View Poll Results: How much time do you spend each week working on affiliate business?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 10 hours per week

    4 11.11%
  • 10 to 19 hours per week

    3 8.33%
  • 20 to 29 hours per week

    8 22.22%
  • 30 to 39 hours per week

    1 2.78%
  • 40 to 49 hours per week

    6 16.67%
  • 50 to 59 hours per week

    4 11.11%
  • 60 to 69 hours per week

    3 8.33%
  • 70 or more hours per week

    7 19.44%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,366 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Question How much of your time is spent on affiliate marketing

    For some of us, online gaming affiliate marketing is our full-time job. For others it is a part-time job, and for some of us it is really just a hobby. How much time do you usually spend in a week on activites trying to earn affiliate revenue.

    And if some of that time is focused outsite the online gaming arena, perhaps you can post a reply about how you split your time between online gaming and other affiliate programs.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. #2
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    as much as I can. it's a fantastic business and I love it very much, and I spend a lot of time.. I don't remember when I had weekends, when I did nothing and had a rest.

  3. #3
    Don
    Don is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2003
    Location
    Northwest US
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    As much time as I can, which is not enough. I try to get away from work on weekends. I have projects in nutrition and financiial industries also. But this is the most interesting one for me, so I spend more time with it.

  4. #4
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I find the more money I make, the more time I spend... For a while it was probably about 80hrs/week AFTER my 40 hr-week day job. With a family now, I've cut my time way back.

    Biggest challenge now is spending less time on the forums and more time on my sites.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  5. #5
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Biggest challenge now is spending less time on the forums and more time on my sites.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    ain't it the truth!

    I enjoy (sometimes way too much) reading the intelligent posts made and am often very amazed at how smart .... far-sighted the affs are ... in comparison to the program's we promote.

    and the amazing thing to me is ..... is that the wisdom is there in front of them and they choose to ignore it.

    be different if they didn't have a clue.
    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  6. #6
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    At my keyboard probably 70 hours/week. I may have some time managment issues for sure. I spend way to much time looking things up and not enough time on my site. But I am improving slowly and spend 80% on my site.

    It seems like I am always in a state of confusion doesn't help matters much. Still have lots to learn.

    greek39

  7. #7
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I find that I will spend about 50 hours at my keyboard doing affiliate marketing, which is on top of owning my own entertainment company. I tend to find that I get "caught up in the moment" when I am doing affiliate marketing, and I will notice that eight hours later I will wonder where the time went.

    My main problem is that I have to stop becoming a "workaholic", and work on finding time for a more enjoyable social life, which I am working on.

  8. #8
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    About 50 hours a week , but running 5 websites.
    Only one in the casino industry.
    Yes or yes at some stage there are tasks to be delegated.

  9. #9
    donnajyc is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I do about 20-29 hours per week. I would love to do more, but I can't complain. My "day-time" job actually coincides with my affilaite web site. I research and write about SEO, casinos, gambling news, etc. Basically everything a casino affiliate web site has to offer, I write about it. So if you consider that part of my affiliate marketing, I'd up it to 60-70 hours a week. Though 40 of that is devoted to work, and 20-30 to my own site.

    I used to be a computer-addict, spending literally 16+ hours a day on the computer, but that was before I got into the affilaite marketing business, and before I had a family. If I didn't have a family, I would easily spend at least 120 hours a week at my computer.
    Donna Norman
    Gaming Details - Casino & Poker Reviews
    Editor / Writer
    Pearl Gaming Affiliate Program
    donna@pearlgaming.com

    Live what you love | Devotion defines success

  10. #10
    Ziggy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    This is actually a tough question to answer.

    I don't own a television - I refuse to watch idiocy. I obtain all my news, both text and video, from online. I own other non-gambling sites, so my time is spent on them as well. My favorite online audio news source? npr.org (sweet).

    I have relatives who probably think I am watching porn (but are too gracious to say so). LOL (...and no I do not...) again, LOL

    After reading most of the breaking news my morning actually begins with all my gambling forums...and my days ends that way as well. Its my way of keeping my "pluse" on the industry.

    So, since my life revolves around the net, it is difficult to place an "hours" time value on my website "work" - lets just say its my lifestyle.

    My 22-yeard old nephew, whom I helped raise, referred to me as a computer nerd (greatest compliment this ol' guy ever received). LOL

  11. #11
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Well I spend most of my waking hours in front of the PC...

    I hardly ever watch TV unless it's a DVD or for that matter listen to CD on my stereo.

    Like Ziggy, I obtain all my news from the net.

    In so far as time spent on affiliate stuff, I'd say I'm putting in around 40 hours a week.

    Other stuff, like running my web dev business takes another 40 - 50 hours a week.

    Then there is my online gaming (casinos) and playing a few PC games too, that adds up to another 20 hours a week.

    Combine that with posting to forums (gambling) and answering emails...

    I'm surprised that my other 1/2 hasn't left me for the milk man...

    Guess she must really love me!


    Cheers


    Dave

  12. #12
    codename is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Location
    Pasig
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    since affiliate marketing is performance based, we are forced to put in the maximum amount of hours humanly possible and still manage to lead a balanced life and some time for family. the funny thing is, sometimes we work so hard yet get NO RESULTS or NEGATIVE RESULTS, then when we curse it all to be damned - the RESULTS go for a BIG REBOUND. I just remind myself that the house never losses - our content keeps those players playing at the casinos.

  13. #13
    Enke is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 28 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Once you get affiliate marketing in your blood it is hard to sit on the couch and watch mindless b.s. on the television. I find myself sitting on the couch at night with a laptop while my wife watches "Dancing with the stars"

    I would say I spend at least 60 hours on the internet in a week, although I love what I do so I wouldn't trade it for a 25 hour office job in a cubicle for all the money in the world.

    Besides that, I can get televison on my laptop if I really need it.

  14. #14
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Its hard to say exactly how many hours I work on my sites but my day goes something like this

    7am Leave home for the day job as a Credit manager for a Bank ( used to be my fulltime job and then cut it down to half day )
    Leave the bank at 1pm and drive to my "Topboss Offices "
    Arrive at Topboss at 2pm and work there until 4pm ( 1 hour drive away from the Bank )
    Leave Topboss offices at 4pm and arrive home at 4.15pm
    Work at my "home office " until 6pm
    Do the dinner , catchup on my kids news , have a drink by the pool with the husband until about 7.30pm
    Back into the home office by 8pm and work through until 2am

    Oh Boy - I have just realised that I DON'T HAVE A LIFE !!!!!

  15. #15
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    I came into this online casino affiliate business one year ago. Since then I am spending in average around 30-35 hrs/week. I wish I could spend some more. There are so many different and interesting aspects in this business.

    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •