My PR seems all over the place today on many inner pages and sub domains.
Surely its not due to change again already, only seems like a month or so since last update.
Not good so far either!
My PR seems all over the place today on many inner pages and sub domains.
Surely its not due to change again already, only seems like a month or so since last update.
Not good so far either!
Paul
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Winston Churchill
Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason
My site PR does not got affected with the update. I think there was no update only or my site would not have tracked by google yet :P
Today i saw some changes in some of my inner pages also...
Casino Bonus - O melhor guia de bónus de casino online em Português!
I had lost one rank few weeks ago. Now it is back to the old status again.
Well, I haven't seen any changes in my other major websites. Maybe I am sticking to them. Anyways, I am not giving that much of importance to PR anymore as I am thinking of making sites more quality oriented contents.
Last night i got a 3 back that i lost the last time and many nnew 2 and 1 ratings.
1 site got PR for the first time too so i am reasonably happy.
Paul
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Winston Churchill
Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason
Why waste time watching the Public Page Rank Numbers?
They mean nothing as far as Ranking in the SERP is concerned.
The ONLY PR number that matters is an internal PR number that google does not let the public have access to.
I happen to know of a site that has a Public Page Rank of 2 on it's main page and and average PPR of 1 on the rest of it's pages and it has dozens and dozens of number one ranked pages for compeditive keywords and gets over one million visitors a month from google...
To reinterate... The PR number you see means NOTHING as far as ranking or traffic from google.
Nandakishore (28 May 2009), TheGamblingGuru (4 June 2009)
Well, Google finally done some updates recently. My site increase its PR, the inner page particularly. But my blog remains the same. I wonder why it doesn't increase since i'd been done good campaign on it.![]()
I agree with what you are saying Lots0, however, when a good majority of people put a lot of importance into PR when considering linking exchanges and even website sales then PR will always be an important factor.
Not trying to say that it is important, however, saying that it is pertained to be important.
Incidently, a week after the update i have had a new PR1 go back to 0 and a PR2 back that had gone to 0 last week at the time of the update.
I am sure a few of the other changes have reverted too but cannot put my finger on them!
Last edited by Chalkie; 3 June 2009 at 6:30 am. Reason: chalkie is going dyslexic in his old age :-(
Paul
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Winston Churchill
Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason
I agree Lots0, and when I do link exchanges although I do look at the pr occassionally, I do not use that as a deciding factor when accepting or requesting exchanges.
If it is a quality looking site, and especially if I know the webmaster from the GIA or here, I will discuss exchanges with them based upon their page theme and not concern myself with the fact the page might be a pr0 or whatever....
So for those of you who have had trouble getting exchanges because of a low pr, contact me by pm, and I'll explain the kinds of exchanges I am looking for.
Read Lots0's post again. Where your pages end up in the results pages of the engines are MUCH more important the what the little green bar shows when the visitor arrives at your page.
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
I can put my finger on them...
If you want real traffic from Google... STOP doing link exchanges.
It is not Rocket Science... Google says it flat out... "Do Not participate in link exchanges." if you do link exchanges to manipulate the SERP, you won't rank well in google, simple as that...
xxhttp://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66356
Like I said it is not rocket science... When google tells you NOT to do something and you continue to do it (with no way to cover your ass).... your site is not going to rank well...
BTW - The ONLY opinion that matters in this issue is Google's.
<added>
If you know of anyone that sets the value/cash price of a website based on Google's PageRank... PLEASE let me know... I have a bunch of PR4 and 5's that are in fact basically worthless... that I would love to sell...
Last edited by lots0; 3 June 2009 at 11:06 am.
I knew i was going to get into trouble in this post
I know what google says and i know that they are the gospel and cannot be argued with!
Thing is, we all know that links get us noticed and without them we are going to struggle so whats your way round this?
Yes content matters of course but without links surely you going to have issues.
What do you suggest is the answer Lots0?
You give me the negatives, how about sharing your knowledge with the positives? Please![]()
Paul
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GAU - Gambling Afilliates Union
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Winston Churchill
Please sign this petition if you live in the UK or are an ex-pat Do not let any more children die for no reason
Learn what the search engines want and give it to them, combine that with content and features that people want and you have the keys to success... again not rocket science.
If all else fails... reverse engineer the sites that are successful...and then do what they are doing (and I'll give odds that they are NOT doing link exchanges).
There is no 'magic bullet' to success, no quick path to riches in this business, it is all hard work and a little luck... No matter what those late night infomercials say...
Anyone that thinks they can throw up a cookie cutter mini site or a blog with some aff links and a few keyword stuffed paragraphs of text and do some link exchanges and then make money is naive, retarded or both.
Last edited by lots0; 3 June 2009 at 11:33 am.
TheGamblingGuru (4 June 2009)
None of my pages have increased in page rank at all but links have increased and so have positions in Google and Yahoo.
I read somewhere that next PR was in July, I realise it is not that important but it does look good when that green bar rises.
Am no where on the new Bing, have e-mailed them to see why.
The only problem I have with link exchanges is finding partners that will keep the links up!
Three way link exchanges funnel PR juice into the most important pages. If you have secondary sites I see no problem in offering discreet links from other webmasters to funnel to your main site. As long as there is no straight A>B B>A links I think it's not only fine, but IMPORTANT part of SEO.
Well I tried...
As long as you continue to do link exchanges... your site is NOT going anywhere and virtually no one is going to see it...
As long as you do link exchanges Google (and the other SE's like Bling) will see your site as LOW Quality and treat it that way.
What kills me is that the same people come on here wanting to know why their site is not doing so good in the search engines are the same people that do link exchanges all the time... DUH...
Updates has been done this June. So, I think it takes about 3-4 months before Google set another updates again. While your waiting for the next updates, do a good promotion to find out if there's any changes on your sites PR.
I watched a video on SEOMOZ this week and mini nets are going down. Appears like they may go the same route as a link farm.
I am focusing less on links and more on content, validity, optimization of pages one by one. Let's see how we fair in a few months. I have very few links in and I do interlink between my sites and the last update was favorable. I am going to hold back on any more LE's till after the next go round and see what happens.
--
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~
Gary thescubaguy... Clean out your PM's, it's full and won't take any more.
Gary To answer your PM... those PR 4&5 domains have already been sold (and the new owner is already complaining he can't them to rank).
Once again... the public PageRank (the one you can see) means nothing.Updates has been done this June. So, I think it takes about 3-4 months before Google set another updates again.
The actual PageRank that you DON'T see that is in fact used by google to rank sites is calculated on an ongoing basis... In other words...The REAL PR is calculated all the time. Actually one google engineer told me the PageRank calculations never stop now.