Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Vargoso's Avatar
    Vargoso is offline Spanish Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    February 2018
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 100 Times in 66 Posts

    Default Sharing a bad medical experience - Be aware!

    Hello guys,

    This month I had some health issues what I want to share with the community because, I had no idea I was taking the incorrect drugs (prescript by doctors which is the bad thing actually).

    Two months ago I got my wisdom teeth removed, and the dental surgeon prescript me for the pain the next drugs:

    Nimesulide
    Diclofenac
    Naproxen
    Meloxicam

    I know nothing about medicine so I just took all the drugs very precisely. The last week I started to have some pain in the stomach, I confused it with gastritis which I suffer long time. But the pain didn't go for 3 days so I had to go to the emergency room. After 3 days, a nephrologist studied the case and told that those drugs are non-compatible and cause kidney failure, and without a proper control it can become chronic. Also he told me that dentists have not a deep knowledge about drug prescription.

    Now I'm fine, hopefully 100% recovered, but it was not a good experience, so be aware guys! Even in Wikipedia you can read the adverse effects and drug interactions, but I never did that before just because I trust doctors (well, used too )
    Rakeback and professional services for poker players - https://worldpokerdeals.com

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vargoso For This Useful Post:

    Moonlight Cat (20 January 2019), Triple7 (20 January 2019)

  3. #2
    Moonlight Cat's Avatar
    Moonlight Cat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    1,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,234
    Thanked 1,181 Times in 675 Posts

    Default

    What is the cost of 1 teeth remove in Colombia? Here in Russia ~ $50 (VIP Clinic).

  4. #3
    Vargoso's Avatar
    Vargoso is offline Spanish Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    February 2018
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 100 Times in 66 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Cat View Post
    What is the cost of 1 teeth remove in Colombia? Here in Russia ~ $50 (VIP Clinic).
    A full surgery (4 wisdom teeth) costs about $150 in VIP clinic.
    Rakeback and professional services for poker players - https://worldpokerdeals.com

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vargoso For This Useful Post:

    Moonlight Cat (20 January 2019), Triple7 (20 January 2019)

  6. #4
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,156
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I had all of my wisdom teeth removed at a specialist dental clinic here in Australia, Canberra back in January 2008. It was quite expensive. It cost about $4000 (because they were all impacted) and until now, I still get pain in my mouth from time to time. It was a very unpleasant experience, but it was definitely worth doing and worth the cost.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 20 January 2019 at 1:02 am.

  7. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Had my wisdom teeth removed and got prescribed ibuprofen


  8. #6
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    966
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 308 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    Yeesh, so they prescribed you the drugs at a vip clinic, but it harmed so? Is it a private establishment? Are going to sue them?

  9. #7
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Why did you need 4 different drugs for pain relief?

    1-2 would usually be enough? They are also some pretty powerful drugs.

    I had my tonsils out in October and was having Co-Codamol 30/500 and Ibuprofen which did the trick during the most painful time in the first couple of weeks.

  10. #8
    Martine89's Avatar
    Martine89 is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    It's a pity that it happened. Now you have to check all the recipes on the Internet (

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •