MegaPari is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Default Privacy VS Personalization

Hey guys. Today I've found an article that touches upon data protection and personalization in the gambling industry. Here is a quote I liked:
    72% of people will stop engaging with a company completely if they have concerns over data collection, while also saying that 76% of players prefer hyper-personalisation over mass marketing techniques.
    The article outlines player's behavior when it comes to data privacy: customers are aimed at services that provide transparent data usage and storage.
    "Gaming operators are walking a knife edge" while balancing between increased focus on privacy and individual manner of promoting their services to customers.

More: https://www.gamblinginsider.com/in-d...nly-by-success

And now a question to players: would you trade more of your private information for a more personalized gaming experience? Yes?No?Why?

chaumi is online now Private Member
    Thanks

Similar to your other thread, I suspect you're not asking the right audience these types of 'player viewpoint' questions, MegaPari.

In the main, this audience here is not 'normal' or representative of 'normal' gamblers in the street.

You could get answers, but they'll be influenced by the fact that the responders here know the industry pretty well. By running websites, you could make a wild guess that they might know 10-50 times more than the average gambler.

So...on a personal level....no, I don't need and won't respond to personalized advertising. So I wouldn't give more info that would enable it.

Why? Because I know what's available, I know what's good/not good, and I know where to get it. What I don't know, I know there are hundreds of websites that will tell me. And for most of those, I know what they are and which ones to trust.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

AussieDave (12 October 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaumi View Post
    Similar to your other thread, I suspect you're not asking the right audience these types of 'player viewpoint' questions, MegaPari.
    In the main, this audience here is not 'normal' or representative of 'normal' gamblers in the street.
    I would not divide users into normal or not
    That is just a nice topic to discuss, I guess. If people have got vast experience in the industry, it is even more intriguing to hear different points of view regarding UX and marketing tools.
    Last edited by MegaPari; 12 October 2022 at 11:49 am.

AussieDave is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,179 Posts

Your asking a LOT of questions, which, make it seem like, your using the GPWA members as some type of free-polling service.
    ---
    Compliance: a code word for control

---
    Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. It's called integrity.
    ---

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AussieDave For This Useful Post:

gm2891 (12 October 2022)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    Your asking a LOT of questions, which, make it seem like, your using the GPWA members as some type of free-polling service.
    No hidden intentions!