Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default Redirect loop issue

    At some point last year (I think) I bought mobilecasinos.co, mainly because I was setting up (which, tbf, I still am) mobileslots.co and I thought they made a nice pair.

    Anyway, it was an existing site and I've not done anything with it since except move it to one of my servers but now it keeps throwing out redirect loop errors whenever you use a link to try and navigate to another page on the site. If you visit any page directly it's fine though.

    Sounds like a plug in causing havoc, right? Well I disabled them all and the problem went away so I started bringing them back one by one to try and figure out which one it was, but everything worked fine.

    A week later it happened again so I disabled all plugins and that seemed to fix things, except this time I didn't enable any of them again but the problem still came back a few days later.

    Spoke to the host who are adamant it's an issue with a plug in...

    Any suggestions on what could be the cause? I'm tempted to just strip it down and start again and we're going to redevelop it anyway at some point in the not too distant future, but would be quicker to use a less nuclear option if possible.

  2. #2
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    After inducing the loop by clicking on one of the "Review" links, I got another loop error message when clicking on mobilecasinos.co link in your post. Now the site won't load at all.

    Check .htaccess and check plugins one by one slowly.

    Check for custom coding in the theme, child theme or in Wordpress PHP files. Could be something there.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (9 June 2015)

  4. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Yeah that's what happens for me. The redirect loop happens first and then the server locks your IP out as a security measure.

    All plug ins disabled completely (folder renamed) so definitely not a plug in. Also nothing in the htaccess file that would be causing it (fairly basic stuff in it)...

    I didn't think of looking at the theme itself though - you may be on to something there, thanks!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  5. #4
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Are you using ssl or cloudflare? I had a redirect problem solved by a plugin called 'ssl redirect' or something.

  6. #5
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    Are you using ssl or cloudflare? I had a redirect problem solved by a plugin called 'ssl redirect' or something.
    No to both of those!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  7. #6
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Did you check your error log, to see if anything is in there? I'm on Krystal Hosting and the last time this happened, they asked for an account, turned on the debugging mode (Wordpress) and found out the problem. In my cause though it was something simple, that I had put there.

    So my guess is, if you wanna look for the problem yourself turn on debugging (r u on Wordpress?) and follow it.

  8. #7
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Oh yeah, good point - thanks!
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •