few normal changes only
few normal changes only
hello
A few days ago, everything that was 'exact domain match' moved up by a lot.
Could be, a trending thing. It's a new division in the sports betting I can say that's growing in a way. The competition is low, that could be a reason.
-Shay- (18 August 2013)
xecutable (20 August 2013)
Have you checked to which audience the boost is. What I've noticed is that for me the boost comes only to the audience I have targeted (and where the site's host is located), hence UK and google dot co dot uk.
We noticed a fairly big change (for the worse) yesterday but think it is just general tinkering. We tend to find google will be nice to us for a few weeks then turn. Content that was written when we appeared to be in favour will usually continue to rank fine but any new content gets nowhere and because we are primarily a tipping site a lot of the content is very time-specific so this affects us a lot.
Anyone have any thoughts or find the same thing happens for them?
authenticcontent.co.uk - high quality content writing service for sports betting sites (among others)
bettingoffers.co - sports betting offers, enhanced odds and free bets
Well I target UK audience, hence I saw the boost only on google.co.uk and not in the .com one, on the same keywords.
ocreditor (21 August 2013)
That make sense, thanks for sharing !
You are welcome. Yeah I am not sure if the host has anything to do with it, but I just threw that in, as they all match, UK host, Google UK, UK audience.
I still think the host got nothing to do with it, Google just interested in site loading speed for the benefit of the user, so if you have host out side UK which is faster than UK host for the UK audience (which is possible) the results will be in favor of the host which is out side UK.
This is the only way it make sense to me otherwise it'll be not a "fair" ranking in my opinion...
From what I know, hosting country is a ranking factor. In fact I am pretty sure it is and someone had tested it with 2 domains, one hosted in the UK and another having only set Webmaster Tools to target the UK. It was in a thread somewhere here.
Google have flat out said on many occasions that they use hosting location (among other things) as an indicator of your target country.
onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.
Seems everything is up and down at the minute!
No changes.
I haven't had any big changes in terms of rankings with my site, but we're slowly climbing to the top for our keywords.