Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default The Royal Wedding

    I happen to be up very early here (5:30am) to watch it.

    The Queen is just arriving. The bride is on the way. How beautiful the whole thing is!

    Gosh, the hats!

    I'm one of those Royally fascinated Americans. I will probably cry!

  2. #2
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Watching as well, my wife's alarm for it woke me up...

    Gotta love the hats!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  3. #3
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    It's madness here in the UK - street parties planned this afternoon throughout the country.

    Great day in modern history

  4. #4
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    That was well done indeed. They look so happy.

    Parties seem like the right thing to do lol. Enjoy!

  5. #5
    CasinoTom's Avatar
    CasinoTom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 48 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    with the amount of British expats here in the Malta office (me being one of them), we've redecorated the whole place with bunting, flags and have a healthy array of champagne, scones, cucumber sandwiches and alike.

    I'm not a royalist at all, but with all the things that have been going on in the world lately, it is nice to have an event like this for people to get excited about. Weddings are always a good occasion for a celebration and a few smiles, so it's nice that this one has such a wide reach.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to CasinoTom For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (29 April 2011)

  7. #6
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    Cucumber Sandwiches? Do tell how do you make those??

    Happy day for sure....just watched the whole thing myself and thought it was just beautiful. Kate is the perfect princess and William is her knight in shinning armor....every little girls dream come true!
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  8. #7
    CasinoTom's Avatar
    CasinoTom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 48 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giggles7p View Post
    Cucumber Sandwiches? Do tell how do you make those??
    It's very technical, a secret recipe passed down through British families for generations. Get 2 slices of bread, and betwixt those layer delecately with sliced cucumber. Serve with a stiff upper lip

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucumber_sandwich

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CasinoTom For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (29 April 2011)

  10. #8
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Seeing as how we used to be a British Colony we are still very interested in anything having to do with England.

    Here we set up the projector in the office and watched the whole thing on giant screen. Then we had a party with snacks, sandwiches, soft drinks and a yummy chocolate cake
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #9
    AWH-Gemma's Avatar
    AWH-Gemma is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 93 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Its business as usual here! No scones or sandwiches *sob*

    My facebook feed has all the brits on it talking about the fact that there are street parties going on everywhere, sounds like a good day to be back in Blighty!

  12. #10
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I will probably cry!
    I think my countrymen still living in Britain and paying tax there will start crying when it comes to pay the bill!

    Of course, I agree this a big day and provides a sense of occasion but I'd much prefer a constitutional Republic with a Prime Mister and a President

    ORF WIV THEIR 'EDS!

  13. #11
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!!

    I'm not exactly an anglophile, but I couldn't help knowing that today was the big event. Since I'm always up at that time, and it was on many, many channels, I watched from various perspectives, including the BBCA. Of course the BBC was much more informative about the minutiae.

    The best thing is that they know each other so well, and like each other as people, too. That bodes well for their future. I do want them to be happy in their marriage, and Will was smart to take the time to be sure it was what they both wanted to do, and that she wasn't still a child when they got married.

    It's very sweet that Brits put on a good show for this. Pomp is what you do very well. I just googled to find out what Will's surname is: Mountbatten-Windsor, how about that? His Grandmother's name is last, of course. At least Katie got all his names right.

    Her gown was just perfect, and he looked so handsome in his uniform, one of the many he is entitled to wear, I'm sure. And they said she will be keeping house for him at his location in Wales. A housewife, imagine that?

    Since they are both 29, I'm sure they will get busy starting their family right away!!
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  14. #12
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,354
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,103
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    I have to confess I got caught up in all the Royal wedding mania yesterday too. It was a great party. I actually read in the paper this morning that Kate was the daughter of a "wealthy commoner" and that she has worked for living since leaving university. Well fancy that -working for a living, perhaps she'll be the most down to earth member of the family. Did they really say she was going to be a housewife now? I wonder if she really had a choice about that....

  15. #13
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Some bookmakers had odds whether the bride was going to arrive early, on time or late. What time did she arrive ?

  16. #14
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Bah humbug. I hated the whole thing. I couldnt give a flying toss what happens to two people I don't know and will never meet. Glad it's over with and I can watch the TV again.


  17. #15
    graham's Avatar
    graham is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts

    Default

    I also don't understand why so many people around the world (especially those with no english heritage) even care about this. I guess on the positive it is all over with now

  18. #16
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FictionNet View Post
    Bah humbug. I hated the whole thing. I couldnt give a flying toss what happens to two people I don't know and will never meet. Glad it's over with and I can watch the TV again.

    Basically, it's an "event" and romance. Since their gig has been going on since about 1066, they have the longest running show around. This girl comes along and snags a prince, so it's intriguing.

    Besides, it's just beginning, not over at all. Not only was this on about 19 channels at the same time, it seems they have all had reruns continuously ever since.

    I live about 30 miles away from a tornado ravaged area where 15 ppl were killed, and when I went to watch the news, the wedding was on. No news to be found locally, since this was being broadcast on all the local channels. So I tried to get info from CNN, and no luck there either.

    So I just went with the flow, and jumped around some and found come commentary on BBC where they seemed to be more knowledgeable. Once I got into it, it was very interesting. Most intriguing were the fashions, esp the faux pas, like the girls with the strange hats sitting behind the Queen! I think they were her granddaughters, sitting where they were.

    So, over the course of time, we'll be bombarded with "way too much information" about them, just like with Diana.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  19. #17
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    I was born in England but left when I was 2 years old and then went back for a few years when I was about 10, but I still consider myself as British - still have my British passport etc despite living in South Africa most of my life. My parents always followed the british traditions when they were alive and it was and still is traditional to have a Sunday roast, yorkshire puds etc here in SA.
    I enjoyed the wedding and it made me proud to be British!

  20. #18
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    I saw a small part of the ceremony! But it looked great! I cant believe so many people around the world tuned in to see it! I love how it brings the whole world together

  21. #19
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Very valid POV's here! It's always interesting to me to see different views from all of us and different cultures all over the world.

    For me it was a bright spot and reprieve from the usual bad news and a joy to watch. I'm grateful for being allowed to share it and the happiness was infectous. It was an occasion for British pride and I thought it was wonderful!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (1 May 2011)

  23. #20
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I have weird mixed feelings about weddings so I didn't watch it. Everyone was going on about it over the weekend here though..

    I personally think Prince William made a very good choice in Kate Middleton. She is such an elegant woman and in many ways is a lot like his mother.. I think William is a pretty handsome man. Not really my type but handsome none the less..

    I always wonder how Charles managed to snag Diana, and then end up with someone like Fergie.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •