-
6 August 2014, 4:04 pm
#1
Sitemaps
Hey guys,
I have added a sitemap.... but have no idea whether it looks correct.
Would anyone be able to help me out with this?
thanks!
J
-
-
6 August 2014, 4:09 pm
#2
Sure Jaro, just post the link to your sitemap. How did you create the sitemap?
-
-
6 August 2014, 4:20 pm
#3
Hi Christian - its using a wordpress plugin.
Heres the link: http://sportingpreviews.co.uk/sitemap.xml
Another member mentioned that my pages all have the same meta-description, not sure what this referred to, maybe the tags I use in posts?
thanks!
-
-
6 August 2014, 4:30 pm
#4
Try this free online tool to check the validity of your site map
xhttp://freetools.webmasterworld.com/tools/site-validator/
-
-
6 August 2014, 5:24 pm
#5
Your sitemap does appear to be in the correct format, but like sweetbet stated you should validate it to be sure.
I am kinda confused why it is done in so many different sections (different map pages) though as that seems to be off. That should not need to be necessary until you have a few hundred pages on each map.
Rick
Universal4
-
-
6 August 2014, 6:02 pm
#6
Thanks guys - the site validator tool said it was valid.
i had a few published pages with no content on which I have unpublished...maybe they explain why so many appear..
-
-
7 August 2014, 3:11 am
#7
@jarowe - I have replied in the other thread about the meta descriptions
-
The Following User Says Thank You to harrisrando For This Useful Post:
-
7 August 2014, 5:47 am
#8
I use that sitemap tool also. Until recently it just posted the pages out on the one page, now it has decided it would rather split them up into sections following a recent update. This is probably what Google likes but if I'm honest I don't like it so might change sitemap tool.
-
-
7 August 2014, 6:04 am
#9
Same here RacingJim. Not sure its so important after all though.
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules