Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default Pitbull Poker Shuts Down

    From reports I have seen, Pitbull poker, the first flash poker room, has shut down operations. I attempted to access the poker client and it errors out. The current story traveling around the portals and blogs reports the owners being arrested and attempting to remove the computers from the offices.

    Not long ago there were reports of cheating, super users and pay out issues to players. Maybe they finally got bit back?

    The following statement has been posted on many of the larger poker forums in the past day:

    "hey guys!

    I'm Dave Brenes... I am only returning for one last post... several weeks ago Kevin Baronowski took away the login to 2+2 from me and since then I stopped following up on the threads as per his request. Tonight one of the people at Pitbull called me in at 3am... Kevin and Jordan were trying to take out the computers and leave without saying anything!!!

    I'm effectively not working for Pitbull obviously, but I just wanted to tell you that Pitbull is over... we will make sure things come out clear. I was led to believe many things from the inside and seems it kicked me back in the butt. From where I see it now, Kevin is capable of anything, and I doubt he will pay players or employees by now.

    Kevin and Jordan were taken by the local police thanks to the quick reaction of fellow co-workers who were suspecting foul play and arrived at the office after hours to find them taking out computers and equipment from the offices. I must say my computer was taken before they could arrive so it is lost pretty much.

    I want you to know that while I was at Pitbull I only did my job and follow the instructions given, and I was not fully aware of the real situation, however I would say Kevin is really a scammer.

    Thank you all and I hope you have a good night

    Dave "
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (30 September 2009), JonOfFinsbury (30 September 2009), mojo (30 September 2009)

  3. #2
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info Chips. The casino end is down too.

  4. #3
    pompeyrayuk's Avatar
    pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth England
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 253 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Well can't say Im surprised by this other than the fact that it has taken so long.

  5. #4
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Lightbulb

    The level of behaviour is something that surprises me.

    I can underrstand a business failing - especially an underfunded business - but having people sneaking around at 3am stealing computers and the cops being called to arrest people?

    WTF?!


    This has to be a lesson in the folly of backing ANY small start up - no matter what the glitzy set-up and promises of benefits for promotion.

  6. #5
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Welcome to the world of Costa Rica.

    I have to say I know Jordan and i find that hard to belive but anything is possible.

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    The level of behaviour is something that surprises me.

    I can underrstand a business failing - especially an underfunded business - but having people sneaking around at 3am stealing computers and the cops being called to arrest people?

    WTF?!


    This has to be a lesson in the folly of backing ANY small start up - no matter what the glitzy set-up and promises of benefits for promotion.

  7. #6
    CAS Chloe's Avatar
    CAS Chloe is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    With the way they handled the closure - the affiliates and customers would be left in limbo. Anyway, it was good the police apprehended them.
    Chloe - Casino Affiliate Share
    Facebook | Linkedin l CAS Forum

    Contact me: YM: foxyasia | Twitter l Blogs

  8. #7
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Chloe

    This is the police in Costa Rica if you pay them 100bucks they would let you go.

    Shaun


    Quote Originally Posted by CAS Chloe View Post
    With the way they handled the closure - the affiliates and customers would be left in limbo. Anyway, it was good the police apprehended them.

  9. #8
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Can i come live with you Shaun.. LOL

    Steve

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun O'neill View Post
    Chloe

    This is the police in Costa Rica if you pay them 100bucks they would let you go.

    Shaun

  10. #9
    hiddenchamp's Avatar
    hiddenchamp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    The still owe me $260. I guess I will never see those $$$

  11. #10
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Steve

    You are welcome to come and live with me, you know I no longer live in Costa Rica I am now in Estonia...

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    Can i come live with you Shaun.. LOL

    Steve

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun O'neill For This Useful Post:

    GFPC (1 October 2009)

  13. #11
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Yeah just as well. I used to play poker with a Guy from Estonia. What a riot he was and a good drinker. When he would go all in, which was like 20 times a game half cut, he would get up and yell ESSSSSSTONNNNNIA>

    Such a laugh!!!! Alright man do you have space for 6 cats?

    I am counting on you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun O'neill View Post
    Steve

    You are welcome to come and live with me, you know I no longer live in Costa Rica I am now in Estonia...

    Shaun

  14. #12
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    5th floor apartment with cats is no so good.....

    Sorry mate.

    Shaun

    Quote Originally Posted by GFPC View Post
    Yeah just as well. I used to play poker with a Guy from Estonia. What a riot he was and a good drinker. When he would go all in, which was like 20 times a game half cut, he would get up and yell ESSSSSSTONNNNNIA>

    Such a laugh!!!! Alright man do you have space for 6 cats?

    I am counting on you.

  15. #13
    bholm is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Pitbull Poker servers up but no games running

    Hello All,

    I was aware of the rumours about Pitbull Poker but could not resist playing because I watched the games and the players were horrible so greed overtook common sense. I deposited $100 on September 23 and turned it into $2,000 in 4 days. My timing was very poor as I think I will get a big fat zero as my cashouts are in limbo. If anyone has more information about what is happening please post it here.

    A lesson learned. If a site is not GPWA approved, don't promote it, and don't play it.

    I never promoted Pitbull nor will I promote any non approved site.

  16. #14
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bholm View Post

    A lesson learned. If a site is not GPWA approved, don't promote it, and don't play it.

    I never promoted Pitbull nor will I promote any non approved site.
    Don't confuse the terms Approved and Sponsor. The GPWA is not a approval process of the affiliate program or poker room. The seal means that they have agreed to a certain code of conduct and have paid a sponsorship fee to be listed here. There are several shady programs out there showing off the seal.

    PokerStars and FullTilt are not sponsors, yet they are both very player friendly poker rooms.

    Not trying to flame you, just I know I was lulled into the belief that the seal actually meant safe.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Chips For This Useful Post:

    Shaun O'neill (1 October 2009)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •