Scorebetting is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Sports Betting Sign Ups

Hello,

I started my sports betting tips website nearly 4 months ago now which is obviously still young and i expected a year minimum. We have done really well and flying up the search engine rankings and starting to get some organic traffic (100 a day.) It may be a little early to be wondering but it is starting to cross my mind as i have literally had 0 sign ups in the last month....

Is getting sign up's near impossible now? Does everybody who wants a betting account have one?

I am fairly sure it's not me and either i need to be patient and get more traffic (which does keep improving and we do keep ranking higher) or it's just impossible and i do think it may just be impossible as other affiliates and the bookies are doing such a good job and have probably just signed everybody up.

Anyway, just wondering peoples thoughts..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scorebetting For This Useful Post:

JoeyC (16 June 2021)

casionmark is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It depends on the keywords your traffic is coming through on and the brands and offers you are pushing. Some brands are very saturated and convert less well - bet365, willhill. You need some good new brands in there to help conversions from my experience.

Sports is tough like everything and it is possible to build traffic quickly, but not converting traffic necessarily. You need the money keywords.
    If all your traffic is around terms like 'betting tips' then possibly people are looking for tips and are not transactional for example. You should look at what people do once they arrive on the site - are they browsing offers, reading reviews, or are they just bouncing back off the home page. Might help you understand what is happening and why.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to casionmark For This Useful Post:

rmeeuwsen (16 June 2021)

baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,340 Posts

Not all traffic is equal, if they're coming to the site looking for tips then they're not neccesarily looking to sign up.

With tips traffic you need a heck of a lot of volume to get sign ups - it wouldn't be that surprising to see 10k visitors to a tips site without any RMPs...

Also how visible are the adverts? Look at the higher traffic pages and view them from the users perspective, especially on mobile.

What about the countries of the users? If you're promoting UK bookies and a large portion of the traffic is from other countries then a lot of them might not be able to sign up even if they wanted to.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

Theratman (23 June 2021)

PaulEchere is offline Private Member
    Thanks

100 visitors per day is actually quite good - however search intent is what matters if you want to get sign ups and depositors.
    A person who is looking for a betting tip will most likely already know where they want to use that tip, so it's not like everyone already has a betting account - everyone who wants to find a betting tip already has a betting account.

Keeping that betting tips traffic intact is also important, as that is a good option to naturally generate backlinks. Nevertheless, you should probably shift your focus more towards other keywords, which can potentially bring you people that are in search of a new betting platform or generally novice punters.
    You can also look into monetizing your tips, but I guess that might require more traffic.

Cleo P is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

Hey!

Congrats for your site!!

Having organic traffic is amazing! Anyways, ups and downs are super normal in any busyness but something that always helps is to pay for advertisement; marketing exists for a real reason... (FB adds, Youtubers, Podcasts, etc)

Good luck

Benitho is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Also, keep in mind, that technically, there are so many hurdles to overcome now for an operator to assign a customer to you.

Cookie blocking, ad blocker, cookies being automatically deleted, when the browser is closed...

rouxx is offline New Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scorebetting View Post
    Hello,

I started my sports betting tips website nearly 4 months ago now which is obviously still young and i expected a year minimum. We have done really well and flying up the search engine rankings and starting to get some organic traffic (100 a day.) It may be a little early to be wondering but it is starting to cross my mind as i have literally had 0 sign ups in the last month....

Is getting sign up's near impossible now? Does everybody who wants a betting account have one?

I am fairly sure it's not me and either i need to be patient and get more traffic (which does keep improving and we do keep ranking higher) or it's just impossible and i do think it may just be impossible as other affiliates and the bookies are doing such a good job and have probably just signed everybody up.

Anyway, just wondering peoples thoughts..
    It seems to be a normal as a part of SEO, you need just to interest new audience to your website. Btw 100 traffic per day is a wonderful at this stage! Come on, you will do it!

Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,806 Posts

Scorebetting, why do you say that getting signups is near impossible or not possible at all? I wouldn't think so. 100 clicks per day is quite good. As long as you have decent traffic, then it shouldn't be an issue for you. No doubt that there's increased competition, and that will have made things harder. You just have to be patient and keep putting in the diligent work. Have a look at your keywords again and see how you can further optimise them.

Have a look at this article - https://www.google(.com.au)/amp/s/bl...imization/amp/

If a program(s) doesn't bring conversions for you, you'll need to eventually find replacement programs for them that will.
    Last edited by Cash Bonus; 22 June 2021 at 4:10 pm.

gm2891 is online now Public Member
    Thanks

A bit late but, here is a good KW for your you: Score Betting's free football betting tips and predictions for Euro 2020