-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,686 Posts

Default Recommend Google+ Authors for me to follow

I'm not a facebook fan (too much drama and a time waster) and I dabble a little in twitter. I have a Google+ account and though I've not yet spent any significant time "with" my Google+ account, I strongly suspect that this social media profile is the right fit for me. I'm sure I'll figure that out rather quickly in the next week or two, as my interest in Google+ will either maintain and increase or this will become yet another social platform that I take on and then my interest fizzles.

With that in mind, what authors & writers should I be following in the gambling industry if I am looking for truly informative, interesting, & expert voices? Please note, I'm not looking for someone who will promote any operator willing to pay their "listing fee". I'm not looking for someone who simply regurgitates everyone else's opinion. I'm looking for Authors who are true champions of their industry that I would be proud to have my profile associated with as a follower.

Additional note, I'm not looking to swap follows, as I feel my work, shares, and posting activity will speak for itself. Just as some will earn their way into my circles, I believe I too should have to earn my way as well. When and if I adopt Google+ as a social platform of choice, I'm certain I'd more than earn my keep - but let me show you instead of telling/promising you.

Thus, if you think I should be following you or know of an expert author who I should be following based on what I've said above, please post here. Feel free to simply name drop or provide links. Either way, my slightly but not much higher than high school education should allow me to find my way to the aforementioned author.

Cheers,

Shay

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 2,003 Posts

I've never found anything on Google+ that I would call informative ...
    To be fair it's very similalr with facebook - but at least it's got contacts with people I know getting on with their lives.

Google+ seems to have no genuine users, it's all marketing and sales.
    TRying to get Google's attention I guess ...

Let us know if you find anything worthwhile.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (15 September 2013)

-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,686 Posts

I think you've summarized my reluctance to use any type of social media for professional purposes. I am hoping that I find G+ to be useful - otherwise it will end up being yet another started and then abandoned social profile to add to my CV.