-
Question about setting search engine spidering frequency
Hi, I just noticed a hidden page on my cms where I can set the frequency of search engine spidering and noticed that it was set to monthly for most of my pages! That certainly explains a lot. My question is if I switch all the pages back suddenly to be always spiderable could that have a negative effect on my rankings? Does google place some kind of value on you disciplining yourself to indicate when it should and shouldn't bother spidering? If not I don't see what the point of having the ability to set the frequency and why it was in the cms in the first place.
If anyone can shed some light on this topic I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
-
-
I wouldn't class myself an expert on this area as I have never really dabbled in spider frequency control, but then again I don't think anyone should unless the site is 20,000+ pages in size or has a lot of archived pages - in which case priorities should be established.
You may (but I doubt it) experience some sort fluctuation through changing this, the same way you will get a quick fluctuation when you change text on your page. I would change it and let it all flow naturally, let Google do there thing. It certainly shouldn't have any negative implications that come to mind right now, you may even get a boost on some of your pages if they are updated frequently!
-
The Following User Says Thank You to davemerry For This Useful Post:
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules