data for sections and categories.
-
-
13 September 2010, 11:05 am
#3
HI RayUK
Ty for the answer, i will reseach joomla.org. See if i can find some good extensions
Regards
Bollie1
-
-
13 September 2010, 11:23 am
#4
The thing to do (in my view) is to use Joomla, and when you get to a point where you think 'I wish it would do that' then search for an extension that will allow it to do 'that' - the chances are other people have the same need and there is an extension for it.
Anyway, hope it goes well. I do like Joomla although I am looking forward to the improvements in 1.6 once that settles and becomes at least somewhat mature.
-
-
2 January 2011, 11:21 am
#5
I use Joomla for my gambling sites (example: no deposit bonus site)
Hi,
my sites are nearly all made with Joomla. I found nothing ready made, so I started to work out a system what would fit to the most gambling related sites for indexing all gambling providers. Have a look at my no deposit bonus site.
There I use sobi2 as content construction kit, made a custom coded template plus all modules. It´s not ready to 100%, but you can see all in action and still running. The modules on the frontpage are all custom coded and the data is all from the cck - also the data in the tab.
I´m now collecting all providers data and features - this will be published on all sites, just every text is unique SEO-content plus keyword related to each site.
The detailed view of Absolute Poker no deposit bonus for example has demo data now inside, I will overwork everything in detail the next week and will work again on this project. So for me a cck with a good coded template is the best for your Joomla related site. Maybe I will plan in future make a commercial version of my template to sell it. I´m open for any ideas and reviews of my "component"" for gambling related site what use Joomla as CMS.
-
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules