Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default Same Page Ranking Twice for Same Keyword

    I have been monitoring a certain KY lately and never really went a page past my current spot. But today, I was looking for another website of mine that also ranked for this keyword and when I went from the 3 page (current rank is 27) to the fourth page, the same exact page is ranking at 31. This all on a subdomain so I don't think is it is a canonical domain issues, not to mention I have that taken care of anyway.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    must have been a short-term hiccup. I was looking at the results again and I saw two listing like before. I refreshed the search and one listing was gone....too bad it was the the better ranking one, lol. Oh well, I have been dancing anyway after doing some off-site SEO. I will have to see where I settle in a couple of weeks.

  3. #3
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    I sometimes see this when SERPS are beginning to fluctuate for a specific keyword.

  4. #4
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    This keyword has been in flux since the PayDay Loan Update. I actually jumped up about 15 spots, though I am back down 3-5 as of today. Cutts did say this update will be going on for a few weeks, so it could still be that or my site is dancing a little.

  5. #5
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    i read they just did an update for car insurance keywords. I haven't seen anything fluctuations however I looked at my backlink report in webmaster tools. I have a ton of backlinks from a viagra forum, I think I got hit with negative SEO. So far I have not seen a change, has anyone had this happen?
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  6. #6
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    I look at my backlinks in WMT periodically, but I have never seen anything suspicious. This particular KW is the only one I track that I saw fluctuation in since the Pay Day Loan update. I wouldn't be surprised if this keyword was part of the update, as it does have decent competition, converting traffic and I would suspect many sites trying to rank for it - both quality and spam sites.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •