casionmark is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default SEM Rush Keyword Difficulty - how accurate is this?

Does anyone use this to help choose which keywords to optimise on? Is it a good reflection of the difficulty of ranking?

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,074 Posts

No.. SEM rush has perhaps a 0.8% accuracy.. old school SEO types who miss PR and spy on your competitor tools love it, those with traffic loathe it for the inaccuracies.. Google has coem a long way in the last decade most of these tools have stayed the same ignoring many other factors, the day's opf trying to get that one ultimate keyword are closing and search is becoming more personal to each user imo

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

dfiocch (22 November 2016), MrDeposit (27 November 2016), Vrindavan (24 November 2016)

dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Thanks

All these "set tools" are "outdated" nowadays. If you think that these "tools" can be blocked for crawling your site and collect data with few lines in .htaccess files... the accuracy is near to the 0.0000000000001%. Just "raw data".

casionmark is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Thanks for your replies - I had suspected this might be the case . When you say "search is becoming more personal to each user imo" - do you mean this is reflected in the search terms people are using, or the search tools and processes people are using? Thanks

Muppet is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Thanks for your replies - I had suspected this might be the case . When you say "search is becoming more personal to each user imo" - do you mean this is reflected in the search terms people are using, or the search tools and processes people are using? Thanks
    It means that based on your previous search history (which the search engines save in a database somewhere, even if you aren't logged in with a google account or equivalent), you and I see differently ranked results for the same keywords. So looking at a list of rankings for keywords is verging on becoming pointless, if it hasn't already. I don't know for sure though because I gave it up as a waste of time years ago.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Muppet For This Useful Post:

wonderpunter (29 November 2016)

iGamer is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'm no expert and am just starting out, but I can see that our keywords that were graded easier KD in SEMRush indeed started to be ranked quicker than our keywords that are graded as more difficult.

So while these tools may not be perfect I do think they provide a general guide which is still useful.

sam83 is offline New Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGamer View Post
    I'm no expert and am just starting out, but I can see that our keywords that were graded easier KD in SEMRush indeed started to be ranked quicker than our keywords that are graded as more difficult.

So while these tools may not be perfect I do think they provide a general guide which is still useful.
    According to me, I have used SEMRUSH, Serpbook and ahrefs, these all tools are good enough but I will still recommend that do not get dependent on these tools. Try to solve these difficult areas organically and that will provide you more organic results.

wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjennifer View Post
    You can analyse keywords from various keyword research tools like keyword planner tools, ahrefs, semrush & wordstream.
    T
    Thanks for the professional advice, best indian travel company top cheapest flights in luxury to India no1 holiday places

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

dfiocch (17 January 2017)

dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    T
    Thanks for the professional advice, best indian travel company top cheapest flights in luxury to India no1 holiday places
    Just LOL