Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Not adding new sites vs seo

    I planned myself a project for a fixed number of subpages. I'm wondering what this looks like from an SEO standpoint. After all, content is important, and it seems like it should be created continuously.
    Is the addition of new pages any significant factor that may affect other pages?
    Google might penalize a site's lower ranking for not adding new pages?

    Let's say, for example, that a site has a fixed number of subpages of about 100-200 in a narrow niche.
    New pages are not added, but existing pages are updated and improved on a regular basis.

  2. #2
    PaulEchere's Avatar
    PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2020
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 230 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Imo adding new pages doesn't contribute to SEO of existing ones unless they are somehow related and complement each other.

    I suppose here may be many examples where a website with a small number of pages ranks well in its own niche as long as the content is relevant up to date an (to a certain extent) useful.

  3. #3
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    i did something years ago and it affected my negatively, So I removed them, I think my result may have been different if I started with sub domains upon construction however I imagine other affiliates may have had better experience


  4. #4
    Bonushint's Avatar
    Bonushint is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2023
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulEchere View Post
    Imo adding new pages doesn't contribute to SEO of existing ones unless they are somehow related and complement each other.

    I suppose here may be many examples where a website with a small number of pages ranks well in its own niche as long as the content is relevant up to date an (to a certain extent) useful.
    It does have an impact, believe me. The more paths and texts you have coming from the sitemap, the more Google likes it and recognizes them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •