Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Seo

  1. #1
    bettingmaster is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Seo

    I've been doing SEO Since 2012, and I've picked up quite a lot of knowledge and experience since then. For anyone who wants to know, I thought I'd sketch what I believe makes for good SEO

    Technical: You need a good technical foundation to your website. This means good hosting, an SSL, good URL structure, internal linking, breadcrumb trails, etc.

    Content / On Page: You need high quality content, which is useful for users. Spamming your site with useless content is not a good tactic, as Google Algorithm's are advancing all the time and can read your site and understand it. If you write lots of low quality content you are in danger of content cannibalisation, repeating yourself, and providing several URLs to compete for the same keywords.

    Off Page / Backlinks: Links, links, links. Even in 2019, SEO is still about links. Getting high quality editorial, contextual links from high authority websites is still the way to rank your website.

    Anyone got anything else they want to add?

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bettingmaster For This Useful Post:

    Ash Ketchum (3 June 2019), El Padre (10 June 2019), mediamanoz (29 May 2019), PROFRBcom (29 May 2019), reddevil92 (29 May 2019), superhero (27 May 2019)

  3. #2
    PokCas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    302
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 67 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    You forget off-page content, website's load time/optimisation, adding NEW content is as important as having old but good content.
    What is really strong if many pages link to each other and then to you (website->website->website).
    Spend a lot of time with your content (add headings, bulletpoints, pictures, links to other sites).
    This is not just SEO but also business-related, be unique/stand-out, then you will have more visitors, better/unique content and keywords, you will rank better.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PokCas For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (11 June 2019), PROFRBcom (29 May 2019)

  5. #3
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 469 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    I would suggest people start looking at onsite factors using chrome's lighthouse tool to audit their sites. it's a great starting point and has hundreds of considerations / possible on-site optimizations.
    [don't obsess about getting 100% scores, but seek to UNDERSTAND each checkpoint, why they matter or don't, and whether they apply to your site]

    also look at free CDNs like cloudflare, caching for static content etc.

  6. #4
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    907
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 288 Times in 228 Posts

    Default

    You forgot to mention the social factors. Bounce rate, traffic, time on website, etc. It comes with good content and links, but still.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gil.langelaan For This Useful Post:

    ddm (28 May 2019), PROFRBcom (29 May 2019)

  8. #5
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 469 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gil.langelaan View Post
    You forgot to mention the social factors. Bounce rate, traffic, time on website, etc. It comes with good content and links, but still.
    well, those are actually 'behaviour' factors not 'social'.

    also, bounce rate isn't as relevant as you might think in many cases..
    eg, one can go to a live scores site , or a tv listings page, and get the info they need in 5 seconds, and leave the page. does this mean a bad experience? nope. So in this case google might factor in loyalty [return visits]

    worth thinking about in the back of ones head ^

  9. #6
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,897
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,302
    Thanked 1,289 Times in 760 Posts

    Default

    People often forget a customer who clicked the CTA and made a purchase is counted as a bounce if that's the only page he visited. "Bounce is a visitor who only sees one page before leaving your site."

    So you do, ideally, want them to bounce.

    I've just read that you can add an Event that causes Interactions, because two Interactions will mean the user did not bounce. For example, scrolling to a certain part of the page or spending a certain amount of time on the site can be that Event. And then your best customers won't be labeled as the worst ones.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    PROFRBcom (29 May 2019)

  11. #7
    citizen42's Avatar
    citizen42 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 54 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    I've just read that you can add an Event that causes Interactions, because two Interactions will mean the user did not bounce. For example, scrolling to a certain part of the page or spending a certain amount of time on the site can be that Event. And then your best customers won't be labeled as the worst ones.
    You can attach the event to the same CTA click as well, so it won't be counted as a bounce because that's goal for that page.

  12. #8
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,512
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Default

    concentrate on conversions, too many people are fixated on high traffic and bounce rates, I have extremely high bounce yet continue to rank well and convert high..

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (29 May 2019), drifter8 (11 June 2019), eenzoo (29 May 2019), PROFRBcom (29 May 2019)

  14. #9
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,208
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 893 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    concentrate on conversions, too many people are fixated on high traffic and bounce rates, I have extremely high bounce yet continue to rank well and convert high..
    Same here, high bounce rate, low time on page but rankings and great conversions.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

    allaboutthebets (29 May 2019), drifter8 (11 June 2019)

  16. #10
    PokCas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    302
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 67 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddm View Post
    I would suggest people start looking at onsite factors using chrome's lighthouse tool to audit their sites. it's a great starting point and has hundreds of considerations / possible on-site optimizations.
    [don't obsess about getting 100% scores, but seek to UNDERSTAND each checkpoint, why they matter or don't, and whether they apply to your site]

    also look at free CDNs like cloudflare, caching for static content etc.
    Could you please tell us more about the tool? Is it easy to use? What exactly does it help with? How did it help you?

  17. #11
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,028
    Thanks
    1,416
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 745 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    concentrate on conversions, too many people are fixated on high traffic and bounce rates, I have extremely high bounce yet continue to rank well and convert high..
    Quote Originally Posted by eenzoo View Post
    Same here, high bounce rate, low time on page but rankings and great conversions.

    High bounce rates eh?

    > 70%?
    > 75%?
    > 80%??

    Lets talk numbers

  18. #12
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,512
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    402
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,008 Posts

    Default

    over 70%

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    PROFRBcom (30 May 2019)

  20. #13
    casinoportal's Avatar
    casinoportal is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,147
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 150 Times in 97 Posts

    Default

    I'm currently around 66%, but I'm bumping it up a bit since I'm using a VPN when working on the site to check the geo targeting. As long as your converting well then I wouldn't worry about the bounce rate, most affiliate gambling related sites are going to have a higher than average bounce.
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up"

    Online Casino Reviewz

  21. #14
    ddm
    ddm is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Posts
    1,126
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 469 Times in 286 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokCas View Post
    Could you please tell us more about the tool? Is it easy to use? What exactly does it help with? How did it help you?
    sure. it's an auditing tool, focusing on SEO, Accessibility, site speed, responsiveness and other factors. It generates an invaluable report on any site with the click of a button .. what's technically good about it, what's not good [and why], what you could/should address , and other stuff. it's very simple to use and one might say an essential tool if you're a web developer, oh and it's free + built into chrome already..

    here's a guide I found on google which may be useful.
    https://ignitevisibility.com/lightho...ome-extension/

    or you can run it from command line + automate stuff / do batch jobs / reporting if you're uberGeek or need to do a lot of research [but the general use-case is just use it on 1 site at a time through chrome]

    hope this helps..

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ddm For This Useful Post:

    PROFRBcom (30 May 2019)

  23. #15
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,208
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 893 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by profrbcom View Post
    high bounce rates eh?

    > 70%?
    > 75%?
    > 80%??

    Lets talk numbers
    78% ytd

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

    PROFRBcom (30 May 2019)

  25. #16
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,980
    Thanks
    8,260
    Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,761 Posts

    Default

    60% or more is a reasonably good bounce rate to be able to achieve.

  26. #17
    PokCas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2019
    Posts
    302
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 67 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddm View Post
    sure. it's an auditing tool, focusing on SEO, Accessibility, site speed, responsiveness and other factors. It generates an invaluable report on any site with the click of a button .. what's technically good about it, what's not good [and why], what you could/should address , and other stuff. it's very simple to use and one might say an essential tool if you're a web developer, oh and it's free + built into chrome already..

    here's a guide I found on google which may be useful.
    https://ignitevisibility.com/lightho...ome-extension/

    or you can run it from command line + automate stuff / do batch jobs / reporting if you're uberGeek or need to do a lot of research [but the general use-case is just use it on 1 site at a time through chrome]

    hope this helps..
    Thanks a lot mate, will look into it

  27. #18
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,028
    Thanks
    1,416
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 745 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    over 70%
    Quote Originally Posted by eenzoo View Post
    78% ytd

    This jives with what I have come to experience over the years as well.

  28. #19
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 326 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Over 90% for pages that actually convert. Below 75% and you got time wasting crap.

  29. #20
    Malikbhai is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 326 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    Remember, most aren't first time buyers also. If the page is good, many would just come back reducing the bounce rate, but still convert in a day or two.

    If a person is willing to sign up, that happens within 24 hours, after that the chances diminish to nil.

    So ready to sign up traffic is what it is all about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •