gamblergb is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Question about data-providers

Hello everybody.

We have this website www.oddscheck.com, its a odds-comparison page. We're pretty new and we're still developing it. Our biggest issue, for now, is our odds feeds. We have our own data-developer team, and they have parsed the odds-feeds from the bookmakers.

But, most of the odds we're showing are wrong or with huge delay of 1-2 hours, and it's no go.

I had a little discussion with our CEO about buying the odds-feeds from other providers. He is telling me that it's illegal to buy odds-feeds from a provider like www.sportmonks.com , I think their price was about 150 monthly for about 30+ bookmakers. Is it illegal to buy the odds-feeds from them? And lets say get their odds-feeds, is it possible afterwards to make affiliate partnerships with the bookmakers, even we bought the odds-feeds from SportMonks?

I hope somebody can help me out

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

No, it's not illegal. Sportmonks are a great choice.

And yes, you can make partnerships with affiliate programs.

One thing you can't do is deep linking since Sportmonks don't have that info in their feed. For any extended functionality such as deep linking you'd have to use the original bookmaker feed.

gamblergb is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying.

So by deep linking you're meaning the bet-slip right?

But if we bought the odds-feeds from Sportmonks, could we just add our existing bookmaker feeds in their feeds?

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

Yes, I mean any kind of link to the match, market or odds, including remote betslip. Sportmonks API doesn't have any linking information.

You can choose to not use Sportmonks feed for a specific bookmaker and use your own original feed for that bookmaker instead.