Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default Safe in Central Florida

    Hurricane Milton Oct 2024

    Just touching base here with a few who have asked or wondered how many members we have in central Florida as we stare in the face of how powerful nature can be.

    I have been in contact with a few folks (some of the old timers) who have ties to the center of the state.

    For background I am 30 miles ish south of Orlando (just east of Haines City) and on the north side of the projected path of the eye of the storm. (by the way this is known as the "dirty side" of the storm)

    For me it is just about waiting now, oh and eating as much of the food in the freezer as I can in case.

    Ben I haven't heard from you today, but looks like you are a bit above the path but I am sure you have been making your normal storm plans as well.

    I have been in contact with CPA, once the storm started a more southerly path, it helped him get out of the direct path on the west coast. I won't say exactly where he is but sorta near the big bend are so this is his second storm this season.

    Nicole, I forget how far north of Orlando you are exactly, but you are sure to see some pretty strong tropical storm winds, if not hurricane force, from this one.

    Hey Jarvi, if you see this, not sure you are back in the US right now but drop me a line. If you are in the US on the east coast, thinking you should be plenty out of the path.

    Anyone else in the central Florida area, let us know, or drop me a line privately if you prefer as it is nice to know who else is near the area.

    For everyone anywhere near this thing, be safe and be sure to check in later in the week to let everyone know you are ok.

    Rick
    Universal4

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    big fish (11 October 2024), Cash Bonus (9 October 2024), chaumi (10 October 2024), DaftDog (10 October 2024), edgarf76 (11 October 2024)

  3. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Cool it slowed down and is only 120mph now at 6pm eastern.

    Rick
    Universal4

  4. #3
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 605 Times in 475 Posts

    Default

    I've been following it on the news here in the UK, thankfully looks like it weakened a little but still a monumental storm.

    Stay safe everyone who's affected.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  5. #4
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    I heard from Rick this morning. His power is out (along with 3.4 million in FL) and his roof is "mostly" intact.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  6. #5
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Could have been a lot worse, it appears (although there is obviously some damage) that Florida really dodged a bullet big time.

    Brings back memories of the big UK storm, 1987 I think. Forecasters said in the evening it might be a bit windy that night, 15 odd million trees down later they were backtracking somewhat. Now the forecasters (here) tend to warn the world might end every time it's windy enough to blow a candle out.

    But Milton did look menacing in the extreme, that was for all to see. Fortunate that it didn't show (or does't appear to have shown, going by the figures bouncing around) fully what it was thought capable of.

    Hopefully, all here who are in FL escaped with manageable damage at the worst.

  7. #6
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    9,155
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I'm terribly sorry to hear, Rick. I really hope that you're doing alright.

  8. #7
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    I hope all you guys stay safe.
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  9. #8
    big fish is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,425
    Blog Entries
    32
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 133 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    All is ok here, thanks rick. hope all returns to normal for you soon...
    - Big Fish - Founder of Wagerz.org, CasinoOnline.us & SportsGambling.us

    1. https://wagerz.org: Discover the best legal US online gambling sites for real money play. Wagerz is a United States online casinos and sports betting guide.

    2. https://sportsgambling.us: Find USA sports betting websites that are legal and licensed in the United States of America.

    3. https://casinoonline.us: Compare the top USA online casinos with fact-checked reviews of legal casino sites for American players.

  10. #9
    jarvi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 448 Times in 282 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the run down Rick and good to hear people all good. I'm not in Florida at the moment and usually in the north Palm Beach county area, which was a bit south of this one.
    James

  11. #10
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Glad to hear everyone is safe so far.

    I thought this one was gonna be golden, and in fact was speaking with a friend in SA as the storm rolled through and we had both monitored the eye was over the east coast, Cape Canaveral and Titusville area when thing started to stabilize for internet on the east coast data centers. I had heard from Heather during that time and funny enough had just sent her an all clear and then bam, I lost power on the back side of the storm.

    I just got power back an hour ago so I have a lot of cleanup to do. My generator actually fired up fairly easy, but developed such a bad fuel leak right away it wasn't safe to use.

    I had a bit of roof damage, lost a lot of shingles but it appears so far structurally its ok. A number of neighbors lost a window here and there, one lost a sliding glass door, a few lost fences but as far as I know no one was hurt or lost any roof's completely. (everyone noted mine was worst damaged) Had one small area the soffit got messed up but looks like a simple fix on that, even the J channel that came down decided to stay near by so that might be a simple fix.

    Really nice to have a real cup of coffee this afternoon, I really dislike instant coffee.

    I feel like I haven't slept in days.

    Rick

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (11 October 2024), NoDepositCasinos (12 October 2024), Topboss (12 October 2024)

  13. #11
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    9,155
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Glad to hear everyone is safe so far.

    Really nice to have a real cup of coffee this afternoon, I really dislike instant coffee.

    I feel like I haven't slept in days.

    Rick
    I'm happy and relieved that you're safe and well, Rick.
    Please take it easy on yourself my friend and get as much rest as possible. We all care about you very much.

  14. #12
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Glad to hear you are safe and sound Rick.

    The house can be repaired...but you can't be!

  15. #13
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Glad to hear everyone is safe so far.

    I thought this one was gonna be golden, and in fact was speaking with a friend in SA as the storm rolled through and we had both monitored the eye was over the east coast, Cape Canaveral and Titusville area when thing started to stabilize for internet on the east coast data centers. I had heard from Heather during that time and funny enough had just sent her an all clear and then bam, I lost power on the back side of the storm.

    I just got power back an hour ago so I have a lot of cleanup to do. My generator actually fired up fairly easy, but developed such a bad fuel leak right away it wasn't safe to use.

    I had a bit of roof damage, lost a lot of shingles but it appears so far structurally its ok. A number of neighbors lost a window here and there, one lost a sliding glass door, a few lost fences but as far as I know no one was hurt or lost any roof's completely. (everyone noted mine was worst damaged) Had one small area the soffit got messed up but looks like a simple fix on that, even the J channel that came down decided to stay near by so that might be a simple fix.

    Really nice to have a real cup of coffee this afternoon, I really dislike instant coffee.

    I feel like I haven't slept in days.

    Rick
    I'm glad that you, your home, and your neighborhood are okay and that the situation didn't worsen. Be easy on yourself; such stressful situations take their toll, and it's better not to underestimate them. We'll keep Florida in our prayers. Please stay safe.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •