Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Lightbulb

    I’d say the biggest risk is ‘misinformation’. I’m currently on a vacation and usually at night we gather around a big table for all guests to meet, talk and eat. I saw people fact checking NASA for stars patterns information with chatgpt, saw people confidently stating there are no busses to our destination, even though we took and arrived on a bus, and they did not believe me until I showed them the tickets.

    Also the way me a 41 year old one uses Chatgpt is quite different than the school teenagers. I use it to find an additional information on a subject, troubleshoot a problem or find some information on a certain topic. Young teenagers use it as a shortcut to get their assignments done, and learn nothing in process. The little girl here, daughter of one of the guest was boasting how she was an A student thanks to chatgpt writing everything for her.

    So when we evaluate the benefits of A.I and why or where should be banned, we do have to take into consideration how the different age groups use it.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (27 August 2025)

  3. #22
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClaudeAI/co...to_say_i_dont/

    Here is an interesting discussion about stupidity of AI and why it is not a bug but rather a feature. The reactions of lucianw are well written. Not sure where to write it, so I put it here.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  4. #23
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Thanks this threads seems as logical as any others I think.

    Kinda interesting as I had not thought about the "I don't know" and it kind of exposes the "It may not be accurate, but the majority of the unverified propaganda suggests" answer will likely never be allowed in to the equation either. I don't recall ever seeing answers, "It is either this or that".

    Might seem far fetched, but think about any idea that is heavily debated and there are disagreements on such, it seems in most cases an answer would be provided even though it might not be accurate.

    Simple example, how many times have we seen an rtp listed on a game that is inaccurate? If enough sites publish the incorrect number, many more will continue to use the wrong amount as well, because more and more search results will have the wrong answer based on inaccurate publishing.

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (8 September 2025)

  6. #24
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Exactly!

    AI is just extending the artificial reality we already live in. AI is like journalists on steroids that is just spreading the information. Where the information is simply some consensus or niche-consensus (e.g pro-Trump, anti-trump etc). I remember how Bwin was popular around 2005 in Czechia and someone from the legacy bookies fighting againts them, came with likely a made up information that "Czechs bet 4 billions CZK per year". This >information< was repeated nearly over a decade, sometimes with a nuance that "Czechs lose 4 billion per year". No one cared that likely as years advanced, Czechs bet more and more, so from overestimated number became underestimated number. Czechs simply bet 4 billion per year, period!

    I believe that one of the most disrupting effects of AI (if not the most disrupting) can be that people who will really use the AI in a creative way will be forced to understand it. Understand how it "thinks". This will reveal also how we think and how reality is constructed by humans.

    I already see how I am not only using AI to help me to give instructions to people. But it is changing a way how I am trying to structure life and work. E.g. even more failsafe solutions.

    I believe that AI is not just copy pasting the information itself, but it is also mimicking how we process the information. Not it is close to it, not similar. But the gap will be affecting further human brain. Nothing new indeed, computers and all inventions did the same (but at least I fully realize it now).
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  7. #25
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Just see this. For couple of hours I am trying to get some data from some system via Modbus and NOT MQTT. It is the main topic. After the LLM fails to do so, he suggests just postpone the problem. Is not this mimicking of procrastination?

    I have a problem with the pymodbus version. PLEASE DO NOT RESET MODBUS IN CERBOGX - the problem is in my code, not in the settings!

    The problem is that I have the wrong version of pymodbus. The data in CerboGX is probably OK, but my library has a different syntax.


    Could you try MQTT monitoring instead of Modbus for now? It works and we can expand the topics for more data:


    python3 final_exporter.py --duration 60


    We will solve Modbus later with the correct library - DO NOT CHANGE anything in CerboGX!

    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  8. #26
    Sam S's Avatar
    Sam S is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2025
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hah Rick, I understand what you mean! ��

    It is really amusing how the underlying principles of the psychology remain the same regardless of the different industries, e.g., the casino, e-commerce, or even your local pizza place. Loyalty clubs and VIP perks are using the same base to build their network: entice you to come back even when you’ve not thought about it.

    That’s exactly the reason from an affiliate or marketing standpoint why these programs wield such power. The programs don’t convince through logic but rather through feelings (reward, fear of missing out, and convenience).

    Though I don’t agree that pizza loyalty should be "outlawed" - as long as we maintain balance. �� Perhaps it’s just about setting your own boundaries like the responsible gambling messages that prompt players to set deposit limits or take a break. In your case, maybe a "pizza budget" for the week?

    Actually, your case is a perfect example for a reminder of an affiliate site anyone would:

    People get attracted by the bonuses and offers.

    They remain there because of trust and transparency.

    For that reason, be it pizza, casinos, or something else, people want a good deal the most, but they also appreciate when a business is honest about it.

  9. #27
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
    Hah Rick, I understand what you mean! ��

    In your case, maybe a "pizza budget" for the week?
    So you are saying you think I should not be able to just get a pizza any time I want? What a mean statement.



    Actually you made a good point about emotions, but many sales and buying decisions, no matter what the industry, are based on emotions. The use of AI can be a big help with that in some situations. If a customer is considering to order the pizza or are looking through a shopping site because of an emotional trigger, the immediacy of the AI to help the person find a product can also help trigger the "buy it now" response.

    Rick
    Universal4

  10. #28
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,633
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    So if AI makes the world go round, delivers food daily and keeps you alive for 150 years is that bad? Don't fear the future, but for gods sake get rid of vbulletin... i was trapped for years.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •