Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,976
    Thanks
    4,537
    Thanked 9,295 Times in 5,979 Posts

    Default Sad News about John Abbott Founder of GoneGambling

    It is with great sadness that I make this post.

    Late last night we learned that a former affiliate, John Abbott, that was rather well known in the Industry a number of years ago had passed away. He had been fighting cancer for about 5 years and lost that battle yesterday.

    For those that may not recognoze the name, he was the original founder and owner of gonegambling, and most of you that have been around very long will recognize the site name.

    We do not have a lot of details at this point, and we have reached out to a few of his long time friends Debbee (greedygirl) as well as Bryan over at Casinoneister. Here is the announcement from Debbe over there.
    https://www.casinomeister.com/forums...ad-news.97365/

    I personally did not know John well but certainly knew his site, since like a few of us old timers, only a handful of us had sites back in the late 90's before online gambling was a "thing".

    I have tried to get in touch with a few of his friends from years ago that I am certain would want to be informed, and I apologize for anyone I might have missed as I have been juggling some of the various time zones in different countries to try and make contact.


    Rick

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (24 May 2022), CPReport (25 May 2022), Former Member 14 (23 May 2022), Martyn (26 May 2022), star (24 May 2022), The Buzz (24 May 2022), Topboss (24 May 2022)

  3. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,149
    Thanked 3,004 Times in 2,216 Posts

    Default

    I’m terribly sorry to read about this very sad news today
    RIP John. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Sad news indeed. RIP John.

    We used to speak (phone) on a regular basis, way back in the early days (circa 2001). Like myself, John was an Aussie too.

    Condolences to family, friends and anyone who knew him.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    casinobonusguy (23 May 2022), Topboss (24 May 2022), universal4 (23 May 2022)

  6. #4
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Very sad news indeed. There is not many of us "old timers" left!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (24 May 2022)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    You know ladies and gents, it's times like this, when, one really gets to look at oneself, and decide what's really important. I know we're all vying for, at times, the same traffic/players, and sometimes, well... I can only speak for myself, but ego sometimes clouds judgment. You know folks like it or dislike it, we'll all on the ship per se together. If at any time I've upset people with what I've said, it was never personal. However, for what it's worth, I'm sorry.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (26 May 2022), Cash Bonus (24 May 2022), casinobonusguy (24 May 2022), chaumi (24 May 2022), CPReport (25 May 2022), universal4 (24 May 2022)

  10. #6
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,678
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Well said Dave , when I went through my cancer 5 years ago I had a couple affiliates from here offer to run my business for free ,that is what friends do. Thankfully we managed but we do have a couple close friends who we have made a pact with ,if worst case ever happens we will be there for our families.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (24 May 2022)

  12. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,149
    Thanked 3,004 Times in 2,216 Posts

    Default

    That's really nice and touching what you said, Dave. We're all in it together and that's very true. This is hard for me to say, but I lost my dad to leukaemia nearly 20 years ago and even until now, I still miss him a lot and it really hurts. It never gets any easier and the pain of it all is very unfair.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    chaumi (25 May 2022), Former Member 14 (24 May 2022)

  14. #8
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    You know ladies and gents, it's times like this, when, one really gets to look at oneself, and decide what's really important. I know we're all vying for, at times, the same traffic/players, and sometimes, well... I can only speak for myself, but ego sometimes clouds judgment. You know folks like it or dislike it, we'll all on the ship per se together. If at any time I've upset people with what I've said, it was never personal. However, for what it's worth, I'm sorry.
    I totally agree Dave

    Haha I remember back in the day you were one of my most disliked people as I had been promoting some casinos that you considered as undesirable ( they were subsequently removed ) however you laid into me with no holds barred and called me unethical and a bunch of other names I cannot repeat lol It actually very nearly made me leave the industry as I was so deflated. I was also very sensitive back in those days having just lost my brother to suicide, so I wasn’t in a good space and your comments came at the worst time.

    However, your accusations were not without merit but it was just the way you went about lambasing me publicly that upset me so much! But luckily I was able to move on and forgive you as time went by.

    It takes a big person to apologise though and your words above means I can finally put it to bed once and for all, so Thank you for that
    Last edited by Topboss; 25 May 2022 at 2:32 am. Reason: punctuation

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (25 May 2022)

  16. #9
    BCGame Affiliates's Avatar
    BCGame Affiliates is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2021
    Location
    Sunny South Africa
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 65 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Rest in peace John. Condolences to all his friends and family.
    Kind Regards,
    Kaleb

    https://bc.game/
    Email: kaleb@bcgame.com
    Skype ID: live:.cid.75f39c9d6d4373ab

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •